Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone know what's up with www-blocksportscards-com (Larry Block)?

Comments

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    good question.

you sent an item w/o receiving payment first?

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    I was fooled by his SMR ad. I figured that if he has an ad in the SMR, he must be legit and honest. Plus my email communication before he went AWOL was prompt and curtious. He said that once receiving the item, he'd pay me... and obviously he was lying. I plan on contacting PSA as well to get their support if he eludes me and to get them to remove his affiliation as a PSA Dealer.

I made the mistake of sending the item before payment, but its not like thats a completely bizarre practice. Sure with eBay it'd be strange, but I've done it before fine off of messages boards.

I've only given Larry/Lawrence a few more days before I contact the Upland, CA Police... so if you happen to know him or see him, let him know. I'm not worried about losing my card or the money, I know I have enough to take Larry to court. Its just in his hands to open his eyes and realize he's days away from losing more than that $2000.

Regards,
    Kyle Bicking
    kylebicking@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Good luck w/ all that, I think you're still in "Small Claims" court arena (sp) w/ $2000 card however.

Larry Block must be into other things (ie, gambling; debt; high priced hoes). Is he related nedsk, who was selling all the vintage coints and boxes and packs of vintage wax on e-bay this year?

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Can you say crack?????
    I love candy cards
  • Options
    You say "crack" assuming I'm an idiot, but I'm not. He has a legitamite ad in the SMR, his emails were prompt and curtious and he made me feel comfortable enough to send the card to him for his inspection before receiving the payment.

Did I make a mistake, yes... can you say crack, no.
  • Options
    I think you misunderstood fletch, he meant Larry is smoking crack
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You say "crack" assuming I'm an idiot, but I'm not. He has a legitamite ad in the SMR, his emails were prompt and curtious and he made me feel comfortable enough to send the card to him for his inspection before receiving the payment.

Did I make a mistake, yes... can you say crack, no. >>

I think he was refering to Larry.

Stingray
  • Options
    Okay, I gotcha. Just a little wound up on this. Anyone win any of his recent auctions?
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully PSA gets involved and suspends his status even after he pays you or returns the card. It never seems to end with this guy.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>Okay, I gotcha. Just a little wound up on this. Anyone win any of his recent auctions? >>

Yes. Sent paypal 12 days ago. Still nothing. No reply to emails. What's the point in charging for priority mail when you don't send it out the door for a week or more?? No recent neg feedback, though, so I'll give a little more time.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Good for you.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I have heard other things as well - image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have e-mailed and called Blocksportscards numerous times with no response, I checked out his websights and WANT to buy some cards but the guy will not cooperate and get back to me.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have e-mailed and called Blocksportscards numerous times with no response, I checked out his websights and WANT to buy some cards but the guy will not cooperate and get back to me. >>

Why? imageimage

Haven't you read this thread? image
    Wondo

• Options
    I hope Carol the PSA Administrator reads this thread again. I say "again" because she was kind enough to get involved November 5, 2004, if you look back into this thread.

Let me add my name to the growing list of those who have been just recently had a transaction gone bad. I won an Ebay auction last month, paid immediately and have yet to receive my card in the mail. He hasn't answered my follow-up.

I think PSA should take a concerted interest in this considering that they allow him to advertise in the SMR Magazine.
  • Options
    I made the suggestion that Psa not let this crook advertise in their SMR over a year ago and I believe the year before that.Carol did step in a one point but then his ads show up again in the SMR. Come on now PSA...Im sure you could replace Blocks $$$ for that ad page with a dealer that is half way honest.We have grown tired of it long ago. Doctor Block needs to go away. To you new collectors that arent familiar with him,buy your cards elsewhere with dealers that have earned their rep with great customer service.
    Im in a bad mood this week. Just got off the phone with a friend who is having a major problem with a guy who sells big time unopened material. He knows who he is and better get it straightened out quickly.
    This is a great ,great hobby we have and along with these boards we have the chance to educate,inform,
    and share a wealth of knowledge with one another. Hit these guys where it hurts ...in the pocket book.
    Honesty and integrity...get it right or get out!!!!
  • Options
    Its even more frustrating for me because the only reason I came across him was his ad in the SMR.
  • Options
    doh!

