Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A couple of new Standing Lib's

Just wanted to share the new arrivals ... a 17d ty2 and a 20d


imageimage

imageimage


anyone else get anything good lately? please share image


“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Comments

  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    nice
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I am no expert on these, AU's? I posted some Washingtons I receved recently in an earlier thread tonight.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

    Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, I especially like the 1920...
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice. I love SLQ's.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bikingnut,

    Yes both are ANACS AU58's ... the 17d is technically high end (IMHO), excellent luster and a very pretty steel/gold color. The strike is also very nice, and the dies very clean for this sometimes troublesome issue.

    The 20d is a very tough date, one of the toughest in original Choice AU (IMHO). Although this coin isn't as technically strong, the luster and color are wonderful (hard to capture). The strike is also worthwhile, and I've been looking for the right one for some time now. I paid good money, although I'd have went a higher for her. This is a date I just never see.

    Anyway, thanks for the comments all ... and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!


    “We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

    Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685 ✭
    Beautiful pieces. image
    Wayne
    ******
  • Options
    Very nice coins. Excellent eye-appeal.
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭
    Beautiful coins, Todd. Congrats.image I think the 17D could go for Unc.
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I just picked up a 1927 in 64FH (OGH) for my type set. I need to get on the stick about learning how to image coins, but I really like it and the price was right.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    no wear on the 17-d, atleast in the picture. great legs, if you know what I mean, and no wear lines on the leg on the left! contrarily the 20-d looks more like a 53/55 but still quite gorgeous!
    USPI minimalist design collage
    image
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    that 17d is REALLY nice - congrats! that's a tough, very underrated coin in au-58.

    as sliders, those are both exceptional coins.

    K S
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the comments ... you're right Karl ... that one and a few others that no one has paid great attention to yet ...

    sssshhhhhhhh! image

    can't put them here ... My Girls ... but all those (except 1) I bought raw anyway

    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

    “We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

    Todd - BHNC #242

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file