Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Maybe ANACS should seal their holders before shipping

Received this in the mail today with a submission. The edges along both sides of the slab are completely smooth, so it looks like no attemp was even made to seal it.

Comments

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whooops....I guess any production facility can miss a step. I'm sure ANACS will remedy the problem...hopefully it won't cost you shipping again.
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opportunity knocks? image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrEureka! Shame on you!

(I thought of that too...) image
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    That's a bummer. I believe they fix that kind of thing free of charge as long as it's provable that you didn't take it apart yourself, which it looks like you didn't.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options

<< <i>Whooops....I guess any production facility can miss a step. I'm sure ANACS will remedy the problem...hopefully it won't cost you shipping again. >>

Actually, what I was thinking is if it happened to me, how often does it happen. Someone could really take advantage of the situation. I wouldn't, but it could happen. We have all seen coins in slabs and wondered how they ever could get that grade.
  • Options
    I have seen this a few time on NGC slabs as well. Never on a PCGS one???

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Opportunity knocks? >>

Oh my.....

or.........

change the label to a 2centsin numismatically gratifying coin, or whatever else that skank is hawking and have a fun time with it on flea bay with a million dollar bin
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

• Options

<< <i>Never on a PCGS one??? >>

I've seen two PCGS like it.
  • Options
    Really.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file