Home Sports Talk
Options

Why it is tough being a Philly fan

2»

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what TO did while he was in San Francisco. Doesn't matter. He is an Eagle now and has been as outstanding an Eagle as we have ever had, both on and off the field. I read and listen as much about the Eagles as anybody and there has not even been a hint of any subliminal type comment from any other Eagles player regarding Owens being a negative influence in any way whatsoever. That sideline "incident" with McNabb was only an incident to the stinkin' out-of-town sportwriters who don't like Owens. Owens cares deeply about this team and will do whatever it takes to see them win, even if it means harping at McNabb to pump him up.

If we wanted to talk about a truly obnoxious loud mouth punk football player then we could talk about Warren Sapp while he was with the Bucs. I remember a "real" punk sideline incident when a 300+ pound football player by the name of Warren Sapp tried right after the game to seriously pick a fight with a senior citizen assistant coach from another team who was simply verbally defending his player that he perceived that Sapp took a cheap shot at and injured him. For punk Sapp to want to fight this poor guy who Sapp could easily injure or kill with one punch is what being a real punk, among other things is all about.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ill be the first to agree that Sapp was a loud mouth who for the most part backed it up. He
    didn't back it up that last year and thats why Gruden gave him the ax. The Clifton game was
    unfortunate but during an interception everyone is game. When you put on the shoulder
    pads you understand that. I might also remind you that a few plays later Favre was picked off
    and a buc was running it the othe way and Favre was the only guy left. Sapp could of done
    the same to Brett but pulled up....not that I need to defend Sapp, he is fine by himself.

TO showed his true colors in that Bmore game....doing Ray Lewis' dance like TO was the only
    guy on the field. I will NEVER respect guys who showboat in the NFL...its a team game and
    if the other players wern't on the field then you would have nothing. I look at the Bucs and
    there are no hotdoggers left, Im proud of that. They all play as a team, thats the only way
    Gruden would have it.

Pulling Sharpies out of your socks and mimicing dances is just stupid and immature.

JS
  • Options
    isnt pinkston out now also?

Would love for the vikes to play the eagles, as long as our overweight linemen don't hold we will be good.