Options
Post Your Toned Proofs 1936-1942 1c - 50c
magikbilly
Posts: 6,780 ✭
Hi All,
sitting here unable to sleep with this arm problem. Figured I'd start a thread of coins I like to look at. If you got 'em please post 'em - any toned Proofs 1936-1942. These are both 1941 issues. I'd love to see your toned Proof coins from this period
Best,
Billy

Comments: Sharply struck Brilliant Gem Proof 65 with deep mirrors, very minor scattered light hairlines and beautiful fully original multi-colored deeply tissue/cellophane toned surfaces.
Mintage 18,720 Pop 536/521
Designer: Felix Schlag. Purchased from David Lawrence Rare Coins 2004

Comments: Sharply struck Brilliant Gem Proof 65 with watery surfaces, very minor scattered light hairlines and a fully original speckled multi-colored tissue/cellophane toned obverse of vibrant lime green and purple with a slightly mottled milky reverse displaying even light rim toning.
Mintage 16,557 Pop 1270/1207
Designer: Adolph Alexander Weinman. Purchased from David Lawrence Rare Coins 2004
sitting here unable to sleep with this arm problem. Figured I'd start a thread of coins I like to look at. If you got 'em please post 'em - any toned Proofs 1936-1942. These are both 1941 issues. I'd love to see your toned Proof coins from this period
Best,
Billy

Comments: Sharply struck Brilliant Gem Proof 65 with deep mirrors, very minor scattered light hairlines and beautiful fully original multi-colored deeply tissue/cellophane toned surfaces.
Mintage 18,720 Pop 536/521
Designer: Felix Schlag. Purchased from David Lawrence Rare Coins 2004

Comments: Sharply struck Brilliant Gem Proof 65 with watery surfaces, very minor scattered light hairlines and a fully original speckled multi-colored tissue/cellophane toned obverse of vibrant lime green and purple with a slightly mottled milky reverse displaying even light rim toning.
Mintage 16,557 Pop 1270/1207
Designer: Adolph Alexander Weinman. Purchased from David Lawrence Rare Coins 2004
0
Comments
1936 Quarter NGC PR66 - I like this one because they are quite difficult to locate with any attractive color.
Ken
Sorry for the poor rainbow shot.
Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry
The other is a bit more unusual -a red satin 1936 proof cent.
FrederickCoinClub
That is a FANTASTIC 1938 proof Jefferson! Marvelous, beautiful, outstanding! The best ever seen!!!!!
Russ, NCNE
Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry
My Complete PROOF Lincoln Cent with Major Varieties(1909-2015)Set Registry
<< <i>That is a FANTASTIC 1938 proof Jefferson! Marvelous, beautiful, outstanding! The best ever seen!!!!! >>
Thanks! I stole it off of sleaze-bay. You'd be surprised what shows up there sometimes.
Ken
I'ma lookin at the pictures agin and agin..........and agin.
Daaaaaayummmmmmmmmmmmm............................ and tarnation................................
Where kin I get me suma them theyre dang purdy coins.
The Ludlow Brilliant Collection (1938-64)
<< <i>and, Ken's Jeff is a looker! >>
That it is! It's superlative, magnificent, of a beauty beyond words!!!!
Russ, NCNE
Capped Bust Half Series
Capped Bust Half Dime Series
gave me some beauitiful coins to look at! really nice toning - particularly the 36 25c, Carls 10c, and RGL's 38 5c with the white centers. i cant get at my coins and other collections or albums right now (paperwork, mri next for me, and my mates appendectomy incision has opened after 4 weeks
best,
billy
heres another of my 5c: 1939 PCGS PR66 (lowest mintage of them all)
Comments:
Sharply struck Brilliant Gem Proof 66 with deep mirrors and beautiful fully original gold/pastel tissue toned surfaces. Mintage 12,535 Pop 439/116
Designer: Felix Schlag. Purchased from David Lawrence Rare Coins.