Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1 $ 1861

Hi, could someone help me with the grading please ?
Any ideas about the value ? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My picture is a little blurry...looks AU-58, maybe higher. Looks original. I like the dirt on the reverse. Worth at least $200.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The picture is blurry. My guess would be EF-45 to AU-50. I think that there might be a lot of rub in the fields, which has removed most all of the mint luster except between the letters.

The 1861 gold dollar is rated as a "common date," but I have not seen that many really nice Mint State examples through the years. Most are AU or Choice AU. The latter pieces are often in MS-61 through 63 holders.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would go low end AU (50 or 53)

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file