Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

am i black listed?

is there anything i can do to get on everyones good side again?

just wondering if so what
Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    Dont recall any of your infractions. Couldn't be too bad, you are still here. image
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    Get used to it !
    everybody here hates me too !
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Perhaps you could learn to use the shift key when appropriate
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Send me some coins?
    Those Frankies will do!

Seriously, I'm with islemangu, who did you wrong? Or who did you wrong?
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Well, for one, you can return my PM about the "blueish" 1962 proof franklin that you have for sale. Other than that, you'll have to clue me in on what you did to get on the blacklist in the first place. Did you pull a majorbigdeal and start dropping lots of juvenile sexual jokes in your thread responses??
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    How about the item # on the "1921 MAXI" auction?

That'd be a good start to get out of the s**t house.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    Is this better? I can use my capitals, lower case, and punctuation better. Now all I need to do is learn to spell and I'll be set. lol
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    I have no problems with you atarian.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>Is this better? I can use my capitals, lower case, and punctuation better. Now all I need to do is learn to spell and I'll be set. lol >>

Wow - I'm impressed. Much better.

If we were able to teach doop(s) to use the Enter key I knew you could use the Shift key when you wanted take the time to do so.

But seriously, if you have communication problems it will help to use the same words and symbols we have all agreed upon when trying to communicate each one another in the English language.

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    But seriously, if you have communication problems it will help to use the same words and symbols we have all agreed upon when trying to communicate each one another in the English language.

You've got to use the queen's english, by God........
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    Well, Ill see how long this lasts untill I forget the shift key again. When ever i forget slap me. ( beware you might get tired out from slapping).Anyway, i wasted alot of people's time when i was asking for advice and in a heat of seeing a coin i bought Crap. Plain and simple. And many feel I wasted their time, thats what i was refering. to. But I think even though i jumped early on junk Something was left behind cause I am still looking at what I should have saved up for the time I bought all the PF 69 kennedy. But I think If you give me time I can show I didnt waste Your Time.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But seriously, if you have communication problems it will help to use the same words and symbols we have all agreed upon when trying to communicate each one another in the English language.

You've got to use the queen's english, by God........ >>

Yeah! Start using this land's native language...Apache!!!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    I got an email for a 1835 Half Cent PCGS graded MS63 BN for $300. ( now i remember how you all said 75% of pcgs price isnt a great savings. but the PCGS site has it at 350$. I asked for a pic and to look it over but i dont want to rush into things. I may choose to look aroudn to see if i can get one for less. MS63 is still a high grade for a half cent type coin i would think. PCGS has the highest grade at MS65. well i have 1 other deal to set out now. so thatll take me a few days to pay him off. then i can think and start looking. Ive seen alot of prices and seens quite a few large and half cent coins. but not been in the dealing end of the market. just alot of looking at ebay auctions and seeing what graded items they have.
  • Options
    Well i guess it is time for me to go to bed and read the stream of consciousness some other time because to tell you honestly, it tires me out to read other peoples thoughts without any filtering out of the useless bits of information that we all think someone else might bother to read when what we really want is love and happiness from the people we care about because after all that's really what life is all about and do you have a 62D in ms66 because I'd really like to buyitfromyouifitsnottoomuchtrouble
    When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>If we were able to teach doop(s) to use the Enter key I knew you could use the Shift key when you wanted take the time to do so. >>

Are you saying doops finally figured out how to make paragraphs? I must have missed it.
  • Options
    if i see a ms66 62D ill let you know so far i only gots me a 62 PF67. and that itself is something im not too happy with
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    "am i black listed?"

No.image
  • Options
    don't sweat it - everybody pretty much hates me too, maybe a contest for most unpopular board member?
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>don't sweat it - everybody pretty much hates me too, maybe a contest for most unpopular board member? >>

I like you SF.image
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>don't sweat it - everybody pretty much hates me too, maybe a contest for most unpopular board member? >>

Lay down on the couch Frank and tell us why everyone hates you. image
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>Are you saying doops finally figured out how to make paragraphs? I must have missed it. >>

No, they said "IF we could get Doop(s) to use the Enter key. . . "
  • Options

<< <i>Lay down on the couch Frank and tell us why everyone hates you. image >>

I'm mean and grumpy?

no wait, that's y. . . .

nevermind image
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭
    Your last thread is not helping your case. image

Joe.
  • Options
    Atarian, I am sorry that I hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intentions. I hate to see youngsters lose their money due to lack of knowledge. Coin collecting takes years of research and experience. You were so excited and reckless that you were headed for financial disaster. You were only hearing what you wanted to hear, and that was buy, buy,buy. Guess I finally got your attention. I apologise for hurting your feelings in the process. Hang in there kid, you are alright. Just please slow down a little.