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondo, I just happened to read this thread and I also saw his advertisment in the current SMR........image....maybe your too simple minded to think of that.........image
  • Options
    Its even more frustrating for me because the only reason I came across him was his ad in the SMR.

Not trying to be adverserial . Kyle how did you even know this thread existed?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    I also will "again" add my name to the "negative experience" list. Odd note ... he has a better business bureau link on his website?

I do not see blockhead listed as an authorized PSA dealer ... All Authorized Dealers?

• Options
    This guy (Kyle) is not telling the whole story here all.

Yes, I have had problems with being slow, but I have never, and never will steal or anything else dishonest as he is trying to get you to believe.

Here are some facts that he conveniently left out.

1.) I only got the card Monday the 19th

2.) He didn't notify me he was overnighting until the day it was to arrive, and I told him I was out of town that I would get it Monday (the 19th)

3.) I let him know from the start that the card should not have been graded. It is a hand cut card. The card does not have the dotted lines as it is required to in order to receive a grade from PSA. Read this in the SMR under "hand cut cards" Here is an item number from when he listed it on eBay for $4999.00 : 8733494411. Now why would he sell to me for 2k when he wanted 5k for it. I feel because he realized the card isn't worth it, and should not be in the 8 holder.

4.) I get the card 12-19-05, and on 12-21-05 he makes this posting on here, that a stole his card, and is calling the police. Come on Kyle what kind of person are you???????????????????????????

5.) I sat down with Joe Orlando (PSA President) today regarding this card and Kyle. I am NOT doing anything dishonest or hiding anything to or from anybody. I may have been slow as you can read on this thread, but you will not see that I ripped ANYBODY OFF.

I HAVE A MILLION THING TO SAY ABOUT THIS, BUT I WILL WAIT UNTIL I HAVE CALMED DOWN SOME, SO THAT I DO NOT GET CRAZY. GOD KNOWS I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ABOUT KYLE AND THIS CARD.

>>>>>>>>>>>>KYLE, YOU SHOULD TRY BEING MORE FORTHCOMING WITH YOUR STORIES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

WELL, BOARD MEMBERS. LIKE ME OR NOT, YOU CAN SEE I DO NOT STEAL AS KYLE SAYS. MAKE UP YOUR OWN MINDS NOW THAT THE WHOLE STORY IS IN THE OPEN.

Sorry to all of you to whom I shipped card too slowly, and thank you for your business.

Sincerely,
    Slow, but honest Block Sportscards, Inc.
  • Options

Yes, I have had problems with being slow, but I have never, and never will steal or anything else dishonest as he is trying to get you to believe.

2.) He didn't notify me he was overnighting until the day it was to arrive, and I told him I was out of town that I would get it Monday (the 19th)

3.) I let him know from the start that the card should not have been graded. It is a hand cut card. The card does not have the dotted lines as it is required to in order to receive a grade from PSA. Read this in the SMR under "hand cut cards" Here is an item number from when he listed it on eBay for $4999.00 : 8733494411. Now why would he sell to me for 2k when he wanted 5k for it. I feel because he realized the card isn't worth it, and should not be in the 8 holder.

4.) I get the card 12-19-05, and on 12-21-05 he makes this posting on here, that a stole his card, and is calling the police. Come on Kyle what kind of person are you???????????????????????????

5.) I sat down with Joe Orlando (PSA President) today regarding this card and Kyle. I am NOT doing anything dishonest or hiding anything to or from anybody. I may have been slow as you can read on this thread, but you will not see that I ripped ANYBODY OFF.

I HAVE A MILLION THING TO SAY ABOUT THIS, BUT I WILL WAIT UNTIL I HAVE CALMED DOWN SOME, SO THAT I DO NOT GET CRAZY. GOD KNOWS I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ABOUT KYLE AND THIS CARD.

