Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Proof Morgan dollar-Reply received

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
After bidding on Bustman's beautiful Proof Morgan dollar on Ebay, I received this e-mail:
"Dear eBay member,sorry for the disturbing you...
I saw that you were bidding on this products 1885 NGC PROOF 65 CAMEO MORGAN DOLLAR. RAINBOW COLOR! Item number: 3924389298 and I thought that I can make you a better offer. I can sell you the same item, brand new, with the same accesories for a lower price.
If you are interested we can work it out with a price, cause i want to sell it, and i`m ready to NEGOCIATE it. If you want to spare some money this is your lucky day.

Thank you for your time"

I wonder what "accesories" he includes with his? image
Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    and it's brand new. Who wants an old one.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    OMG
  • Options
    Accesories would be something like having a nice guy like me to guard your coin from harm. If you win, keep me in mind....image
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Funny. He's ready to "NEGOCIATE".

That actually is a word, so it passed spell check.
  • Options
    This was my reply:
    "Michael,
    I am very much interested in your item! Please provide me a picture and some additional information, ie, is it slabbed by NGC or PCGS and does it have any toning or is it white? I must insist the transaction be made in person and I will pay with cash. That way, if you are trying to scam me, I will physically abuse you so you will never try to scam anybody else. I eagerly await your reply, as I am in the market to either purchase an 1885 NGC Proof 65 Cameo Morgan dollar or to give somebody a good a$$ whipping.
    Sincerely,
    Mike"

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I eagerly wait for the reply.image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    there is a little hype in the auction !
    though well deserved,the coin is just the bomb.
    the private email coin ? would offer 10 bucks tops !
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Be sure he includes the AC adapter.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    MD I never I thought you had it in you.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Mike
    Why only you ? I can watch your back !
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "That way, if you are trying to scam me, I will physically abuse you so you will never try to scam anybody else."
    That is a really great line. I bet he read that one line at least 3 times......image
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Michael, that is a GREAT response!! I hope you get a reply.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    I received the same email , as I did one for a 1909-S VDB cent I bid on.image

I went ahead and wired the $, thinking I must be getting a "steal" of a deal (and not wanting anyone else to beat me to it) - NOT. image
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Anaconda... and the accessory is Stephanie.

cue mad rush to the computer to accept gracious offer
  • Options
    Please let us know if he ever replies Mike! LOL.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Mike, you need to take Don and I along if you go to meet this dude.

You need Don the ex-Marine to help protect you and me, the ex-corpsman to patch up your butt if it gets whopped.... image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am very much interested in your item! Please provide me a picture and some additional information, ie, is it slabbed by NGC or PCGS and does it have any toning or is it white? I must insist the transaction be made in person and I will pay with cash. That way, if you are trying to scam me, I will physically abuse you so you will never try to scam anybody else. I eagerly await your reply, as I am in the market to either purchase an 1885 NGC Proof 65 Cameo Morgan dollar or to give somebody a good a$$ whipping. >>

LMAO - I wanna go and film the meeting!
  • Options

<< <i>This was my reply:
    "Michael,
    I am very much interested in your item! Please provide me a picture and some additional information, ie, is it slabbed by NGC or PCGS and does it have any toning or is it white? I must insist the transaction be made in person and I will pay with cash. That way, if you are trying to scam me, I will physically abuse you so you will never try to scam anybody else. I eagerly await your reply, as I am in the market to either purchase an 1885 NGC Proof 65 Cameo Morgan dollar or to give somebody a good a$$ whipping.
    Sincerely,
    Mike"

image >>

I love it!image
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Now this is the kind of Ebay threads this place needs.image
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    I received a reply from this guy today: "yes , i want to use wetsern union" and you can guess what my reply was!
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    LOL, Ebay needs to take some of the billions they're making and set up a "good" fraud task force.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options

<< <i>LOL, Ebay needs to take some of the billions they're making and set up a "good" fraud task force. >>

image Yea right!! Every time someone is defrauded through a completed auction Ebay makes money as the scammer pays their FV fees so I would not hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file