Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Poll: Will you buy as many coins in 2005?

RYKRYK Posts: 35,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
Some of us are done buying coins for 2004 (but cannot wait until 2005 to buy more image ). I have had a great year buying coins and a reasonable year selling and trading, as well. I cannot imagine acquiring as many super coins next year. What do you think?

Comments

  • Options
    The intent is to get as much of my set in a 64/65 state as possible and a full set of carsons- then I'll be a happy camper. I may buy a bunch just to sell or trade in the future.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect to buy fewer coins in 2005 than I did in 2004 or 2003. But I expect to spend more money.

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I expect to buy fewer coins in 2005 than I did in 2004 or 2003. But I expect to spend more money. >>



    Same here image
    image

    My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And AuldFartte, as far as the subject of Sela Ward's extreme appeal, image

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    I will likely buy less coins but spend twice as much as I did this year.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,669 ✭✭✭
    I expect to spend roughly the same dollar amount, give or take a little. Depending on where my interests take me and what coins I see, I may either end up with almost as many coins in '05 as '04, and I could buy considerably more (mostly lower-priced) coins in '05. Perhaps next month's Houston Money Show will set the tone for me.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I think the dollar amount of my 2005 coin budget may be similar to 2004 (which was much less than 2003) but the number of coins purchased may be less as well.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I won't.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of confusing choices, one of them talks about volume of purchases, another one talks about amount of money. Hard to choose there.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I expect to buy fewer coins in 2005 than I did in 2004 or 2003. But I expect to spend more money. >>

    image
    I've been searching more and more for quality, rather than quantity.
  • Options
    I'm going to concentrate only on finishing my Walkers set this year.
  • Options
    I expect to be a net seller, but I will spend more on silver/gold coins for bullion value. I think that is where the best value from a profit standpoint will come.

    I will continue to try and complete my proof coins and sets from 64 back. Still haven't finished the 40's yet, then we'll work on getting the really expensive ones even further back. It's a collection I will never complete as the goal is every US proof ever struck from 64 back. Hey, if you're going to go for something, shoot for the moon. image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I expect to buy more. But, I also expect to sell more - hopefully for obscene profits.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I'm a net seller but will try to copy Russ!
    morgannut2
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭
    ""I am a dealer and just want to know what the collecting public is thinking"""""



    Well, I am but I also intend to buy more in 2005 both as a dealer, collector and "investor"!


    Tomimage





  • Options
    I am just getting started buying and selling. Of course I will buy more in 2005.image
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably in the buy less coins, but spend more group. The upgrades and type varieties coins cost more.
  • Options
    I will buy more key dates this coming year!

    Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I will buy more key dates this coming year!

    Cameron Kiefer >>



    There's no such thing as a key date sample slab.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I hope to, need to, and will try to, buy more coins in 2005. But will remain cautious.
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will continue to focus on higher quality . . . less quantity. Continual search for eye-appeal . . . particularly in Commems, type, and Morgans.

    DRUNNER

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file