Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Ad in Jan. '05 "numismatist".....99.00 (4 freebies) still offered in there

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
the Jan '05 one.

PCGS has a full page ad for their collectors club.

The ad still offers the 99.00 gold membership with 4 free gradings and also the platinum with 8 for 179.

both still include the usual freebies

Comments

• Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    platinum membership the best VALUE in numismatics!!

you get 8 free gradings..more than pays for itself

a neat choice of a great informative book or a holdered graded silver american eagle

and for me very importantly, you get the online pop reports for two years!!! also a hard copy of the most recent pop report if you wanted something to use if the computer was not handy

and quarterly freebie grading............................

again one of the best VALUES and depending on your coin situation a fantastic deal

i wish i had signed up sooner but better late than never!!!!!

michael

• Options
    For Numismatist it usually takes 2-3 months prior to the magazine coming out to place an ad. They might have submitted and paid for the ad back in Oct. before they decided to change the membership levels.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For Numismatist it usually takes 2-3 months prior to the magazine coming out to place an ad. They might have submitted and paid for the ad back in Oct. before they decided to change the membership levels.

Cameron Kiefer >>

ahhhh but they should still honor that ad, no?
  • Options
    Yes they should, and if you send in the ad along with your payment I bet they would honor it.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice until after I saw this thread that they had deleted the four free gradings from the gold level. I also see the platinum level still includes eight free gradings, but was cut to one year. Do you think they discontinued the four free gradings in the gold level to entice more people to join at the platinum level?
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    Yikes! I hadn't realized they changed their subscription requirements. $49.95 for a silver level membership. In my opinion that is NOT a good deal. I'm a gold level member presently and that was enough of a bite considering I also had to pay postage both there and back and insurance and registered mail fees too!
  • Options
    I'll be going NGC, sick of waiting forever for grades and this is just the topper. Plus I saw Russ's coin and the grade it came back and I am ready to hrow up!!! PCGS can kiss my money goodbye along with many others too! PGCS needs to learn the basic rule of business, don't bite the hand that feeds you.image
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    For me, the silver level is not bad. It doesn't include the free gradings, but it does give me access to the online population reports. Considering I only submit a few select coins a year, I may go that route. Half the price, equal grading fees now, and just the "goodies" I need.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file