Home Sports Talk
Options

Sorry guys, but does anyone have HDTV or PLASMA TV ??

Sorry,

But I work with a bunch of women, and no one but
you guys would know this answer.

What TV would you recommend ?
PLASMA or HDTV ?

Can you get HDTV on plasma ?

Will I pay 2-3 thousand this year only
to see them selling for 500.00 two years from now ?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I have sony hdtv 61" but looks like all the stores like best buy and stuff are going plasma and flat and they have a nicer picture then hdtv in my opionion.
  • Options
    Thanks Kuhlmann,

But do you get HDTV on Plasma TV ?
    Or does Plasma TV give you the HDTV "affect".

Doesn't HDTV give you a different angle on sporting events ?
    Would plasma provide this as well ?
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I Dont know much about the plasma. best bet is to go into best buy and ask there if you have one in your area. go on a weekend when they have the games on in there and you might not want to leave.
    Sorry cant be much more of a help here but the plasma picture looks amazing to me.
  • Options
    I have a 53", "HDTV Ready", rear projection TV. The HDTV is great on it, but I think that plasma looks more vivid. There are still numerous problems with plasmas, most notably, the "burn" effect - if you leave something paused (game, DVD, etc.) for several hours, it could permanently ruin your TV by "burning" in the image. Another possible thing to consider is a projector. One of my neighbors has a HDTV projector, which projects onto a large 8’ white screen. It looks badass -great for watching sports.

Cost-wise, all TV’s will keep falling. A few of my friends have done carbon nanotube research, and these will eventually become the new design for TV’s. They will be priced like CRT’s, but as thin as LCD’s. I’m not sure when these will come out.

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>I have a 53", "HDTV Ready", rear projection TV. The HDTV is great on it, but I think that plasma looks more vivid. There are still numerous problems with plasmas, most notably, the "burn" effect - if you leave something paused (game, DVD, etc.) for several hours, it could permanently ruin your TV by "burning" in the image. Another possible thing to consider is a projector. One of my neighbors has a HDTV projector, which projects onto a large 8’ white screen. It looks badass -great for watching sports.

Cost-wise, all TV’s will keep falling. A few of my friends have done carbon nanotube research, and these will eventually become the new design for TV’s. They will be priced like CRT’s, but as thin as LCD’s. I’m not sure when these will come out.

Brian >>

Damn - they sure do lurn 'em good at that Georgia Techno-logical school !!!
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    From what I understand - Plasma is the type of screen like projection and LCD, while HDTV refers to the type of feed like analog/digital. You can get HD plasma tv. So I would recommend a plasma HDTV. I was 55 in Mitsubishi projections HDTV and am very happy with it.