Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

JamminJ: not fair!

I just realized how many beautiful coins you've been offering on ebay this past month, and nobody told me a thing! image

Dimitri

DPOTD-1

Comments

• Options
    I would have loved to bid on these two.

Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Hi Dimirti,

Thanks for the compliments on the coins I've been auctioning - and for bidding a few out of this week's batch! Of the two you posted the French coin was top notch: attractive, original, accurately graded and cheap! The Somoli coin was nice but not that exciting, at least to me.

I never started a SSP thread as I didn't feel I post enough here to make it look OK. However, since you started this thread what the hell.

The two best coins this week are the 1965 G German 5 Mark:

and the 1938 Venezuela 5c

The Panama and Thai coins are also above average. I'll offer free shipping worldwide if a forum member wins anything.image

-JamminJ

• Options
    Duly noted. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Aw man!! That stuff looks good! Jammin, forget ettiquite, when you have stuff like that I wanna know! imageimage

btw, out of curiosity, how much did the French centime go for?
  • Options

<< <i>btw, out of curiosity, how much did the French centime go for? >>

Sale price: $31.00. My cost (including slabbing): $47.00.image

-JamminJ
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    That's ashame. $50.00 is more than a fair price for a coin like that. Maybe it's just because it was the most common date for the type?

I've had this one on my website for about 6 months. It's not as nice as yours, but it's only about 1/4 the mintage. No one has seemed too interested in this one either.

http://www.civitasgalleries.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?keywords=WC7125

Oh well, their loss. image
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    Hi jammin. If you ever get more nice US Mint products, like that Venezuelan, let me know. image

Now I'll have to figure in my time to crack it out into my bid... image
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Hi jammin. If you ever get more nice US Mint products, like that Venezuelan, let me know. image >>

Maybe I should have done a SSP here! I just sent this coin, also struck in Phildelphia, off to Germany:

<< <i>Now I'll have to figure in my time to crack it out into my bid... image >>

True, but would you have trusted my opinion of the MS66 grade and that the color was kosher?

-JamminJ

• Options

<< <i>That's ashame. $50.00 is more than a fair price for a coin like that. Maybe it's just because it was the most common date for the type? >>

French coins really sell poorly, which is kinda a shame as they have some really nice deigns.
    If I knew it would sell that poorly I would have kept it!

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Are these pictures taken by you? They really look great.
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    Yes, I take the pictures myself. Thanks!

I use a Canon 5 megapixel camera of some sort with a macro lens under two Ott lights.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Awesome UCAM coin! How many are graded UCAM by NGC?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome UCAM coin! How many are graded UCAM by NGC? >>

I don't know. NGC's foreign coin population report has not been updated in years. However, there can't be too many certified examples around as I've never seen a proof of this type offered on e-bay in the year or so I've been watching closely.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Hey JJ -

I assume you already know - if you ever get any French gold of the same quality as those coins - don't even bother with ebay. Just send me an email image
    knowledge ........ share it
  • Options

<< <i>True, but would you have trusted my opinion of the MS66 grade and that the color was kosher?

-JamminJ >>

That would depend on how much you're asking for it. image

The Costa Rican coin is a beaut! Of course, it's one that I need too. image
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I assume you already know - if you ever get any French gold of the same quality as those coins - don't even bother with ebay. Just send me an email image >>

Occasionally you can find gem roosters and angels for just a tad over the bullion value. The older stuff you like is much tougher to cherrypick!

-JamminJ
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>btw, out of curiosity, how much did the French centime go for? >>

Sale price: $31.00. My cost (including slabbing): $47.00.image

-JamminJ >>

That is a very lovely coin. I would have easily paid $75 for it.
  • Options

<< <i>That is a very lovely coin. I would have easily paid $75 for it. >>

Where, oh where, were all the strong buyers last month!image

Some sell for more than I expect, some for less. Such is e-bay.

-JamminJ