Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Poll to see who reads/subscribes to which publication.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
These are just the ones I thought of in a quick minute. If you check other, can you please post to let us know of some other quality Numismatic publications we might try?? Thanks for helping.

I had thought I could make the poll so we could choose more than one, But evidentally I can't, so just choose your favorite and reply with any others if you want to.

Al H.image

Comments

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I guess there is no way to vote if you get more than one. Currently, I get the Numismatist, CW, and the Red Book. Others on a less frequent basis.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read Coin World and the Numismatist regularly. Though I own a Redbook, I rarely use it.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>

<< <i>I guess there is no way to vote if you get more than one. Currently, I get the Numismatist, CW, and the Red Book. Others on a less frequent basis. >>

yes there is, use other. >>

Uh, I posted what I got. But there is no way to make multiple selections in these polls.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Where is all of the above? Thats the box I would check.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    I voted Coin World. Others that I read are Coin Values that comes with Coin World once a month. Coin Values has some excellent articles IMO. The Redbook is a must have for reference. image
    Wayne
  • Options
    Numismatist---the ANA publication
    Redbook
    CW
    NN
    Coinage
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NN, CW, Coins, and Coinage.

I just bought a Redbook for the first time since 1963. I'll probably get one every year for now on.

I get a Krause 1900 to date every once in a while and the earlier ones a little less often. I'll Jump on
    a multi volume set for 1700's to date if they print it.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Numismatist
    Coin World
    Numismatic News
    Penny Wise (EAC publication)
    Redbook
    Krause 20th & 19th centuries
    Spink (Coins of Great Britain)

and various specialty books for US Half Cents, Large Cents and Canadian coins.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the recent past I let my subscriptions to Coins, CoinWorld, CoinAge and Numismatic News expire.

I sort of miss getting them in the mail, but when I was getting them it was really the same of cr@p each issue so I thought I'd take a brake for a few months. Then I may resubscribe.

I get Redbooks when they come out. I also get the journals from the Seated Coin Collectors Club, John Reich collectors society, and Civil War Token Collectors club
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I read Coin World and the Numismatist regularly. Though I own a Redbook, I rarely use it. >>

Me too.
  • Options
    Cast my vote for Numismatic News as favorite in the poll, because the mint statistics column in that particular publication has allowed me to pick-up a quantity of a few low-mintage Mint products that I would have otherwise missed (i.e. Library of Congress $10 Bimetallic & Capitol Visitor Center $5 Gold), as well as a few nice trades thru the Free Classifieds, so it's been well worth the subscription price.

Also subscribe to:
    Coin World w/Coin Values supplement
    Numismatist
    Franklin Collectors Club Newsletter

Allowed subscription to run out:
    Coinage (last year)

Reference Books include:
    Annual Red Book
    Krause 19/20
    Gray Sheet (binder pack quarterly refills Gray/Blue/Green etc)
    Breen (sure wish this was updated annually, some entries have been disproven/updated)
    Coin World Collectors Clearinghouse (ditto above)
    Red Book (traditional, annually)
    Red Book of Morgan Dollars (just ordered)
    Coin Vault Guide to Gold Plated State Quarters

Just kidding about that last one, of course.

Cheers to all from a lurker who rarely posts...

The Coin Trader
    thecointrader@hotmail.com
    "Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."
  • Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    As a dealer, I read CW, NN, BNR, WC, Numismatist, etc. There was no way to click more than one.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess there is no way to vote if you get more than one. Currently, I get the Numismatist, CW, and the Red Book. Others on a less frequent basis. >>

Same here.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see a choice for NONE.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see a choice for NONE.
  • Options
    DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    I get Coin World, Numismatist, Gobrecht Journal (and E-Gobrecht), Asylum (and E-sylum) and Southern Gold Society eNewsletter.

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kept looking for "None"... still looking.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't be the only one for Coin Prices! Can I? image

Oh well, I only subscribed for the SAE. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you mentioned . . . I do subscribe to multiples . . Numismatic News, Coin World, The Numismatist, and CoinAge. Also pick up the basic Redbook every couple of years . . . and Coins when I am bored.

I really do like that new supplement "CoinValues" which features a different series each month. Great for the beginning collector, and I have to do a bit of educational stuff with the ANA ties I have, so they are awesome for me to use. . .

DRUNNER
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the Numismatist---the ANA publication every month and read Coinage. I got my first Red Book the 2005 one in the summer. Also, I found my dads 1968 Red Book the 21st edition.

• Options
    I voted other because I get both Numismatist and Coin World!
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    NN, CW, The Numismatist, and the Red Book (new copy every couple of years).

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Coin World, Numismatist, have a red book but don't buy it every year.

Mike

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I subscribe to Coin World and COINage. I buy Red Books every year because I have a complete date set of them and keep them up. I usually buy a ring bound Red Book to take to shows. I also get the Numismatist because I belong to the ANA. I would not buy it otherwise. I also "Pennywise" as an EAC member and The Civil War Token Journal.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to subscribe to NumiNews, but now all I get is the Numismatist.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    keojkeoj Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Redbook every couple of years. Gobrecht Journal 3 times a year....(this one is the best).

keoj
  • Options
    ca0100000ca0100000 Posts: 362 ✭✭
    Redbook
    and just started Coin World from NetMagazines.com for 24.95 a year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file