Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ridiculousness Revisited

I thought this really old thread about a 2002FS Jeff in MS67 was a joke, but when I rechecked the pop report yesterday its still a pop 1.

Hmmm.

I'm not sure I care, or if it means anything at all, but I did find it interesting.

Comments

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    I also think this is interesting. I think both sides have valid points.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    What is the coin worth today?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    did that coin sell in ebay?

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rella just sold one for ~$128 this weekend on ebay.
    2002FS MS67... I believe it was 47/0 in PCGS Pop

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2002-P FS pop 47 in 67

2002-D FS pop still 1 in 67
    Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very few (possibly none) of the 2002 nickels remain in storage. Most are circulating now
    and are in XF to AU condition. It's difficult to get a good handle yet on the number that
    were saved but it's probably far fewer than most imagine. The demand for these is almost
    zero so price will say very little about supply. The supply of mint state coins is probably
    mostly tied up in the one million plus mint sets, hoardes of rolls, and the few graded coins.
    Those who have been out there looking at the coins are coming to understand what kind
    of quality is available and are getting a feel for how many were set aside.

It's still a little early to know much about this coin or to be sure many won't turn up, but
    it's starting to get interesting. Caution is still advisable and collecting them is still a hoot.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Rella...did that nickel sell easy for you? Was that the one I sold you or another?
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    ddbird,

Slow weekend on my no-reserve auctions and it sold for about what I paid you for it...not sure if that qualifies as "easy" or not; it didn't sell out of my store at $150 but I didn't leave it in there for long. I didn't think there was any downside...on the other hand I wasn't sure what the upside potential was.

RELLA

Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Well glad you at least made your money back...a profits a profit.

I think those will rise in price over the years...I just dont like em image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file