Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Everyone please read

2»

Comments

• Options
    RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Don't know why this couldn't have been worked out between two adults off line from here, and all this over $10. Hum......

Anyway, VTCoins, to your credit, good stand up action. I would buy from you.

Rick
    <html />
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    It looks like VTCoins inadvertantly got a lot of new business from this thread! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    I don't know of you VTcoins but.......From what I read in this thread your top notch.........got an inventory of half dimes?

How about a 51-p MS64FBL Franklin half?

If so, whatcha got!

PURPLE!
  • Options
    callawayc7callawayc7 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    I've read both threads and it's clear that Murphy is in the wrong here. He has apologized in his thread, but I think he should also start a new thread with the apology in the title.
    Tim, great way to handle this. I think most people, myself included, would have flamed Murphy back. Instead, you took the high road and told your side of the story without attacking back. I haven't bought from you before but after this, I definately will be looking at your auctions and website. Good day.image
  • Options
    carlcarl Posts: 2,054
    Tim you should thank that guy for the business. I just looked up your web site and placed an order for some coins. I sent you an email question. It sounded like ifI pay by check I should wait for a letter or something from you. Is that correct or should I just send the check payable to Puro's coins and jewelry. Let me know by email or PM me. The envelope is already ready to go. Again, thank that guy for the chance to air your reply and get everyones blessings.
    Carl
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like VTCoins inadvertantly got a lot of new business from this thread!

It would not be the first time that this has happenned. I purchased one of my favorite coins soon after Bob Green was lynched in the famous "Done Deal" thread of two years ago. I had not heard of him until then.

On the other hand, I am not sure Poe58 has seen his business improve as a result of his actions reported and defended here.
  • Options
    For what its worth, I purchased a couple of kennedy's from Tim a couple of years ago. It was an Ebay transaction. The communication was good, the coins were good, and the shipping was very professional.
    Now if he had a couple of high grade statehoods I wouldn't hesitate to bid/buy from him. People are human, they make mistakes. If you don't give a man the chance the make good on an honest mistake, then your also a part of the problem, and its just as big a part as the original mistake. Nice post Tim. This also proves your professional attitude. I'm glad the situation got resolved. Way to goimage
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    On the other hand, I am not sure Poe58 has seen his business improve as a result of his actions reported and defended here

I would guess that poe's business did not increase from his exposure on this forum....... it's kind of a shame that poe hasn't been around in a while....image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poe,Who?.
  • Options
    Nice post. I used to live in Rutland. He's got to be a great guy!
    I actually bought a coin from Tim and his wife at a coin show in Burlington VT last Fall. They seemed like nice people, had a huge selection, and dealt very professionally. I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    And now... for a completely unrequested ataboy for VTCoins:

I've bought coins from you before Tim... you didnt know it... but I did... you were always at the Boston Annual show when I lived up there... and I always had nothing but good thoughts about you everytime we met and I think I've even bought from you on Ebay (not sure though).

You always gave me reasonable prices... and were always prfessional and courteous when we spoke.

However, you didn't look to me like you were perfect... nobody is... we all make mistakes... tell the wife you'll take it outta her check and press on. You did the right thing by trying to make it right. If that guy wont understand it... then so be it... you dont want him as a customer... there will be more.

Remember... I accept nickels as payment... you know where to send them!image

Peace!

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file