Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Calling on 1972 collectors...Finish line in sight!

Hello,

I know this is not the right board for this request, but I didn't get any hits on the "B,S & T" board. So please don't jump on me. I need 21 1972 high #'s to complete my set. Looking for NM/MT or better, graded or raw (which I prefer) due to cost. Please help if you can!

Numbers that I need are:
#659 Aspromonte, #662 Bahnsen, #667 Newman, #669 Crawford, #673 Marshall, #683 Hovley, #687 Unser, #693 Gallagher, #694 Gallagher IA, #699 Murcer, #714 Michael IA, #716 Alou, #723 Santorini, #725 McAuliffe, #738 Merritt, #740 Carty, #750 Horton, #766 Hamilton, #781 Andrews, #784 Aspromonte and #787 Reed

I'm new to the board, but I've been reading this board for over a year. I like to put together sets, I have every topps basic set from 1973-2003 and after the 72's are done, I'm going to finish my 58's which I have about half of the set. Most everything I collect is raw due to the rising cost of graded, but I do have about 25 or so 1972 high #'s in PSA 8's since most of the better high #'s on ebay have been sent in to PSA.

Ebay id (bbcards4me)

email address (markb681@msn.com)

Thanks for your time!

Mark

Comments

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Hi Mark,

I doubt that you'll get much bite for NM/MT caliber raw up on this board. PSA 8 graded might be possible. Your best bet for this is the Vintage Trading Board. Technically, 72 isn't considered "vintage" anymore. And some have never considered it Vintage... but, I like to think of it as "grandfathered" since 72's used to be the cutoff date for vintage. Then - in 2002 it got bumped to modern by PSA.

Unfortunately, I don't have any raw 72's left and any PSA 8's that I've upgraded have long been gone. Your best bet is still eBay and from a cost standpoint - don't bid ridiculously like on some of these Waverly82 auctions. The 693 and 787 will be your toughest cards from a centering standpoint - but none of these is outrageously tough.

Good luck!

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I can help you with 1 card. Gallagher IA. I have a psa 8 NQ on ebay right now. bkritz is my ebay name.

I hope you bid,

Bkritz
  • Options
    Thanks BKRitz,

But after almost 2 years of ebay/emails/card shows....I can now say "I'M DONE!"

Out of the 22 #'s I needed a few weeks ago...

I was able to pick up 18 of those from (All-Star Cards) from Kansas. They had just broke up a set when I called and they sold them before putting them on ebay!

They are now, my new favorite dealer!

The last 3, I picked up on ebay. A seller had a bunch of PSA 9's listed and I emailed him and asked him if he had those 3 #'s raw...He told me yes, I haven't sent them in the PSA, they will ONLY score an 8. I said, Sold! for $12.00 each NM/MT raw. They will be in route any day now...

I've now moved on to the 1958's I've been sitting on for over 10 years. But I can't seem to find anybody with any EX/MT commons (Raw). So if you know anyone who has some they are willing to sell, let me know!

Thanks again for the offer!
    Mark
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    Congrats on a HUGE accomplishment!

B