>>>>>>>>>>>>KYLE, YOU SHOULD TRY BEING MORE FORTHCOMING WITH YOUR STORIES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

WELL, BOARD MEMBERS. LIKE ME OR NOT, YOU CAN SEE I DO NOT STEAL AS KYLE SAYS. MAKE UP YOUR OWN MINDS NOW THAT THE WHOLE STORY IS IN THE OPEN.

Sorry to all of you to whom I shipped card too slowly, and thank you for your business.

Sincerely,
  • Options

Sincerely,
  • Options
    To Joe Orlando, Carol J and the rest of the fine people at PSA:

Putting aside the Kyle matter for a moment, what kind of message does it send to the PSA collecting public when multiple collectors are posting of problems with an SMR-advertising dealer? This is not just one isolated incident but, in fact, case after case of resolute dissatisfaction that stretches back over a year as evidenced by this thread. When PSA collectors pay for a PSA-graded card from Ebay or make inquiries as to the availability of a PSA card at a dealer's website, they do so in good faith and have every right to be treated with dignity, respect and speed. The fact that PSA collectors time-after-time are being forced to helplessly and forlornly wait for a shipment and can't even get a response is simply unacceptable.

I am not aware of any other SMR-advertising dealer having a thread like this in their "honor." This is definitely not the standard by which the truly well-respected SMR-advertising dealers are to be judged. Yet I am reminded of that old adage: One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch and, in this case, make PSA card-collecting a miserable experience. None of us deserve this.

Joe, us dedicated PSA collectors are counting on you to take the proper action.

Thanks.
  • Options
    This is really funny. Here's my situation.

I get the card graded and am excited. I list it at $4999 to see if any crazy collector would pay it, and was open to accepting offers. After it didn't sell, I check the pop report and saw a new PSA 9 was listed. So I determined mine was no longer the most desireable card out there and went on to try to sell it offline. When I got an offer for $2000, which is a lot of money to me, I took it. I was excited, happy to spread that money into Christmas Gifts and celebrate a profit... only until this happened.

The fact of the matter is is that had Lawrence responded to any of my emails, phone calls or instant messages and told me what he was doing, I would have not been so worried. It appears to be his biggest problem as everyone says he is ignorant to communication from eBayers, buyers and sellers. What would you have done in my position?

As for receiving the package on Monday, I called him the day after and he said he had not received his mail yet and it should come to him in the afternoon.

Regardless, I am thankful to know my card is on its way back, and now I just hope its the same card and grade it was when I sent it. I don't get exactly why someone would agree to buy a card for $2000 and then take it to PSA to clarify its grade... whats the honest intention there? To show me up, to show PSA up or what?

And for the question on finding this thread, a fellow collector pointed it out to me on another vintage message board.

Happy Holidays to all, and thanks to those of you who were seriously concerned and willing to help me.

Warm Regards,
    Kyle

kylebicking@yahoo.com
  • Options
    And what would he talk to Joe Orlando about me for? I just joined the collectors club in November and included the Ruth in my 6 free grades. What on Earth did I do wrong? That I submitted a card for grading and it came back an 8, when someone thinks it shouldn't be an 8 and that that person thinks I'm crazy for trying to sell it for $5k and then taking a $2k offer?

On a funny note, I did just see that I can select an emotion face to link to my message. I can't decide which to choose. I'' take the beer one.

• Options
    I don't get exactly why someone would agree to buy a card for $2000 and then take it to PSA to clarify its grade

Kyle, if what larry says is true and only a few days went by how could you assume you were being ripped off?

I for one should realize that their is always two sides to a story.

Also this thread is a year old a new thread would have sufficed.

I think larry saw that the card could have been graded in error and wanted clarification. I see no problem with that. Especially within the time line he states.

