Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1982 topps "blackless" on the registry ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Just a quick follow up... I have a blackless George Brett In-Action card off the elusive Sheet C available on eBay in an auction ending this evening.

1982 Topps Blackless George Brett on eBay

-Josh
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    So, do the hardcore blackless collectors scour the fleamarkets and garage sales in Michigan hoping to find a box of 1982 commons that might hold a blackless card or two? There must still be some out there, right?
  • Options
    So how do you find out what sheet the card is from? For example my Bucky Dent #240...is that Sheet A, B, C?

Also is there anyone that has a guess to what the Bucky Dent #240 'Blackless' PSA 8 would fetch on the open market?

• Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    On the back of the card on the border, you will see a letter. Blackless only came from A,B, or C sheets, with C being by far the most rare.
    Jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Your Bucky Dent card is from Sheet A. Sheet A commons are worth anywhere from $10-30, perhaps closer $40 for your Dent because it's in the PSA holder and labeled as a blackless, maybe more, depends on who's looking for it or how nuts people get over the card in the holder with the blackless label.

-Josh

1982 Topps Blackless George Brett on eBay ending tonight

• Options
    Does anyone know what commons would sell for? Are they worth grading?
    Thanks
    Ken
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Got my Rod Carew in a 7imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

I should notate that it says "Blackless" on the label as well.
  • Options

Is it just me or does Bruce Benedict look like Kelsey Grammer?
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    15 months since this thread was started, and I still don't have a Blackless Tram! image
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    I've been working on 82 Topps trying to complete my Registry set and decided to pick up some of the blackless variations along the way. I sent in some for grading, kept a few and sold off a few to Registry guys. I found that getting a PSA 7 or 8 is typical with the blackless cards because they are limited in numbers- tough to find centered! I was able to land a few PSA 9's which was nice. I have yet to see any blackless cards grade 10. If anyone has a sharp #500 Carew blackless for sale let me know. By the way, nice Palmer!
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the #500 Carew blackless in PSA 8. A tuff POP 2 with none higher.

Getting ready to submit the Blackless Carew AS.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Is it just me, or are those cards stronger without the facsimile 'graph? I know a common complaint about the set is that the design is too "busy" and that definitely does away with a bit of the clutter.
    CARD IS TIGHT
  • Options
    Congrats on the #500 Carew PSA 8, if you ever put that card up for sale let me know (though with your user name of carew4me I'm thinking you'll hang on to that one!). I sold my #500 Carew PSA 7 to a Registry guy and kind of miss that card. Carew was one of my favorite players. I did pick up a regular issue
    #500 Carew in PSA 10 for my Registry set which was nice.

FYI on the blackless Carew AS, when I sent mine in for grading about a year ago PSA didn't holder the card.
    They attached a note saying "name is missing on front, promo card" or something like that. The name is missing at the bottom because the name is black on the regular issue. Have you seen any of these holdered and labeled blackless? I was able to get all the other cards I sent in labeled as blackless on the flip. I'd like to resend in the AS card again in the future. Customer service had said I could have Topps verify the card but I never followed through on that. I believe my Carew AS has a good shot at grading 8, gorgeous card!
  • Options
    Hiya,
    Been trying to complete my 82 Blackless set. I only need 10 more. Please send me an email or PM if anyone has these for sale.:

288 - Gary Templeton
    450 - jack Morris
    481 - Steve Carlton IA
    548 - Willie Randolph AS
    550 - Bucky Dent AS
    555 - Scott McGregor AS
    610 - Rickey Henderson
    661 - Dave Concepcion IA
    741 - Dave Lopes IA
    771 - Rich Gossage IA

Thanks,
    Eats@aol.com
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    The Morris and Henderson were tough. It is hard to find the Morris without some residual gray autograph.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I only need 10 more. >>

Impressive!! Good luck with your remaining 10. image
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Have heard them refered to as "wall cards"
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I just got a batch of cards back from PSA and to my surprise I had two '82 George Brett blackless cards. I have #549 (PSA 8) and #201 (PSA 8 - OC). I had no idea until recently how rare these cards are. Has anyone seen any of these sell? I saw a few on eBay a while back - but no Bretts. The two that I have are also from the "C" sheet which is apparently the most rare of the three sheets. Any feedback on these cards would be much appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Jeff
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Hello all. I am looking for the Nolan Ryan blackless and will pay a nice price for it. Just message me if you have one sitting on a shelf looking for a good home.

terry
    Collecting Nolan Ryan Master, 1968 Basic, and WHA, as well as unused and authentic tickets from 60s-70s rock concerts.
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let everyone know I'm putting the two George Brett Blackless up on eBay tomorrow (12/30) at 10am (pacific). I hope you guys will check out the auctions. My eBay screen name is "thebig80scollection".
    Happy New Year!
    Jeff
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Is this about that George Forman card? I mean George Foster. Boy do they look alike with the side burns and all. Man, did Foster hit 52 homers one year. Man, That "columbian" must have been super choice in the 70's. Man, That Foster Error card was impossible to get. Just like that John Littlefield Fleer card. Speaking of which, John Littlefiled sucked so hard that he pitched better Left handed even though he was a rightie. And what about AL Hrabosky's error card! Geez, that guy was REALLY as small as his error card said he was! Really!