Home U.S. Coin Forum

Next Lee Hoard submission results are in......

Please don't drool on your keyboard.

Comments

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Excellent !!!!!!!
    Tom
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!

LINE # CERT # COIN DATE DENOMINATION VARIETY COUNTRY GRADE
    1 21816277 1885-CC S$1 USA MS63
    1 21816278 1885-CC S$1 USA MS63
    1 21816279 1885-CC S$1 USA MS62
    1 21816274 1885-CC S$1 USA MS63
    1 21816275 1885-CC S$1 USA MS64
    1 21816276 1885-CC S$1 USA MS63
    2 21816283 1881-CC S$1 USA MS63
    2 21816284 1881-CC S$1 USA MS64
    2 21816280 1881-CC S$1 USA MS63
    2 21816281 1881-CC S$1 USA MS62
    2 21816282 1881-CC S$1 USA MS63
    3 21816303 1893-O S$1 USA AU55
    3 21816300 1893-O S$1 USA AU53
    3 21816301 1893-O S$1 USA AU55
    3 21816302 1893-O S$1 USA AU55
    3 21816297 1893-O S$1 USA XF45
    3 21816298 1893-O S$1 USA AU50
    3 21816299 1893-O S$1 USA AU55
    3 21816294 1893-O S$1 USA AU50
    3 21816295 1893-O S$1 USA XF45
    3 21816296 1893-O S$1 USA XF45
    3 21816291 1893-O S$1 USA AU50
    3 21816292 1893-O S$1 USA AU55
    3 21816293 1893-O S$1 USA AU55
    3 21816288 1893-O S$1 USA XF45
    3 21816289 1893-O S$1 USA AU50
    3 21816290 1893-O S$1 USA AU50
    3 21816285 1893-O S$1 USA AU55
    3 21816286 1893-O S$1 USA AU55
    3 21816287 1893-O S$1 USA AU50

Date Received: 11/30/2004
    Date Shipped: 12/22/2004
    When in doubt, don't.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Well, I see the price of 93-Os coming down. The market is already poised for a drop, 19 of these aren't going to help.
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like 93-O is a common date!!!!
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433

<< <i>Well, I see the price of 93-Os coming down. The market is already poised for a drop, 19 of these aren't going to help. >>

You said it.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I don't see the price of 1893-O $1's dropping at all due to these 19 newly graded specimens. I know this date has appreciated sub-
    stantially during the past 18 months but the coins in this submission
    are probably in the best collector grade (highest affordable) for most
    persons. I see more 95-O $1's in EF than 93-O $1's.

Nineteen EF & AU 93-O $1's? No problema in distributing these coins,
    senor!
  • Here's a cute story for you guys about the Lee Hoard.
    We were at the bank vault yesterday looking at CC's.
    I pulled one XF 1891-CC and said what a shame, someone scratched this one and tossed it to Lee. She looked at it for a while and her jaw dropped. What I saw as just scratches in front of the face was actually "LEE" engraved in the coin. We laughed about it and I told her she had better carry that one as a pocket piece for the rest of her life. Grandpa was communicating from the grave.

<< <i>I don't see the price of 1893-O $1's dropping at all due to these 19 newly graded specimens. I know this date has appreciated sub-

senor! >>

The PCGS population for this date in grades from XF40 to AU58 has nearly doubled in the last three years, and that was before these 19. Couple this with the recent run up in prices, and it spells crash no matter how you want to look at it.
  • Good, image hopefully now I can afford one.

Happy Holidays !!!!!
    Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • I'd like to have the 81cc in 64, and 1 93-0 in a xf45 please? image
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't see the price of 1893-O $1's dropping at all due to these 19 newly graded specimens. I know this date has appreciated sub-

senor! >>

The PCGS population for this date in grades from XF40 to AU58 has nearly doubled in the last three years, and that was before these 19. Couple this with the recent run up in prices, and it spells crash no matter how you want to look at it. >>

Not entirely true. The submission may impact `93-o coins graded 55 and below, but not 58 and above. There wasn't one 58 or better in the bunch. Again this "hoard" stops short of impacting legitimate registry coins. It's only slightly better than population diarrhea, imo.
    I brake for ear bars.
    The 93-O in 55 is not a "legitimate" registry coin? Puhlease.