JMHO
    Good for you.
  • Options
    One more thing to point out. The address listed above for Larry is not the address I sent the card to nor was provided by Larry. Its also not the one listed on his website. I wonder which is the safest one to use?
  • Options
    I never knew he was going to go directly to the president of PSA to clarify the grade. And I am fine with that. I was most upset with him ignoring emails, phone calls and instant messages. I believe my calls were even screened, and others too believe he screens phone calls.

Simply put... one response telling me what was up would have clarified everything. And also, the card was received last Thursday at his other office. He knew it was arriving there the day before, as he received an email from me saying I was overnighting the card to him.

Oh, and I do agree on the two sides of the story thing.... had he responded to any of my half dozen or so emails, phone message, phone calls and instant messages, there'd be one side and the same side of the story.

Regards,
    Kyle

• Options
    From the tone of this thread, it appears that I am in the minority, but I have dealt with Mr. Block on several occasions and have not had a problem.
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    where there is smoke, maybe there's fire. where there is fire, is not where I want my money next to. This thread is useful to collectors...thank you.
  • Options
    Kyle,

I guess you can get away with LYING here because of the bad record I have with this thread. There will automatically be doubt because I ship cards slow.

Here are the facts with no LIES.

* * I told Kyle about the card shouldn't be in holder before we started to make a deal.

* * He DID NOT tell me crap about even accepting my offer until the day the card was to arrive.

* * I told Kyle then that I was out of town, and wouldn't get the card till Monday.

* * Yes, the address in my ad is a mailbox not my office. That is so I will never miss the mail, and the mail (Valuable cards) is safer there then at the office buildings reception desk.

* * I took the card to Joe Orlando to clarify that I would be able to sell the card, and if not what would they do about it, for either me or Kyle.

* * When I said I talked to Joe about the card, and Kyle in my other reply. I only meant that I talked to Joe about the card, nothing directly about Kyle except that he is the original owner. Kyle, I did not in any way question your character with anybody. I had no reason at the time.

* * I did miss one call and two emails from Kyle on Tues.. Thats my bad, sorry. And NO, I DO NOT SCREEN CALLS. I can't screen calls. Our voice mail is from SBC and is not a machine that's in my office to be able to screen calls.

* * I missed 2 emails, and 1 call Tues. and the very (Wed.) next day Kyle wrote that I stole his card. I had the card in possession for 2 day before he wrote that.

Kyle, I wanted to protect both you and I regarding this card, but at this point after you feel it necessary to lie, I do not wish to help you or do business with you.

For every one on here that doesn't like me and my company, there are several people that do. This thread does not reflect the entire truth about me and my company. Many of our loyal customers that know of this thread, do not wish to put there head in this gelatin. Its not that they don't like me, but because there is no winning on my behalf on this thread, and anything and anyone with a point of view from my perspective gets pounced on from you all like a pack of wolves.

As I stated, I am an honest person running an honest business. I have had big trouble shipping slow, but never have I/we done anything dishonest. Out of all you people complaining on this thread, NOT one of you will be able to say that I ripped you off or have done anything else dishonest to you.

Since this thread started over a year ago, I/we have done business with many of the same people that were complaining on here. That should tell you that there isn't anything dishonest going on, or they would not deal with me/us again. I just mailed slow. I truly am sorry to you all for that.

ONE LAST TIME, I APOLOGIZE TO THOSE WHOM I PUT OUT BY SHIPPING SLOW.

Kyle, take your card and lies elsewhere, and deal with it being in a holder that it should not be, on your own.

Thank you all for reading my reply.

Sincerely,
    Lawrence Block
  • Options
    Kyle,

I guess you can get away with LYING here because of the bad record I have with this thread. There will automatically be doubt because I ship cards slow.

Here are the facts with no LIES.

* * I told Kyle about the card shouldn't be in holder before we started to make a deal.

* * He DID NOT tell me crap about even accepting my offer until the day the card was to arrive.

* * I told Kyle then that I was out of town, and wouldn't get the card till Monday.

