Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Got to hold an amazing coin today

Other than buying and selling a few things here and there at the Pasadena Show today I got to see and hold a truly rare and georgeous coin.

A 1907, wire edge, high relief, $20 St. Gaudens. It was in a PCGS slab graded at MS66!!

Whew!! What an absolutely beautiful coin. The reverse has to be the most stunning numismatic treasure I have ever seen in person. image

It was in the same display case as a kilo bar of .999 gold as well, not something you see everyday either.

Oh yeah, in case you are wondering, it was indeed for sale. Only $75,000.00 and I could have taken it home. I checked my wallet but I was just a little light.
"Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff

Comments

• Options
    That dealer always has a LOT of incredible stuff. I think I drooled on his display cases. image

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Deadhorse, how much was the Kilo bar?-----------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Very cool.image

I know how thrilling holding such a rare coin can be. Thanks to some board member friends I have been thrilled on many occasions.image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Very cool. I want to photograph a high-relief.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options

<< <i>Deadhorse, how much was the Kilo bar?-----------------------BigE >>

The Kilo bar of gold was a mere $14,300.00.

Dealer told me he moves about 12-15 of them per year.

Sorry for the late reply.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Wish I could 've been there. Working all three days.image
    Used to have a XF40 High Relief. It 's a magnificient coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file