Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help grading 1927-S Peace

I've got two of these, But after seeing what Heritage was getting, I bet i could get at least $20.00 and some Gatoradeimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

F12
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    vf-30

K S
  • Options
    Cleaned.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    VF-20
    Please check out my eBay auctions!
    My WLH Short Set Registry Collection
  • Options
    Cleaned.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Cleaned VF.
  • Options
    Definitely Not Cleaned, not be me anyway and i'm sure my grandmother wouldn't have even taken the time of day to even of attempted it. It is the same as it was when it came out of the Safety Deposit box. However, I am considering cleaning the other with acetone as it has some spots that are less than desirable. Where do you get acetone, Pharmacy doesn't carry it. I think the reason is because of the crankheads?imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Definitely Not Cleaned, not be me anyway and i'm sure my grandmother wouldn't have even taken the time of day to even of attempted it. It is the same as it was when it came out of the Safety Deposit box. >>

What? Definately not cleaned by you? So.....others most likely owned it before your grandma looking at that wear and harsh cleaning. If you slab the coin and it does not get bagged for cleaning or damage (for the rim ding) I'll pay for the slabbing costs. NGC, PCGS @ whatever level you choose.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    not gold, not a 1964, looks harshly cleaned to me! For once I have to agree with snot-nosed Cameron...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Some things never change, Marty, Grow up or Throw up......I should send you the 64-D with some K-Y..........Enuff Already.image
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    ozzysdad,

Why is it that every time you post a question, you have to get extremely defensive when you get the answers you don't want and end the thread by insulting others?
  • Options

<< <i>ozzysdad,

Why is it that every time you post a question, you have to get extremely defensive when you get the answers you don't want and end the thread by insulting others? >>

Thats a great question. He says there is no way they are cleaned. I offer to pay ALL grading and shipping fees if they slab. Do it ozzydad!

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options

<< <i>ozzysdad,

Why is it that every time you post a question, you have to get extremely defensive when you get the answers you don't want and end the thread by insulting others? >>

Marty stirred that bucket, I took no offense to any of the other reply's
    and now you jump in, "That's Smoe of your business",
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some things never change, Marty, Grow up or Throw up >>

Damn, I should have said that every time there was a crack to me about AU58s, or weenie coins, or the night with Russ, Heath, Ken, the case of Tequila and the sheep.

Man, lighten up! If you can't take a little ribbing go over to the Kingdom of sleep!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭

<< <i>Damn, I should have said that every time there was a crack to me about AU58s, or weenie coins, or the night with Russ, Heath, Ken, the case of Tequila and the sheep. >>

Don't forget the Shows in Tijuana, Marty.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first coin grades VF20 or so, not necessarily cleaned, despite what "mister automatic cleaned" says.
    it looks like a decent mid grade circ.

the second coin has fine detail but nets out in the good to VG range for the rim dents and reverse dig, plus ugly spots.

neither coin is worth worrying about or fooling with, imo, much less "slabbing" (they won't)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i> not necessarily cleaned, despite what "mister automatic cleaned" says. >>

What? I grade them as I see them. If you have a problem with that I'm sorry.

If the coin is cleaned why should we all say it is nice, get his hopes up and then he tries to sell them/slab them. PCGS will shoot his hopes down.

Mr. Automatic cleaned image

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, cam, last time I checked, "cleaned" was not a grade.

someone asks for a grade, you reply with one word: cleaned.

At least give a detail grade, mention the cleaning, and provide an approximate net grade.

ps: the first coin does not look cleaned to me, just circulated.
    the second coin is so ugly, a potential cleaning is the least of its worries image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>Well, cam, last time I checked, "cleaned" was not a grade.

someone asks for a grade, you reply with one word: cleaned.

At least give a detail grade, mention the cleaning, and provide an approximate net grade.

ps: the first coin does not look cleaned to me, just circulated.
    the second coin is so ugly, a potential cleaning is the least of its worries image >>

Well baley last time I check cleaned coins don't get grades @ PCGS. They bag them for "cleaned".

This is the PCGS forum and not the ANACS forum. I grade per PCGS standards unless otherwise stated.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    the coin does not appear cleaned to me, though the contrast or something on the digi-pic is turned way up. i think that because the 2x2 holder is WAY to white looking.

K S
  • Options
    It's difficult to tell with Peace dollars. It was so hard for me to find decent specimens that I gave up on the series. Just too many cleaned ones out there but some of these dollars exhibit that kind of luster. I would at least grade it Good because of the rim ding and reverse feathers are falt. Without the rim ding possibly VG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file