* * Yes, the address in my ad is a mailbox not my office. That is so I will never miss the mail, and the mail (Valuable cards) is safer there then at the office buildings reception desk.

* * I took the card to Joe Orlando to clarify that I would be able to sell the card, and if not what would they do about it, for either me or Kyle.

* * When I said I talked to Joe about the card, and Kyle in my other reply. I only meant that I talked to Joe about the card, nothing directly about Kyle except that he is the original owner. Kyle, I did not in any way question your character with anybody. I had no reason at the time.

* * I did miss one call and two emails from Kyle on Tues.. Thats my bad, sorry. And NO, I DO NOT SCREEN CALLS. I can't screen calls. Our voice mail is from SBC and is not a machine that's in my office to be able to screen calls.

* * I missed 2 emails, and 1 call Tues. and the very (Wed.) next day Kyle wrote that I stole his card. I had the card in possession for 2 day before he wrote that.

Kyle, I wanted to protect both you and I regarding this card, but at this point after you feel it necessary to lie, I do not wish to help you or do business with you.

For every one on here that doesn't like me and my company, there are several people that do. This thread does not reflect the entire truth about me and my company. Many of our loyal customers that know of this thread, do not wish to put there head in this gelatin. Its not that they don't like me, but because there is no winning on my behalf on this thread, and anything and anyone with a point of view from my perspective gets pounced on from you all like a pack of wolves.

As I stated, I am an honest person running an honest business. I have had big trouble shipping slow, but never have I/we done anything dishonest. Out of all you people complaining on this thread, NOT one of you will be able to say that I ripped you off or have done anything else dishonest to you.

Since this thread started over a year ago, I/we have done business with many of the same people that were complaining on here. That should tell you that there isn't anything dishonest going on, or they would not deal with me/us again. I just mailed slow. I truly am sorry to you all for that.

ONE LAST TIME, I APOLOGIZE TO THOSE WHOM I PUT OUT BY SHIPPING SLOW.

Kyle, take your card and lies elsewhere, and deal with it being in a holder that it should not be, on your own.

Thank you all for reading my reply.

Sincerely,
    Lawrence Block
  • Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS - HAPPY HANUKKAH, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS - HAPPY HANUKKAH, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!![/b
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    The only problem I have with that is that your original intention was never to buy the card. You told me it appeared to me too small but yet you still wanted to buy it for $2000. Now that PSA has also told you its "too small," you don't want it. So you were right from the start, you confirmed it with PSA and now what? The way I see it, I wasted time and money even sending the card to you. You'd only want it if you could sell it for a profit, which you obviously have now determined you can't.

I am fine with whatever you say about me,I have my truths, many people know my truths and will stand behind me in numbers. So, with that said, atleast I know that I'll be getting my card back.... but the question is when? Are you holding to your poor shipping issues with returning my card? I'm still waiting for my confirmation numbers. Will I get them by the New Year?

Oh and for shipping items after accepting the offers, sorry I don't wait days or weeks to take care of business. Urgency is a bad habit of mine, as I ship anything and everything the day of or day after I get payments/offers.

Lastly, you never told me you were out of town and you never told me you'd get the card on Monday. Again, a 15 second email to respond to my extremely urgent emails would have solved so many problems. And if you recall in my emails, I clearly stated that if you no longer want the item, please let me know and return it to me promptly.... yet that was also tooooo difficult for you to do.

Anyone who is reading these threads, I hope you get a laugh out of them and remember them when doing similar deals in the future.

Best Regards,
    Kyle Bicking

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Larry:

Why do you ship slowly? Is there any excuse/explanation as to why a professional operation such as yours should chronically ship slowly? Just curious....

Eyebone

"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The only problem I have with that is that your original intention was never to buy the card. You told me it appeared to me too small but yet you still wanted to buy it for $2000. Now that PSA has also told you its "too small," you don't want it. So you were right from the start, you confirmed it with PSA and now what? The way I see it, I wasted time and money even sending the card to you. You'd only want it if you could sell it for a profit, which you obviously have now determined you can't. >>

i agree, i think it sounds ridiculous.. Block agrees to buy the card for $2000, but before he pays, he sends SOMEONE ELSES CARD off to PSA because he thinks it should grade lower or not grade at all?

