Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Ebay scam alert: buyer 'roseagent2'

This guy does a BIN on my auction and leaves me this email:

Hello I am an agent that have chains of clients and one of my client has made a quote on the type of ur item that was why i close the auction on ebay,my client can only raise a cashiers check as a method of payment, and the cashiers check will includ the shipper's charges and my commission as an agent. You are to cash the check at any cashing point in ur area then deduct the sales of ur item the left over is for the shippers charges and my commission as an agent,you will need to wire the excess fund to the shipper directly so that they can come for the pickup of the item from ur place,this is the way we have been dealing with all the sellers and they have been very faithfull. Will you be able to wire the excess funds immediately you recieve the check?because a cashiers check is honour and cashable same day it is received. So if you agree to this terms of payment then forward ur contact address whe
re you want my client send the check and i can be reach on this phone number +2348034472

Anybody else seen anything like this recently?

Dan
The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.

Comments

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would email him back and tell him that payment is by your terms, not his. He should have contacted you prior to ending your auction. I don't think selling should be this difficult, and nobody, not even someone's agent, should make it so...JMO
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mail him back and tell him you want the check to go to the local police station and that you will handle the transaction from there ... invite him to visit and pick up the proceeds as well image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Dan,

This individual is from Singapore, has a rating of zero, started on Ebay on 29 Nov 2004, and yours is the 4th item they purchased... it is a sham... report them to Ebay. Get your fees back.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options

I got the same letter nearly word for word about a week ago. It was a $1500 coin. It smelled fishy. They didn't return my e-mail either.

They didn't close my auction like they did with yours though. Maybe by using the "buy it now" they think you will be more inclined to deal them? SMELLS!!!! Report them and don't give them any of your information.

Larry
    Dabigkahuna

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a scam. Notify ebay immediately so they will NARU the jerk, so that you can get your listing and final value fees back and don't even think of anything with this person. I'm guessing, but I think that if you were to wire money from your bank to this person then they may be able to obtain financial information on you and might proceed with identity theft or simply to clear out your accounts.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    eBay was quick on that one. Bidder already NARU'ed. image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Geez, this thread sits idle for hours and Rampage sneaks in ahead of me! image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I'm sure it's a scam .. BUT .. I think I would have said "Sure send the check" Then after receiving the "cashiers" check I would talk to my bank and find out how long it would take for the bank to be satisfied (1 week, 2 weeks) they have the funds. After the bank is satisfied the money is in my account for good then I'd withdraw the "commision" then have the bank wire it to wherever. Not from my account but from the bank to his account. What's he going to do give a negative because you didn't stick by "his" agreement and get potentialy scammed ??
  • Options

<< <i>What's he going to do give a negative because you didn't stick by "his" agreement and get potentialy scammed ?? >>

He is NARUD and cannot leave feedback. It is over.

Cameron Kiefer