Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

my new camera arrived; first attempt; 05-O 25c

pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just recieved my new camera ... way kewl image ... an early 40th b-day present to me image

Anyway, it's a Fuji S3100 FinePix, very nice, compact and affordable ... right out of the box these are the first two pictures using standard Marco settings, cropped and reduced to fit.

I need to work on the lighting and angle a bit, but the clarity is exceptional for out of the box (I think).

If anyone can post them up I'd appreciate it (and if anyone has the instructions so I can do that myself, an informational PM would be great) image

In the next week or so I'll try to get by the bank and photograph some of my favorites to share. Maybe I'll finally use my own icon instead of borrowing Jon's.

Oh, and since I'm not quite a brand-newbie here anymore, I suppose it's time to thank everyone who has been kind, insightful and informative in my first couple months around here, and for just letting me participate. I hope to get to know some of you better over time.

Best Regards.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Comments

• Options
    Nice camera! congrats and welcome to the headaches of trying to get the perfect shot!

• Options
    Thanks Rat ... oh, I think this takes one of the headaches away ... but I know what you mean ... my last camera was soooo antiquated for a macro picture that I had the lighting, angle and camera quality headaches all at once!

Oh, how'd you do that anyway ... after I upload them is there a http preface I can use ?

hmmm ... let me try this;

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    kewl ... figured it out ... thanks again Rat ... if you hadn't put 'em up I'd still be wondering

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good pics! Infact considering it's the first time you've used the camera....great pics!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file