Block, what would you have done if PSA said they made a mistake grading the card originally and sent it back ungraded or graded lower? would you have still paid Kyle his $2000?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Isn't this the 3rd different thread now where blockhead has come to defend himself for his business practices?
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i know if i make a deal with somebody and send them my card, unless they clear it with me, their NEXT FRIGGING STEP better be to PAY ME..
    not to send my damn card to anyone else hoping for them to change the damn grade or take it out of their holder.. thats ridiculous..

without Kyles permission, Block had NO RIGHT to do ANYTHING other than pay the man his $2000..

·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>... * * I told Kyle about the card shouldn't be in holder before we started to make a deal.

* * He DID NOT tell me crap about even accepting my offer until the day the card was to arrive. ... >>

So ... you made an offer for a card that you felt was an inferior PSA grade?

<< <i>... * * I took the card to Joe Orlando to clarify that I would be able to sell the card, and if not what would they do about it, for either me or Kyle. ... >>

So ... did Joe support the grade or not?

<< <i>... ONE LAST TIME, I APOLOGIZE TO THOSE WHOM I PUT OUT BY SHIPPING SLOW. ... >>

I don't think tardy shipping is the issue? The issue is your inability to respond to your customers when they inquire about their cards?

Many members on this board pay very promptly. Is it too much to expect some kind of acknowledgement for receipt of payment and answers to their shipping status inquiries - especially transactions involving high-end cards?

If anyone has shared my experience with you - no communication or ability to communicate with you weeks after PayPal funds were issued - then I can see why they panic? A person shouldn't have to file a PayPal dispute to get you to contact them?!!
  • Options
    Also, why didn't you contact the seller the day the card arrived? If I didn't make a deal on a $2K card, I would have returned it asap! Instead of promptly communicating with the seller about a deal you felt you did not finalize, you called Joe Orlando and had the card reviewed for resale??
  • Options
    pandrews.

pandrews: i agree, i think it sounds ridiculous.. Block agrees to buy the card for $2000, but before he pays, he sends SOMEONE ELSES CARD off to PSA because he thinks it should grade lower or not grade at all?

I did not send the card anywhere. I live 20 minutes from PSA. I took the card to PSA myself. I did not leave it with anybody or anything else you might have thought. All I did was sit down with Joe Orlando (PSA Pres.) and go over the card.

pandrews: Block, what would you have done if PSA said they made a mistake grading the card originally and sent it back ungraded or graded lower? would you have still paid Kyle his $2000?

PSA has always and I'm sure continue to will always stand behind there product. If PSA said they made a mistake, then as they have done with me a few times in the past, they buy the card back. Therefore yes, I would have still paid Kyle the 2K.

All I wanted to do is, be sure with PSA and Joe Orlando that the card was good to sell. I did NOT want to end up trying to sell a card that was bad. I was hoping that I was wrong about it being holdered in error, because then I could have make a fair margin on the card. All I want is to be safe, and honest about this card, and to make a few bucks. After all that is how I feed the kids and pay the mortgage.

Thank you for you input pandrews, and have a great holiday season.

Lawrence Block
  • Options
    Kyle, I don't know if its what you said, or how you said it, but I really do appreciate your last posting.

Kyle: The only problem I have with that is that your original intention was never to buy the card. You told me it appeared to me too small but yet you still wanted to buy it for $2000. Now that PSA has also told you its "too small," you don't want it. So you were right from the start, you confirmed it with PSA and now what? The way I see it, I wasted time and money even sending the card to you. You'd only want it if you could sell it for a profit, which you obviously have now determined you can't.

My intentions from the start were to buy the card regardless. PSA makes good on there mistakes. If the card was determined to be an error, PSA buys them back. This I have done with PSA a few times. I felt I could make a fair margin on the card buying it at 2K, and if the card is wrong as I suspected, then I would still break even from PSA. Kyle, I would not waist your time and money by having you send a card just so I could check it out with PSA.

