Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PAOUTDOORSMAN resurfaces?

Found this auction. I am pretty sure it is the same box offered a few months ago by the now infamous PAOUTDOORSMAN.

Anyone else run across items that appear to be the same?72 FB Box

RobBob
Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

Comments

• Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Oh and look at his other items vitntagewax80 items for sale
    Do any of these look like the items we saw before?

RobBob

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    could be him

look at who bought this sheet from him future gems?
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - it's definitely him. Unfortunately he's not in prison yet.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it is a scam or not but it is still a lot of sweet pics.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    jodi-mo

well, well, well. seller got this sheet to jodi-mo
    Good for you.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    His current auctions say "East Coast" for the location, but the ones he received feedback on all say "Lemoyne, Pennsylvania". Hmmmmm . . .
  • Options
    What was the original seller's name? paoutdoorsman is this guy: Member Profile: paoutdoorsman (1031)
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I don't think we ever found out the end result the first time around, only that the auctions were ended and everyone assumed some sort of scam.

The items in these pictures, regardless of whether the auctions are scams or not, obviously exist... which is very scary. Some of this stuff being offered has the ability to destroy the current market values of certain cards and sets. All those wax packs could very easily produce a slew of gem mint material that may waterdown the value of the few rare mint examples that are known to exist today. And if someone winds up slicing up all those sheets and slipping some of the cards past PSA into holders, and I know Beckett already grades the stuff, it could be a disaster.
  • Options
    That previous guy we are referring to was paoutdoorsman2004

Link to his ebay feedback page:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=paoutdoorsman2004
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    One big difference - vintage whacks is offering Paypal....doesn't seem legit though....
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    All those wax packs could very easily produce a slew of gem mint material that may waterdown the value of the few rare mint examples that are known to exist today.

what is wrong with that?

as for the sheets look at who bought one.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Say it ain't so, jodimo!
  • Options
    i'm biddng on the piazza sal;em rc's & all the soriano arz fall lg cards. i'll let u know what happens.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Isn't this the same guy that didn't accept Paypal before?
    It's on there now. Maybe it's the niece that's selling the stuff now.
    Still....great stuff.
  • Options
    i just emailed & asked him to give me info on the soriano's arz fall lg cards. there was only 4,000 sets made & its kind of odd that he has 600 singles. i asked him if he had the rest of the set because its almost impossible to have all those singles. i'll let you know his response.
  • Options
    he now has 900 up for auction, all using the same pic. He has listed more lots of 100 Score Sanders, Aikmans, 3rd year Jordans etc...

*puts his rubber boots on because it is gettin' deep*
  • Options
    people who know me on these boards or ebay know i have probably have the biggest graded collection of minor lg cards in the world. there is no way he has 900 soriano's like 22%. they were so popular back in 1998, theres no way. he also has 60 vladdys (again no set). i contacted my partner & we think their all counterfit.

its possible to get 2-300 classic & best cards but no-one who knows what there doing unless graded sell singles from team sets in these quanities.

i knew it was to good to be true!
  • Options
    he just put up another 300 soriano's up. i know his soriano's have to be def. counterfits now.
  • Options
    wonder if all those cards are counterfeits or what? maybe just scams? Photo shoped maybe?
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    I can understand that he has 100 card investment lots that he picked up over the years. The problem I have is that he only has the top names. He is not selling a 100 card Jim Abbott lot or Benito Santiago lot. He also only has the top brands. Not Pro Set, just Score Sanders rookies.

Don
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    u cant buy lots of authentic minor lg. cards
  • Options
    if you check his old feedback, he sold some decent stuff but not the quanity in his current auctions. makes you wonder if this stuff does exist? if he does have this much to sell ,i would think he is a fairly major dealer and would have been selling alot longer on ebay.i think he would be known in the hobby???
  • Options
    I looked at most of his scans of his unopened stuff. They all have the same white table and cardbord backdrop in the backround, which is a good sign. You can also see other boxes in the backround in some of the pictures. So it looks like the stuff is at the same place.
    <embed type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=198 height=444 src=http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/45cc95d4350510ee/47961cb3a4dad60f/45cc95d4350510ee/190f8023/ wmode=transparent allowscriptaccess=always allownetworking=all id=45cc95d4350510ee> </embed>
  • Options
    but all of PAOUTDOORSMAN's paxs were thought to be resealed- as was the opinion of the wax experts here.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem I had with this seller is that he got so defensive when we asked him about the origin of the items. If he is not a scam artist, there is no reason to be defensive. Forget about the pictures. Just the way he answers his emails smells bad enough. Besides. look at the negs he got from at least two recent customers.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Looks like afew other buyers have recieved their large lots but I havn't seen a feedback for anything noteable. I still think he has something to hide, but if it is true now would be a good chance to get some stuff cheap.
  • Options
    i emailed him & asked him about the minor lg cards & he said he's away @ his cabin for the next 2 weeks for deer season.
  • Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Even more stuff listed this weekend. Get ready for the market to be flooded with PSA 8/9/10s in 60 days.

