Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry News!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE NEXT PCGS SET REGISTRY LUNCHEON!

If you are planning to attend the FUN show in Ft. Lauderdale this January, then please join us for lunch. Our program will consist of a Q&A session by PCGS's president, David Hall, and we'll have a few other surprises! Your email invitation will be sent in mid-November, but here's some advance information:
Date: Friday, January 14, 2005
Time: 12-2 p.m.
Place: Ft. Lauderdale Marina Marriott

TEN MOST FAMOUS UNITED STATES ULTRA RARITIES SET ONLINE

We have just added a new category to the Registry called "Famous U.S. Coins." This new addition will feature high profile coins in various combinations, and the first "set" is described as "The Ten Most Famous United States Ultra Rarities."
The initial Top Ten list includes coins from the collections of Louis E. Eliasberg, Adolphe Menjou, Will W. Neil, Waldo Newcomer, the Norweb Family, and the Smithsonian/National Numismatic Collection. We have launched this particular set to bring awareness to collectors who sometimes don't realize the historical significance, great rarity or fantastic quality of many of the coins with those pedigrees.
The PCGS Board of Experts -- including David Hall, John Dannreuther, Gordon Wrubel, Bruce Amspacher, Ron Howard, Jim Halperin and Anthony Terranova -- reached a consensus opinion on the coins in the PCGS Ten Most Famous U.S. Ultra Rarities (in order of denominations):
. 1913 Liberty Head nickel
. 1894-S Barber dime
. 1876-CC twenty-cent piece
. 1838-O half dollar
. 1804 $1 (Original or Restrike)
. 1870-S Seated Liberty dollar
. 1885 Trade Dollar
. $4 "Stella" (1879 or 1880) Coiled Hair
. 1907 Ultra High Relief Saint-Gaudens $20
. 1927-D Saint-Gaudens $20
Please click here to enjoy these fantastic collections.

NEW PHILIPPINES SET COMPOSITES

During the past few years, we have received numerous requests for these popular issues, so over the last few weeks we have been adding the United States coinage for the Philippines. Every denomination is represented including complete sets for circulated strike issues and proof issues. In the next few days, type sets will be added as well. These sets can be found in the "Private Issues and Territorial Gold" category. Click here.

As always, should you have any questions, please feel free to email me. Thanks for your support of the PCGS Set Registry.
BJ Searls
bsearls@collectors.com
Set Registry & Special Projects Director
PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to run home and register my one Philippine coin. Should be all time number one for a bit.

(This is one group of sets I am happy to see listed)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I won't be able to pick my own name out of the hat like I did 2 years ago for the prizeimage I won't be thereimage Hopefully there is a sample slabimage

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options

<< <i>TEN MOST FAMOUS UNITED STATES ULTRA RARITIES SET ONLINE >>

I don't think many people will complete those sets image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Dang, won't be there in time for the Luncheon... image Won't be able to leave here until about that time because of school... image Oh well...
    -George
    42/92