Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How would you sell an entire Washington Quarter Registry set?

If anyone is interested or has an opinion, perhaps from experience with Heritage or Teletrade, I'm needing to speak with you.
Thanks,
B00M

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figure a fair price over what you have in it and offer it here and the other free venues first. Generally you will do better piecing it out, largely because the interested folks who would like to have it don't have the $$$ it would take to acquire it and the ones looking for the keys and better dates don't want to mess with disposing of the commons.
  • Options
    What level of Set?
    Top 10?
    Depends of the agregated value one option can be better than other.

Edson
  • Options
    Offer it to a dealer.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options

<< <i>Offer it to a dealer. >>

Shirley you jest?
  • Options
    Nope. Start offering it to dealers and see what you can get for it.image It is simple actually.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Thats fine if yer fishin for a price range, but I guarandamtee you won't get top dollar that way.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Put only the few rarest and nicest for the grade coins in an auction (and don't forget going through a dealer might get you better auction fees). The rest I would say you could consider consigning to a dealer who specializes in Washington Quarters, or selling yourself on BST and ebay. What you must avoid... you put coin in auction, dealer buys it, dealer sells it on ebay... that's 3 others making money off of it, try to make it 1 or even 0.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would talk to Mitch,Wondercoin,he sold my top 5 Merc set thru Heritage,and I was very happy.
    Al
  • Options
    I know. Boom knows what to do. I think he just wants to let us know he is thinking about selling and seeing if he can get any bites.

He knows how to sell a collection like that.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Use it for a forum giveaway contest image
  • Options
    Hey Cammie what happened to the twinsimage
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    So there is no misunderstanding we are NOT talking about B00M's Quarters, currently 13th (circ strikes 32-64...soon to be 11th)or B00M's Quarters #2 ranked 4th or 5th,( depending on what day it is) in the varieties category. This set is not listed anywhere associated with me but would rank as is just outside the top 20 in the 32-64 circ strikes category.

Thanks Cam, for the compliment, I guessimage but this is a unique opportunity for just the right person. If I were selling MY set you are correct I know EXACTLY what I would do. I'd have the entire set re-graded no matter the cost to insure I had it graded as accurately as possible, I'd get it inside of the top 5 and have it pedigreed and properly promoted.

All I can do here other than list it along with grades is take quality pictures and assure everyone that it is indeed a beautiful set to the eye, loaded with PQ White coins except for 4 coins. 55-D, 57 or 58 (don't recall right off) and the toned one from the 60s that was sent in because it has the "properties" of a 67. SEE LISTING(Mint set toning-rainbow colors)image
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    I may be interested but, would talk to wondercoin first...oh,
    somebody already said that...
  • Options
    The twins are taking a break right now. Too many people complained and called then skanks so I took them downimage

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Some of us could use some skank(s). I for one miss them...and say bring 'em back!!!!

As for the quarters.....I could use a nice white 32-S PCGS MS64 if there was one available??
    Marc