I'm never right, but never wrong either
imageimage

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • Wannabees that will be spanked on sunday!image
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Patriots will not be stopped in Pittsburgh, I hope Big Ben has rested well knowing he is going to face that menacing D.

Patriots 24 Pitt 13
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine how much I hate the Patriots. I've pretty much hated them my whole life for various reasons. Now they are facing my favorite team, the Steelers.

I've just about had it with all the "experts" picking a Patriots blowout. What the heck are people looking at? First off, the Patriots already had there ass handed to the once this year by the Steelers. Then I get to hear "Well, they didn't have Corey Dillon that game". Does anybody really think the Dillon is going to amount to jack $hit against the Steelers D? Nobody has been able to run against them all year and Dillon will get stuffed like the rest of them.

Plus nobody is giving the Steelers any credit for 15 straight wins. That's 15 without losing. Everybody thought the the Patriots were God's gift to the NFL when they had their winning streak (which we already know who took care of that for them). And nobody better forget the fact that the Patriots lost to the Dolphins! The sorry ass Dolphins! Do you really think that the Steelers would have lost to the Dolphins? Of course not.

Can somebody give me a logical reason the the Patriots are going to win this game? I can't find one at all. The ONLY, and I mean ONLY, chance that the Patriots have of winning this game is if Roethlisberger throws the interceptions that he did last game.

The Patriots can't , nor any other team in the NFL, beat the Steelers if they are on their A Game. Especially not at home. They have proven themselves the best team in football.

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Steelers got 2 gifts last week from the jets kicker. jets should be in this game at ne. that is why everyone is on pats. i see it close game with vinatari winning it late.
    First off the Jets played a horrible game. They couldn't move the ball against the Steelers. If you take out 2 plays, the Jets got blown out. Steelers were way too much for them. They just got lucky on a interception return and a punt return. That's it. The Jets sucked other than those 2 plays. They don't deserve to face the Patriots.
    Well from what i saw and know about football Jets defense played real well and Pats d is much better. Jets special teams played well also. pitt looked very bad last week big ben looked like a big overrated qb.

Pats 20 steelers 17
    Well, good luck to all the Pats fans.

Steelers 24 - Patriots 10

I've been waiting nearly my whole life for the Steelers to win it all.

We'll see how it goes this weekend.
    One more thing I forgot to mention. Eveybody is up on the Patriots defense.

Patriots Defense is ranking 9th in the NFL according to ESPN.

The Steelers Defense is ranked....... Drumroll Please........ready for this?......... #1 !

The question isn't whether the Steelers can move the ball on the Pats. The question is can Tom Brady handle the Blitzburg Defense. They've got a whole bag of scheme's that will lead to some blind side hits on Brady. He won't know what day of the week it is by the fourth quarter.
  • Ok, here goes, some reasons the Pats will spank the steelers....
    Coaching staff is much better.
    Starting QB is UNDEFEATED in the playoffs, experence does matter.
    The last game when the steelers romped. pats lost both starting tackles. ty law, and no corey dillon.
    Plus a few early costly turnovers forced them to go to the passing game. Before that game
    the steelers averaged something like 50 yards a game rushing against the Pats!
    I see a real slugfest, and even though Pittsburgh is a very good team, Belichek will find a
    way to get to hamburger or whatever his name is and he will make rookie mistakes.

Pats 27 Steelers 17
    my hotelsimage
    Cower is known for losing the big games. this is his 5th shot and he only went once. I think the steelers are a very good team but id take brady and that d over ben and that d anyday.
    I agree that Roethlisberger might fold under the pressure. In the back of his mind, he knows that this is for all the marbles. But, he has had all year to choke and he has been spectacular. He has the talent to win it all, it's depends on his mental toughness.

Still though, Brady has to deal with Porter and the boys. I've loved Dillon ever since his Rookie year but he still isn't going to run against the Steelers. So it really doesn't matter if they had him last game or not.

Also, the Pats coaching staff is not better than the Steelers. Cower is the man and his tenure proves that.

