Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Scum bags in the coin business/hobby.

Where do all these people come from??? I get so put out with it that I am about ready to sell my collection and start a new hobby---fishing?? golfing??? or god forbid stamp collecting(no way),or any suggestions???(proably shouldn't ask). Overgraded,over- hyped,slabbing companies that aren't worth 2 cents that do not offer a guarantee on their grading,Monster toned,should grade higher,upgrade potential claims. People that want to buy everthing you have under bid.but no way in heck will they sell you anything under bid, and want to be called your friend?? Scams on ebay---and yeah I know it's not just coins. This hobby was my area of life to have a little fun,trade,buy, sell and upgrade my collection but as you can see from my ranting that it's not that way anymore. Sorry to bother everyone,just wonder if some others get the same feeling sometimes?
Larry

Comments

• Options
    I think either if you quit ebay altogether or stick to dealers(ebayers) that you trust and go to coin shops and coin shows you will feel better.image
  • Options
    sometimes you win sometimes you lose.... Dukie's got the blues image

Seriously - because grading will always be SUBJECTIVE, you are always subject to those things in your post. You and everyone here wishes it will someday be different - but I'm afraid it's just a part of the hobby/business.
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    Well, if you don't want to collect coins anymore, there's always barfbags. I don't think there are very many scams involving them yet....
  • Options
    Wow!! He has 778 barf bags in his collection!! I'll bet the Pan-Am ones are scarce! image
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I have a few other hobby's on the side to take my mind off coins for a little while- small switchblade knives and pinball machinesimage- both are really cool. mike
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I think Yousri has a good point- sometimes we need to just find some sellers/dealers that we know and trust, and stick to buying formats that give us more security and less risk...... but I certainly see your point. To this point I've chosen to look at all of the scams/scumbags as an interesting challenge that I have to deal with that makes the hobby and the world more "interesting".......
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    For me, my break from the coin game is building micro remote control airplanes. Just need good eyes, steady hands and a creative minds eye.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file