Home Sports Talk

Can the Chargers go all the way? Why not?

They have as good as a shot as the Stelers in my opinion. I know other teams will have home field advantage, but I think the Chargers have a shaot at that also? Anyway, they have a super hot QB ( and better than Roethlisberger ), one of the top 3 running backs in the league, and the BEST tight end. Their defense is underrated in my opinion. They should have enough to compete. We all know that anything is possible, but I think they realistically could surprise some people. They are a bit weak at WR, but Brees has been making anyone look good this year.

Anybody else think that they will put up some good fights? Just curious.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?

Comments

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I see San Diego as the sleeper pick in the AFC for all the reasons stated above.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    The main question will be Brees. Just like with Roethlisberger you're not sure what your going to get in the big playoff game. He may look like Tom Brady, or he could be like Peyton Manning (prior to last year). Since the Chargers showed they could play in cold weather yesterday, it would be hard to argue against them having as good of chance as any in the AFC.
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    It will be real interesting to see how they do this upcoming week at Indy.

In the playoffs, they will probably have to beat Pittsburgh and New England on the road. That won't be easy, especially in January.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey after the Red Sox won the world series ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!! The Chargers remind Me of the Patriots during their first Super Bowl winning season. Dont count them out!

GO SUPER CHARGERS image
  • no...because they suck
    Real recognize REAL
  • They are a quality football team.

It must be exciting seeing them compete so nicely
    when they came out of nowhere this year.

Even Eli Manning didn't wan't to play there.
    Now he could be going to the playoffs.

The problem is there are too many quality teams
    along with them. It's going to be VERY DIFFICULT
    for any team to get out of there alive.

I also agree that playing in Pittsburgh and New England
    can be murder in January. Although don't tell Oakland that
    when they got robbed in New England a few years ago.

Anyway, they've got a very small shot at going all the way IMO.
    Too many good teams to get past.

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Their defense against a top notch passing game is suspect.
    A lot of questions will be answered in Sunday's game against the Colts.

Other than that, after seeing all the Charger games this year,
    New England looks like the only team in the NFL that are their equal.

Still, as mentioned, having to win two playoff games on the road will be very tough.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • For the Chargers to have a legitimate shot at the AFC crown they need to beat the Colts this weekend – I think they will. In the first round, they’d play someone that they’ve already beaten (Jax or Denver), but they would still need to get lucky and win 1 road game, most likely at New England, and if Pitt fell at home, they’d have home-field advantage for the AFC champ game.

Brian
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    by my count San Diego will have played 4 playoff teams the whole year...the play Indy the last week of the
    season. They beat Jacksonville but lost to both Atlanta and the Jets. Thats not too impressive. Before the
    Brownies showed up wearing dresses, the Chargers have squeaked by against sub .500 teams. To say
    these guys are unchallenged is an understatment! They haven't played a team with a winning record
    since mid October. Denver, Oakland and KC aren't what they used to be. When their fraud of a coach
    finally wins a playoff game then they can talk.

JS
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I would imagine that all of the Wild Card teams would much rather go to San Diego than Indy. Having to potentially win at New England and at Pittsburgh will be awfully difficult for anybody. I see the Chargers as the 6th best option in the AFC when the play-offs open.