Kyle: I am fine with whatever you say about me, I have my truths, many people know my truths and will stand behind me in numbers. So, with that said, atleast I know that I'll be getting my card back.... but the question is when? Are you holding to your poor shipping issues with returning my card? I'm still waiting for my confirmation numbers. Will I get them by the New Year?

I fully respect that you have your opinions, and truths. I would never try and change them. I as do you have many others that will stand behind us in or lives. A big difference is that, not many of mine are on these PSA boards. Don't be fooled that the people arguing your point of view on here are your friends. Not all but many of these people on here will turn on you like a rabid dog. I also appreciate your pun on me about shipping you the card. I will not keep to my bad habit of shipping slow, and you will get the card before 2006.

Kyle: Lastly, you never told me you were out of town and you never told me you'd get the card on Monday. Again, a 15 second email to respond to my extremely urgent emails would have solved so many problems. And if you recall in my emails, I clearly stated that if you no longer want the item, please let me know and return it to me promptly.... yet that was also tooooo difficult for you to do.

It is here were your truths and mine conflict that we have a problem. I know this:
    I did tell you I was out of town.
    I did tell you I wouldn't get the card until Monday.
    Yes, your email did say "if I no longer wanted the card to ship back"
    I accept fault in that I didn't read emails for a day and a half, therefore didn't reply to your urgent email.
    What can I say or do but apologize? I am deeply sorry for not keeping closer contact with you.

- -

Mon. to Wed. is not a time frame to determine that somebody is going as far as stealing from you. It was a bit overboard for you to say that I'm stealing from you, that you are going to call the police.

Here is what I am coming to feel about this all. The bottom line is, all this would not have happened if I would have kept closer contact with you. That much is true, but when you our anybody else starts accusing me of dishonesties that are not true, that is when I get defensive. Not only being accused, but it being posted on these boards as if they were facts. That is too much. Once again, I know this all could have been avoided by me keeping close contact with you.

Kyle, There is nothing more I can say. I have no real excuse or reason for not reading email or returning calls. Maybe its that I bite off more then I can chew, and am unable to complete everything in a timely manner. I do have a tendency to return calls the next day or two after. And do not read email every day as I should. All that being said. There is a few other things that is wholly true about me, I AM HONEST, I AM ALWAYS FAIR, I DO GET IT ALL DONE (eventually), AND I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO MAKE A SITUATION RIGHT.

It is late and I am tired, that is why I am running on and on here.

In closing. Kyle, I wish this all went differently, but we can't change the past. All I can do is apologize and ask you, "Is there anything I can do to make things right to you?" If there is anything over and above returning the card, Please let me know, and if its at all possible, then it will be done.

I sincerely wish you and yours the best of seasons, and prosperous new year.

Lawrence Block
  • Options
    pandrews.

pandrews: i agree, i think it sounds ridiculous.. Block agrees to buy the card for $2000, but before he pays, he sends SOMEONE ELSES CARD off to PSA because he thinks it should grade lower or not grade at all?

I did not send the card anywhere. I live 20 minutes from PSA. I took the card to PSA myself. I did not leave it with anybody or anything else you might have thought. All I did was sit down with Joe Orlando (PSA Pres.) and go over the card.

pandrews: Block, what would you have done if PSA said they made a mistake grading the card originally and sent it back ungraded or graded lower? would you have still paid Kyle his $2000?

PSA has always and I'm sure continue to will always stand behind there product. If PSA said they made a mistake, then as they have done with me a few times in the past, they buy the card back. Therefore yes, I would have still paid Kyle the 2K.

All I wanted to do is, be sure with PSA and Joe Orlando that the card was good to sell. I did NOT want to end up trying to sell a card that was bad. I was hoping that I was wrong about it being holdered in error, because then I could have make a fair margin on the card. All I want is to be safe, and honest about this card, and to make a few bucks. After all that is how I feed the kids and pay the mortgage.

