Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver at $8.01 today!

Lets have a contest, when do you think it will hit $10?

My guess April 1, 2005.
Member ANA

Comments

• Options
    April 1, 2029.

(I don't think it will reach $10 in the next year)

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    I agree with Cameron
  • Options
    April 18, 2006

imageimage
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet silver closes above $10 before the end of 2005.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    If we keep running deficits like this it may be much sooner than we think.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Jan 30th 2005.
  • Options
    Im with Baley! image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    as long as the iraq crisis is happening the price of gold as well as silver will increase, look for it to go higher just before the elections, then it will taper off. if it hits $10 an ounce i'm dumping all my common silver. i just dumped all my 40% last month, i knew sooner or later i could sell them for $1 each !
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    By the end of the first quarter.
  • Options
    LOL to coin freak ! only on ebay can a brillo pad make a F into an XF there is one seller that has some nice coins, but consistently overgrades them by at least 1 1/2 grades, and doesn't see all the problems on HIS "no problem" coins. i used to wonder why coins sold for so much more than they are worth on ebay, then i asked myself why i was bidding way over trends for a nice early seated quarter, my reasoning is this: if i buy a coin sight unseen from a coin world ad for $50, add $5 S&H, wait a month for it, receive the coin and it is not acceptable, send it back (add another $5 for postage) then they take a 10% restocking fee, maybe send a refund, maybe not, by then i have spent $20 and received nothing, or i can spend $60 for a $30 coin that i can see before i buy and see that other people have paid $100 for a similar coin, and convince myself that i actually saved $40 ! but in all honesty, i think every one on ebay has thier own grading standards. if you want to buy smart, teach yourself how to grade. take my interest, seated dimes, the grading standards for an 1866 s are completely different than say an 1877 CC if you don't feel comfortable grading for yourself, ask someone to help you. but i agree with most people on ebay, with thier "throw out photograde" attitude, learn to grade by wear on the coin, and StRiKe characteristics not by a PICTURE. when you are comfortable grading coins, then and only then can you grade pictures i wonder when the coin value books are going to begin using ebay sales as a partial means of computing coin values ??
  • Options
    IwogIwog Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭
    While the dollar is in freefall, silver will keep going up. Since both George Bush and Alan Greenspan are doing whatever they can to drive the dollar down, calling $10 an ounce silver is a no brainer.
    "...reality has a well-known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to get on in this one so I could agree with Iwog for a change.
    Baley too. Sometime in 2005 is a pretty much a given. Same with gold at $500-550. The momentum is only building from here. It's going to take a lot interest rate hikes to slow it.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    January 15th 2005.

by the way, what has happened to prices for junk silver? A local coin shop today priced circ peace and 1921 morgans at $8.50 each, and pre-1921 morgans at $10.50 each.

What are junk prices in your town?

cheers, alan mendelson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file