Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The coins you wanted for Christmas- but didn't get!

What coins did you think you might get for Christmas, but you didn't get them? (Note: These are the coins you thought you might have had a reasonable chance of getting; don't list a very expensive coin like an 1804 dollar unless you really thought you had a halfway decent chance of getting one.)
image"Darkside" gold

Comments

  • Options
    Clad 2004S State Quarter Proofs. It was the first item on my list.image
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get a Lincoln 1860 campaign medalet from the Baltimore Presidential auction. It's listed as AL 1860-10 in Sullivan. I bid $635 plus the 15% buyers' fee against an estimate of $400 to $600. It was not to be. It sold for $650 plus the 15% buyers' fee.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I have had 4 on my list for 2 years now and can't get/find them...

    All Cook Island $1 proofs! 88,92 and 94! and the 1987 one made out of gold!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

  • Options
    i wanted that 95 proof- but scumnuker screwed me.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file