Needless to say that I will hide under a rock and not peek my head on this board for a while if I am wrong about all this. I've talked enough crap to completely embarass myself if this turns bad for me, but I don't get this chance too often so I am going to live it up for now.
    LOL wabbittwax dont hide if they lose. bc all the philly fans on here are gonna get it come 7:00 sunday after falcons beat them for the 4th st8 year they fail image
    no need to go and hide if they lose. Hell I agree with much of what you have posted.

just come back and take a couple of lumps. NO biggie.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I won't hide. I have backed the Steelers all season (and all of my life, for that matter) - and while the game will be tough, I have a feeling this is finally our year. So does Curt!

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about the Steelers but I think the Steelers will win the game on Sunday. And I hope they do because even though the Eagles will beat either the Steelers or Patriots in the Super Bowl, it will be easier beating the Steelers. Would be a revenge game for the Eagles, plus the pressure of the Super Bowl will have a negative effect on a rookie quarterback.
  • Pittsburgh coaching staff better??????
    Belichek, 8-1 in the playoffs, with this win he ties Lombardi ar 9-1
    Is your "better" coach 1-3 or 2-3 in AFC title games?image
    my hotelsimage
    Cower has choked, no doubt.

I am still sitting here trying to figure out who the hell Neil O'Donnell was throwing the ball to in the SuperBowl!image

I think it will be a Low scoring game with both sides spending much of the day running the ball up the gut due to this fine weather we are having here in the east.

In the end, it will be the Steelers day!
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, here goes, some reasons the Pats will spank the steelers....
    Coaching staff is much better.
    Starting QB is UNDEFEATED in the playoffs, experence does matter.
    The last game when the steelers romped. pats lost both starting tackles. ty law, and no corey dillon.
    Plus a few early costly turnovers forced them to go to the passing game. Before that game
    the steelers averaged something like 50 yards a game rushing against the Pats!
    I see a real slugfest, and even though Pittsburgh is a very good team, Belichek will find a
    way to get to hamburger or whatever his name is and he will make rookie mistakes.

Pats 27 Steelers 17 >>

Brady is undefeated in the playoffs. However, let's take a closer look.
    * All Brady's playoff wins were at home except for the 2001 AFCC game at Pittsburgh where Brady left the game with a 7-3 lead thanks to the punt return for a TD.
    * If not for a bad call (tuck rule), he would have lost the Raider game. Everyone's saying the Steelers don't deserve to be playing this game because of a few missed FGs. What's that say about the 2001 game where the refs blown call kept the Pats alive?
    * Brady has not played well the few times he's played at Heinz field.

I know, I know, Dillon on some others didn't play the last time. Well, neither did our Probowl NT Casey Hampton, starting CB Chad Scott, run stuffer Kendrell Bell, Tommy Maddox (this one turned out to be an upgrade), Staley (2nd half) and starting RG Kendall Simmons. Every team has injuries. The Steelers had as many key players out as the Pats.

I do agree that this game will probably come down to which team makes the least mistakes. I expect a great game.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Steelers got 2 gifts last week from the jets kicker. jets should be in this game at ne. that is why everyone is on pats. i see it close game with vinatari winning it late. >>

If they wanted to be in this game, they should have made the FGs. Otherwise, let's just claim the Jets should have lost 24-3 if we eliminate the punt return for TD, fumble in the red zone and pick for a TD. That game wasn't even close without the Steelers mistakes. Fortunately the Jets' mistakes were more damaging.
  • This game has the makings of an all time classic!
    my hotelsimage

<< <i>This game has the makings of an all time classic! >>

I agree with that statement!
    I cannot wait to watch it, whether the Steelers win or lose.

I have to work 6-6 Sunday and my butt is coming home tomorrow and clicking the bigscreen on, First Thing!!
  • some classic.. GO PATS!!!!
  • So much for a close game...

Brian
  • CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    This sucks! I was really looking forward to the games today and neither one has panned out. Surely the rookie can't have an amazing comeback and make this one interesting?
  • Did i say spanked??? image
    my hotelsimage
  • CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    It's about to get exciting. I hope.
  • If this INT stands that is it..It should be ruled an INT
  • Will wabittwax show???????
    my hotelsimage
  • The Pats are Jacksonville bound! Woo Hoo!
  • lol.. my guess is.. wabbit yapped it up... and now wont show back up for a while. The real question.. will he show up sooner than murcerfan did after talking sh*t??
    Yeah, I'm here. F the Pats. That's about all the smack talk that I have left in me. Go Eagles.
  • LMAO now that is funny