Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What grade for this 1983 roosie?

imageimage
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Comments

  • Options
    MS-63.

    Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    AU-55
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Cameron- pocket change. mike
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's unc then it should be a nice solid MS-63.

    This date is a keeper even in MS-60 and wholesales at $3.50 in BU.

    AU's are still available in circulation but are getting decidedly tough to find.
    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146 ✭
    hard to grade from those pics
    au55 sounds right from what i see, which aint sayin` much
  • Options
    I'm glad to see that it's graded that high. I had found it in my change. I kept it because it was so clean and without and scratches. So is it worth bagging?
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
  • Options


    << <i>So is it worth bagging? >>



    I think you mean slabbing - bagging would refer more to body bagging which is a reference to a TPG rejecting your coin. Any way - to answer your question - would you spend $25-30 to slab a coin worth 10c? I hope not image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even scarce moderns often don't command enough of a premium to warrant having
    graded. As an AU there are still a few million in so high a grade and most people who
    want one will look for it in circulation. If it's unc then there'd still be many thousands
    (~40,000) in nicer condition which causes it to have a price of $3.50.

    Few people would consider the coin worthy of the slabbing fees.
    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.
  • Options
    Pics not 2 good but I agree w/ ms-63. that is a small scratch on the head, isn't it?
    thx
    Just Learning!
    Thank You
    SilverDollar

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file