<< <i>The 93-O in 55 is not a "legitimate" registry coin? Puhlease. >>

I'd be a hypocrit if I said no, since my pcgs registry set I think has a 55, but a set with a 55 is screaming for an upgrade, and believe me, I've been trying. With 700+ coins graded by pcgs in ms60 or better (factoring in crack-outs, the number is still at least 400, and with another 160+ coins in 58, 55 is not good enough for a registry set, in my opinion................ at least not until the morgan registry sets top 500.

Besides, there are a bunch of NGC and ANACS coins that could likely be crossed in 58 or better.

To each his own, but I can't get excited over a bunch of `93-os in 55 or less.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Guys,

Pardon me if I do not throw away my PCGS AU55 1893-O.image

edited for spelling: what else?image
    Gary
  • Trust me, forget the pop's, there are HUNDREDS of Morgan collectors missing a 93O in any kind of shape! When those AU's show up on the registrys, that's one more coin others will seek urgently. I had to pay silly money for a lowly 62, and would have been happy with a nice AU in original condition instead, but couldn't find one I liked!!!
    morgannut2
  • Please settle down, dudes!
    You have NO IDEA what is coming out of this!
  • Kenzo, like I said earlier- i'll take a 81cc in a 64 and a 93-o in xf- pm me on pricing- I'm sure we can work something out before end of year.

I'll take it in xf for now, and will upgrade when the market levels off, unless the au is at a nice price, then Ill take an au55 instead.

<< <i>Please settle down, dudes!
    You have NO IDEA what is coming out of this! >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    I brake for ear bars.
  • What's a 93-O in Au55 worth????
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve Estes is paying $1100 for nice ones so maybe $1250 I would guess.
  • THANKS LAVA,
    You just made up my mind to NEVER AGAIN share anything with anyone about this!
    BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!
    Stupid idiots like you should keep your mouths shut and keep people guessing if you are an IDIOT or not!
    I've had it!
    NO MORE INFO, FOLFS!
    All offers are off on the BST Board and all info on this once in a lifetime deal are gone.
    Thank LAVA! Freakin idiot!
  • Lava,

read your sig line again.
    I'm tired of being told how wonderful this hoard is on this forum -- it's all a bunch of sales hype. And the hype is unreal.

As for my sig line, I am treating others the way I want to be treated. I don't hype my coins, and I certainly wouldn't stoop so low as to attempt to do it in this forum. I also never resorted to name-calling.

When this thread started, we were told not to drool over these coins. I could play the coin idiot and be impressed, or I could tell it like it is -- the populations of the grades you received are so great that the coins are simply nothing to get excited about. If that is an insult, so be it. You want me to get excited, then get better grades. Who are these people getting excited over an 1893-o in au55? They can buy mine.

I have seen coins from this hoard on ebay -- and to me they aren't very attractive.

I didn't bring the sales pitch here, but I certainly don't have to sit hear and listen to all the hyped up crap and not respond.

Kenzo, yes, please do us all of the favor of not hyping this hoard again on this forum. image

My guess is you will anyway.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Hey Lava relax it's Christmas--no better yet please vote no to all the dealers stuffing the ballot box saying it's OK and good for the hobby to sell common date ordinary stuff at 50% ABOVE RETAIL. Look at the fraud poll, amazing.
    morgannut2
  • GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm tired of being told how wonderful this hoard is on this forum -- it's all a bunch of sales hype. And the hype is unreal.

As for my sig line, I am treating others the way I want to be treated. I don't hype my coins, and I certainly wouldn't stoop so low as to attempt to do it in this forum. I also never resorted to name-calling.

