Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I.C.G. Thank You..

Bought 5 coins the other day, state quarters slabbed by I.C.G. The slabs were in very bad condition, the coins were PF70's and had plastic bits and pieces from dammaged slabs laying on the coins. Sent the slabs to I.C.G. to be reslabbed, Just recieved the coins back,absolutly beautiful. overnight express mail and no charge. And also a nice letter from a James Taylor, This is the first time in a while I've felt good dealing with a grading service, just thought I'd let you all know..

Comments

  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes those supposedly "bottom of the barrel" grading services can surprise you. I have always liked ICGs customer service and connection to the collectors. They are always the nicest and easiest to talk to at shows.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

    My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
    image
  • Options
    ICG has great people and I always love dealing with them even if it's just BS'ing with them at shows.
  • Options
    I wouldn't call them bottom of the bareell.

    Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    P.C.G.S. or nothing HUH. Keep Up the Hype..
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    You'll notice that I said "so-called"....I have never considered them bottom of the barrel - in fact, one of the better companies in my opinion. I am definitely not a supporter of PCGS or NGC for all purposes.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

    My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
    image
  • Options
    I noticed the word "supposedly". I was just adding my opinion also.

    Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted some info on pop reports for some war nickels I had purchased in ICG holders. Emailed ICG . . .got James Taylor and an answer direct to me in 24 hours. Superb customer service . . .

    DRUNNER
  • Options
    I agree that ICG is one of the top 4 anyway. The prices on ebay seem quite weak for ICG slabs though.
  • Options
    I've always been shy of the ICG slabs but bought a dime through an auction welll below what NGC or PCGS would have commanded. Excellent results for my novice eyes and I'm happy with the result.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    James Taylor?!? "Well, I've seen fire, and I've seen rain... I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end... I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, But I always thought that I'd see you again"

    glad your experience was positive

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭
    Well! You buy the coin, right? I'm in the process of crossing an 1883 Shield 5c from an ICG 65 slab to an NGC PF66 slab, and now it's on it's way to PCGS, or, maybe I'll just sell it as is.....after all, you know enough to buy the coin, right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file