RobBob

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Just a random thought when going through those auctions: could this be Ken Goldin or someone of the guys from Scoreboard getting rid of stuff? The amount of Classic cards that this person is selling seems a bit much to me, since even back in the early 90's it wasn't that easy to move classic cards.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    kimo75kimo75 Posts: 263 ✭✭
    Thing main thing that would keep me away is the number of major stars on top of the cellos. If you look at the 1968 and 1969 Topps baseball, he appears to have at least one of every major star for the series showing on top. Just seems too good to be true. Any opinions out there?
  • Options
    if its to good to be true, it is!
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    "Get ready for the market to be flooded with PSA 8/9/10s in 60 days" Or a bunch or fake, trimmed or no cards at all.
  • Options
    I actually did just speak to the seller on the phone, didn't want to tip him off we may be on to him. Making sure he provides insurance and shipping charges etc. Anything I should call and ask him about again?
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Make sure you let him know that I'm VERY interested in his 100 card lots of 1968 Venezuelan Ryans, as well as the lots of 1973 Pin Ups and Comics. Also be sure to mention the interest I expressed at his 100 card lot of Pujols rookies numbered to 50.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I also emailed him and said I lived on the East Coast and would like to meet him to see the items before I bid. Below is his reply.

Hello, unfortunately as you probably know it is hunting season this week so I am at my hunting cabin and my guys who work for me take their vacation during this time so I'll be unable to meet you, sorry. Just to give you some background, I bought this box in Toronto Canada in the mid 80's, most of the 72 high numbers were released in northern US and Canada. Hopefully this helps, thanks for your interest.

-----

I replied back that he can contact me on the items that don't sell.

Let's see what happens
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Just had a thought. We all think this guy is the infamous PAOUTDOORSMAN. Any thought to the responses we got asking to talk with him and that he is hunting? Coincidence? And how many people bring their laptop or computer to the cabin while hunting??
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Could be his blackberry. All hunters carry them. Right?
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    payments via paypal get switched to echecks.
    uh oh
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    pc , so are you saying youtried to pay by paypal and it wouldn't go through. I don't think he can limit the type of transaction if he is accepting paypal. if you pay over a certain amount (5k ? ) paypal will automatically switch it to echeck. please let us know , I have been waiting until some of the buyers get out of the way to take a few flyers on some of the wax but if he is not taking regualr paypal , I won't waste my time. thanks
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Well, this person is now NARU.
    This was just a couple minutes prior to me writing this.
    I was checking out all the 100 ct Martin Brodeur rookie lots he had (27 of them 2,700.....wow)
    and was thinking of bidding on a couple. So what is going on here?
    He had 17 feedback and all were positive. Some were for items up to $900.
    Everyone seemed pleased with what they bought/got.
  • Options
    @#$!@$?image
  • Options
    I feel very bad for anyone who gets scammed by this guy but come on - not to be harsh but how much more warning in a thread do you need to know not to do business with this guy? There are some very sophisticated international arch criminals out there now who are using computers and photoshop technology to rob people. If you really know computer graphics - how hard could it be to generate a real looking lot of say an unopened 1960 Topps waxpack, etc. - probably hardly any time at all. But criminals, like all people, have tendencies and therefore repeat various behaviors. It was pointed out that this was the same guy as paoutdoorsman2004 and look what happened to him. And you know what? - sooner or later he'll be back on ebay and do it again so next time you are warned about him - DON'T BID!!!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i think the guy was legit
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I think he's legit too, some feedback from real ebayer. However, set up an account sell to lmayer, skerbe, golfmgtpro, then scam 200 other people. I did talk to a real voice???
  • Options
    <<< i think the guy was legit >>>

pandrews - you are one of the best posters on this forum and I always respect your opinion but you said "i think" - In my view "i think" isn't good enough when bidding on expensive lots like this guy had. If it's not "i know" for me then I ain't bidding. But hey - it's your money - do whatever you wish.

• Options
    <<< I think he's legit too, some feedback from real ebayer. However, set up an account sell to lmayer, skerbe, golfmgtpro, then scam 200 other people. I did talk to a real voice??? >>>

Well I spoke my piece. I sincerely hope that I'm incorrect - I hate seeing good fellow card collectors get scammed.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In my view "i think" isn't good enough when bidding on expensive lots like this guy had. If it's not "i know" for me then I ain't bidding. But hey - it's your money - do whatever you wish. >>

i agree.. i didnt bid on anything expensive.. i didnt win anything, but i placed a couple very low snipes on his 1982 Fleer vending boxes.. i could get them from Mark Murphy for just a few bucks more, but part of me just wanted to find out if i would get them or not.. heh.. go figure..

like Republican, i was watching the guys feedback before i decided to bid on anything expensive.. i wasn't 100% comfortable, but my gut feeling is that these are legit photos, and these items exist, and he has a few feedbacks for some decent items..

·p_A·
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743

<< <i>pc , so are you saying youtried to pay by paypal and it wouldn't go through. I don't think he can limit the type of transaction if he is accepting paypal. if you pay over a certain amount (5k ? ) paypal will automatically switch it to echeck. please let us know , I have been waiting until some of the buyers get out of the way to take a few flyers on some of the wax but if he is not taking regualr paypal , I won't waste my time. thanks >>

paypal doesnt trust her/him so they switch all credit card payments
    to echecks for paypal's protection/ no chargebacks.
    its a rotten thing to do ,hang the consumer out to dry but it's
    their business and it is in the paypal user agreement.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    There is no way he had all of those Soriano minor league cards. If anyone bid on those, they would either never recieve anything or recieve a big lot of counterfeit cards. Which for the price he started at, I couldn't see him making much money from counterfeiting them. I still say the guy is a scammer, he has receieved mayb 5-6 positives, but the other buyers have not had time to realize what happened.