Thank you for you input pandrews, and have a great holiday season.

Lawrence Block
  • Options
    Kyle, I don't know if its what you said, or how you said it, but I really do appreciate your last posting.

Kyle: The only problem I have with that is that your original intention was never to buy the card. You told me it appeared to me too small but yet you still wanted to buy it for $2000. Now that PSA has also told you its "too small," you don't want it. So you were right from the start, you confirmed it with PSA and now what? The way I see it, I wasted time and money even sending the card to you. You'd only want it if you could sell it for a profit, which you obviously have now determined you can't.

My intentions from the start were to buy the card regardless. PSA makes good on there mistakes. If the card was determined to be an error, PSA buys them back. This I have done with PSA a few times. I felt I could make a fair margin on the card buying it at 2K, and if the card is wrong as I suspected, then I would still break even from PSA. Kyle, I would not waist your time and money by having you send a card just so I could check it out with PSA.

Kyle: I am fine with whatever you say about me, I have my truths, many people know my truths and will stand behind me in numbers. So, with that said, atleast I know that I'll be getting my card back.... but the question is when? Are you holding to your poor shipping issues with returning my card? I'm still waiting for my confirmation numbers. Will I get them by the New Year?

I fully respect that you have your opinions, and truths. I would never try and change them. I as do you have many others that will stand behind us in or lives. A big difference is that, not many of mine are on these PSA boards. Don't be fooled that the people arguing your point of view on here are your friends. Not all but many of these people on here will turn on you like a rabid dog. I also appreciate your pun on me about shipping you the card. I will not keep to my bad habit of shipping slow, and you will get the card before 2006.

Kyle: Lastly, you never told me you were out of town and you never told me you'd get the card on Monday. Again, a 15 second email to respond to my extremely urgent emails would have solved so many problems. And if you recall in my emails, I clearly stated that if you no longer want the item, please let me know and return it to me promptly.... yet that was also tooooo difficult for you to do.

It is here were your truths and mine conflict that we have a problem. I know this:
    I did tell you I was out of town.
    I did tell you I wouldn't get the card until Monday.
    Yes, your email did say "if I no longer wanted the card to ship back"
    I accept fault in that I didn't read emails for a day and a half, therefore didn't reply to your urgent email.
    What can I say or do but apologize? I am deeply sorry for not keeping closer contact with you.

- -

Mon. to Wed. is not a time frame to determine that somebody is going as far as stealing from you. It was a bit overboard for you to say that I'm stealing from you, that you are going to call the police.

Here is what I am coming to feel about this all. The bottom line is, all this would not have happened if I would have kept closer contact with you. That much is true, but when you our anybody else starts accusing me of dishonesties that are not true, that is when I get defensive. Not only being accused, but it being posted on these boards as if they were facts. That is too much. Once again, I know this all could have been avoided by me keeping close contact with you.

Kyle, There is nothing more I can say. I have no real excuse or reason for not reading email or returning calls. Maybe its that I bite off more then I can chew, and am unable to complete everything in a timely manner. I do have a tendency to return calls the next day or two after. And do not read email every day as I should. All that being said. There is a few other things that is wholly true about me, I AM HONEST, I AM ALWAYS FAIR, I DO GET IT ALL DONE (eventually), AND I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO MAKE A SITUATION RIGHT.

It is late and I am tired, that is why I am running on and on here.

In closing. Kyle, I wish this all went differently, but we can't change the past. All I can do is apologize and ask you, "Is there anything I can do to make things right to you?" If there is anything over and above returning the card, Please let me know, and if its at all possible, then it will be done.

I sincerely wish you and yours the best of seasons, and prosperous new year.

Lawrence Block
  • Options
    Sixdart

You are one of the people that has dealt with me again after complaining about me here on the board.

You then must know that I maybe a lot of things but I am NOT dishonest, or a thief

Happy holidays dart.