Home Sports Talk
Options

Rams Eagles MNF

This is an interesting match-up. I believe almost every analyst has picked the Eagles to win; however the Rams are a small favorite. I think Bulger plays and the Rams win as they’re desperate and that’ll bring out the best in their aggressive offense. Philly is the #1 seed win or lose so I think they’ll lose some “fire” not to mention they’re probably a little nervous of losing another player to injury. My prediction is Stl 27 Philly 17. What do you guys think?

Brian

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I think the rams are very bad team. Philly will come out and win this easily. they want to show the world they can win without owens. so i look for a easy philly win. i could be wrong. then i think philly will get knocked out in the playoffs by the 6th seeded panthers again.
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    The Eagles blitz always killed the Rams Offense even back when almost no one could stop it. However; since the game is in the dome I think the Rams have a good shot to win.

<< <i>Philly will come out and win this easily. they want to show the world they can win without owens >>

Or will they be reluctant to keep McNabb/Westbrook/Kearse/etc. out there because they can't risk another major injury?
  • Options
    St. Louis will win, cause I want them to lose. Its simple logic!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>St. Louis will win, cause I want them to lose. Its simple logic! >>

Hmm, I figure they'll lose because I want them to win. Guess we'll see tonight who's the bigger hard-luck football fan.

Actually, the Rams will likely lose simply because they're a bad football team that's in complete disarray. I was a pretty big Mike Martz supporter up until this year. I still actually kinda like him, but he needs to be stripped of his de facto GM status. I also wouldn't mind seeing him go back to just being offensive coordinator, though that's pretty unlikely.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    yawie99,
    I feel the same way about Martz. I've always defended him when my friends rip on him, but I'm too the point where I can no longer do it. If we hadn't lost Lovie I think this team still would have won the West but we need to make major personel improvements, and if Martz goes I won't be sad, I just wish Lovie would have stayed on more year to replace him.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's amazing how much the defense has fallen off this year. Losing Wistrom, I think, accounts for a small part of that, but a lot of it has to do with Lovie's departure. The personnel hasn't changed that much, but the unit went from being a somewhat yielding, but very opportunistic squad to one that just looks so fundamentally unsound. I didn't know much about Marmie when the Rams hired him, but his resume didn't seem all that impressive. It's only gotten worse this year.
  • Options
    Yah, hiring a D-coordinator from a bad Arizona team is a little questionable, but I'll give him another season. Maybe he just needs to get the right guys to fit into his system and those that stay to believe in it... I hope.
  • Options
    martz is a great offensive mind, he just cant coach come game time. we have no defense and little offensive line help (thats an overstatement)- we should lose this game big, but who knows.

GO RAMS
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    I'm about to head out the door for the game right now. My friend's father-in-law is forsaking his ducats - as I'm sure a lot of season-ticket holders are at this point. My bad karma should therefore be extra strong, Beef. Looks like you'll get your wish.
  • Options
    10 runs off to start the game, 7-0 Rams.

Yep.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Eagles D isn't the same without Kerse. It also looks like Wynn is simple in the head trying to intercept that - duh!

Brian