Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grade Revealed on the Toned 21 Peace

tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
I finally got the 21 Peace I wanted.........and I didnt want a bright white dipped queen.....within my budget after unloading some toned Morgans to a buddy of mine who loves rainbows.....

Any guesses as to the grade.......... Not the best pics, only one light source, but I think you can get the idea of what it looks like
Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Comments

• Options
    ms61
  • Options
    AU58
  • Options
    ms60
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    ms 62

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Options

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to say 62...maybe even 63. My gut feeling was to go with 61, based on how I perceive the eye appeal, but I don't think most of the markings on this coin are physical hits that would unduly detract from the grade. Other than just below the I in LIBERTY, I don't see too many big detracting hits.
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either Au-58 or MS-62. It's difficult for me to discern from the photos if the apparent luster breaks on the lower central portion of the eagle (lowermost photo) high points are from weak strike or slight circulation rub.

It's a call that I'd have to make in person while rotating the coin in the proper light.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    that hit below the I in liberty is not a hit, its a spot with not much toning...... not many hits otherwise.

No luster breaks in hand......
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS-62
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    NGC right?

I have one very similar to yours, a bit whiter & mine is a 64!
    So, I'll go with 64....maybe even a 65!image
  • Options
    Its NGC.

I have seen better strikes on 21's. It has two small rim nicks, hardly worth mentioning, but there nonetheless. I have seen worse 21's in 64 holders..........so thats a hint.....its not a 64.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, anyone that thinks he can grade from that picture deserves whatever he gets.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    MS63
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming that's not rub on the eagle's wing, I say MS63.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    64 to me.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin, it's got an above-average strike and some "original" all over it.
    Smooth cheek, very few marks, but the luster somewhat subdued. I'll say NGC MS63.

An old thread on the subject of grading 1921 Peace dollars.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    AU 55------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    AU50
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    MS63
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    ms64 with a shot at 65? (the cheek looks very clean in the image). Happy New Year! imagematteproof
    Remember Lots Wife
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    62, shot at 63

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    That could be rub on the hair and eagles wings. If so looks AU58, if not MS63.
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    So...what's the grade?

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    NGC 62.............i think it can easily go 63, but thats just my opinion......and some other folks here I guess.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    It's got a great strike, but the dark spots/streaks really hurt it. I had guessed 63, but 62 isn't a big surprise.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    NGC MS63
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file