Home Sports Talk
Options

The birds of the Eagle persuasion

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
will win the game.

Vick is the most overrated player in the NFL. The Falcons won most of the games because of their D.

Vick will be contained, and will be forced to pass.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Vick is the most dangerous player in the game. yeah overrated as a qb! but he is a weapon. heck if i was mora id have him returning punts and kickoffs this game. this is to get to the show dont hold back.

The Falcons d line will be in mcnabbs face. this is not minny's defense this is a very good d line. they will blitz mcnabb and he will choke for the 4th st8 year!

Falcons 24
    eagles 13 RUN RUN RUN! AND MY ICON IS DONE! BACK TO METS AT 7:00 SUNDAY NIGHT!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vick isn't as overrated as he used to be - he has gotten better. I think "inconsistent" might be a better term for Vick now because he has had some very good games. An important factor here is the Falcons head coach. Mora, being a rookie head coach, will make some rookie coaching mistakes in the game which could be the difference. But the Eagles are definitely a better football team. Only bad turnovers could cost the Eagles a win and that isn't going to happen. Eagles are going to win the game.

The Eagles team photo sure is gonna look good in Kuhlmann's posts up throughout the Super Bowl. Especially with that Cowboys trophy picture which will soon be, as Harry Kalas would say, "Outa Here!!!"
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    Not sure who I'll be rooting for, but I haven't been this excited to watch a football game not involving my team in a long time. Eagles/Atlanta 1 was good a couple of years ago, but now I believe both QB's are better and the two most exciting in the game. Neither one is overrated. I just wish TO would be there to add to the drama.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    In a way, this will be like the Super Bowl for these two teams - neither one has a prayer against either Pitt or NE.
  • Options

<< <i> Vick is the most overrated player in the NFL. The Falcons won most of the games because of their D. >>

I used to think a statement like that was made out of ignorance, but perhaps it's just stupidity. Last year Vick goes down, Falcons go 2-10, Vick comes back, Falcons go 3-1. Same defense same special teams same running back same coach different QB. Is it really that difficult?

Brian
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Hey, don't get me wrong, Vick is dangerous. I just do not think that he is a great QB, and is highly overrated.

78.1 passer rating

12 picks

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Vick against a fast, intelligent defense means he is contained and is no threat. Look at how well Tampa's defense has absolutely owned him.

If Philly's D stays with their assignments, they will win this game handily. The Falcons have no depth at WR, Vick is a godawful QB.

I wonder when this failed experiment ends and they just let Vick become the RB/WR he should have been all along.
  • Options
    Vick is great, but he is not Excellent. The Eagles will win for sure.
  • Options
    Axtell, nice to see you chime in, but get your facts straight, Atlanta and TB split their series just like last year.

One thing I will concede/admit about the Falcons is that they’re not a comeback team. Scoring first will be huge in this game. I heard it is supposed to snow hard so it should be a low scoring game, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the winner of the coin toss elect to receive.

Brian