When this thread started, we were told not to drool over these coins. I could play the coin idiot and be impressed, or I could tell it like it is -- the populations of the grades you received are so great that the coins are simply nothing to get excited about. If that is an insult, so be it. You want me to get excited, then get better grades. Who are these people getting excited over an 1893-o in au55? They can buy mine.

I have seen coins from this hoard on ebay -- and to me they aren't very attractive.

I didn't bring the sales pitch here, but I certainly don't have to sit hear and listen to all the hyped up crap and not respond.

Kenzo, yes, please do us all of the favor of not hyping this hoard again on this forum. image

My guess is you will anyway. >>

Geez! IMHO, I wouldn't call it a sales pitch - it's not as though he's offering the coins for sale here or something. I can't wait to see the next batch of grades - whether you like it or not, the quantity of amazing coins is just that - amazing! Please keep posting the reuslts. image
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    I'm tired of being told how wonderful this hoard is on this forum -- it's all a bunch of sales hype.

I don't see the sales hype either. He's got one post on the BST board in 6 months, and I don't even know the guy's ebay id...KenzoT turns up no listings for the past 30 days.
  • INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    As with all of KenzoT's posts it is alway prefaced with a title that is self explantory. If anyone doesnt want to read it you are not being forced to, so dont open it. I find these posts informative as do the other 99.9% of the people reading them. The choice is yours if you decide to read the post then deal with it.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • I image with Inxs and the rest of the forum on this- he was not selling anything here- he merely was showing off what he got back in grades hell I would to if this was a sub that I just got back from the Gods in Newport.

Lava- as the saying goes in these parts- if you don't like it - DON'T LOOK! imageimage

Now ya pisd him off, can't wait to see what grades you post in the future, maybe you will get flamed for attempting to hype your goodies.

Hey everyone it's Xmas......image
    If Kenzo wishes to post grades, I'd prefer he post them without telling me how to react to them. I don't need to be told not to drool on my keyboard, which I do consider nothing but sales hype. It is common knowledge that as this hoard goes through PCGS, it ends up on ebay. That is the comment that set me off. I thought it was fair game to add my opinion that I didn't think those grades were particularly rare.

If you disagree with my opinion, sorry you feel as you do.

As for being called an ass by Kenzo because I'm not drooling over his coins, he showed his true colors.

I brake for ear bars.
  • Why is it that every thread here ends up in name-calling and ill will. How unfortunate. Peoiple should really lighten up and enjoy the hobby.

By the way, the '93-O in the upcoming Superior Sale at FUN is definitely one to get excited about ... PCGS MS66PL, beautifully toned, ex Eliasberg, and in my opinion it is the finest known specimen. Now that's exciting !!!

However, to a collector who is on the treasure hunt to complete a set of Morgans, and for whom the '93-O is needed in an affordable grade, buying a nice AU could be just as exciting !!!

Merry Christmas,
    Sunnywood
  • get a little too much coal in your stocking lava?

This guy came on the board with outlandish reports about coins he had come upon and the majority of the members looked at it with jaundiced eye. Lo and behold, time goes by and it appears he was telling the truth and has posted the grades. It turns out it is a really interesting and intriquing story, and I think a number of folks have enjoyed watching this unfold.

"Don't drool" is comedy, not being told how to view the grades.

Since it is Christmas, perhaps we should all treat others as we want to be treated.

oh wait . . .
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Gee Whiz

I didnt see an offer to sell anything from the hoard !
  • This is my final goodby.
    Evertyone thank Lava!
  • Wheres LAVA ?
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Proof,

Were we running short of flame wars? image

Russ, NCNE
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we really are running short on flame wars, just let me know....I have a couple sitting in my pocket that I keep put away but could really stir up the board image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>Well, I see the price of 93-Os coming down >>

GREAT !! I need a solid AU image

• << <i>This is my final goodby.
    Evertyone thank Lava! >>

Please- Say it ain't so! Don't let one bad apple ruin it for everyone. Keep posting your results. We like living vicariously through you! No one seems to agree with this Lava person's views, anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file