Sincerely,
    Louis
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    About two months ago, I went into the local coin shop. I was looking at a Walking Liberty Half Dollar in Proof 65. Instead, I decided to buy a set of BU War Nickels. That way, I was able to get 11 times as many coins for 10% of the cost of the half dollar. I didn’t have enough money for the whole set, so I put the set on layaway. When I put the set on layaway, I thought it would only take me about a month to make enough money to pay the balance. First, however, the local distributor cut the number of customers on my paper route by about 30%. Apparently, some customers were complaining about late delivery. Then, I had to pay for my monthly membership to the health club. I haven’t been there for about six months, and thought my membership had expired, but I miscalculated. Before I joined the health club, my friend suggested that I sign up for a trial membership, but the one year membership was on sale, so I decided to go for it. At any rate, it took me longer to save up to make the final payment on the war nickels, but I finally had enough to pay the balance.
    I went back into the shop earlier this week and the dealer was on the phone. While he talked, I looked at the coins in his cases. He had some very nice late date Indian Cents in BU. When he hung up, I asked him if I could look at a few of the Indian Cents. They were very nice, and when he told me the price, I figured that I could get two of the Indian Cents for the same price as the set of BU War Nickels. Something didn’t seem right though. The price of the Indian Cent was only about 80% of the price in the PCGS price guide, but the price on the set of war nickels was about 90% of the PCGS price guide. I pointed this out to the dealer. At first, he didn’t seem to care about what I was trying to tell him. Then, when I asked him if I could apply the money that I had put down on the war nickel set toward the Indian Cents, he looked impatient. The phone rang. I could not believe it when he answered the phone. He acted as if I wasn’t even there. I cannot believe that a business person could be so rude as to ignore a live, paying customer just to answer the phone. I got upset and left the store. Now, I’m not sure if I should buy the Indian Cents or the War Nickels. What do you think I should do?
    P.S.: The more I think about it, I’m not sure that I want to do any business with this dealer. Do you have any coins for sale?
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    BUCK UP it ain't all that bad

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    au58: If you commit to buying coins, you should buy them, and not change your mind and want to buy something else... it's quite possible the dealer (Holding the war nickels for you) had to turn down other offers to buy it because it was being held for you, and then you go in and say, well, instead of buying these, I want to buy these... in doing that, you've lost him money, because he could have sold that set, and then reinvested it into his inventory or, dare I say it, PAY HIS BILLS!! image Just remember, Dealers are business people... some are nice, some are mean, some are honest as anything, others are greedy as hell... but don't go in, and waste their time. I would think that would be a big pet peave with ANY salesman when you take up their time and they don't gain anything for their time...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    uSInG pr0per GramMeR wo0d cErtAinLee hElp;

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, poor grammer drives me crazy, but I think you're alright otherwise.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    au58....why not start your own thread so we can flame you there? You might give MBT a run for his title....image

This is totally a no brainer....what ...after a few months you see some Merc's that you like better than the late IHC?

Buy the darn BU war nickels then go on the the next purchase. I would even go so far as to say don't go back to the shop without a payment in hand!image
  • Options
    atarian,

If you were on The Black List, you would know it and would not have to ask. The Blacklist Enforcement Committee is required by US Law to provide you a copy of the current list, by registered mail, within 15 days of placing you on said list.

Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People take this place way to seriously.

I agree 100%. image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I never really care what people think of me here. If I did, I'd be in the looney bin. >>

This, folks, from someone who *has* been blacklisted. image
  • Options
    You don't have to do anything except--LEARN TO SPELL! Your posts drive me nuts.
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    au58-

I do not mean to pick on you, but take a moment and look at situation from the dealer's perspective. You will see that the dealer has a right to be a bit impatient. You "promise to purchase" the war nickel set by placing a down payment and having the dealer remove the set from his stock (foregoing future sales of a modestly active coin set). You then return to the store and find something "better", the two Indian cents, and ask the dealer to effectively buy back the war nickel set from you at his retail so you can make a down payment and "promise to purchase" another pair of coins instead. That is just silly.

I bet the dealer is wondering, "When will this end?." Honor your part of the deal, it's the right thing to do.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your not blacklisted atarian, not at all. Take and share knowledge from these boards not personalities. When I post a question and I get ONE knowledgeable, opinion I am happy. There are some that will not respond because either they cannot add anything or don't want to- SO WHAT. When I can add something constructive to a post I will add it, or if I get my blood pumping over a coin post (like that newly found 70S DDO Lincoln) I will chime in, but I do not just post just to post. Be confident enough in yourself to learn and share your knowledge/experiences/insights and opinions here without worrying if so and so likes you or not. So and so can take a long walk on a short pier for all I (or you) should care. Don't insult people either- if you don't have anything to add to a post, just read it and move on. There are a few here that are real characters, but for every one there are 20 great people here - Remember Hepkitty's heart of gold... or the many Educational posts that leave you in awe of the time and effort put in by some... Stick around atarian, you are all right.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    Sanity is overrated. Besides who cares. Bob
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • Options
    Hey, I seem to be taking the brunt of the flack on these boards. So you should say "no worries".
  • Options
    If the Congressional Subcommittee on UnAmerican Activities has placed you on their blacklist then you have a better time machine than I do., although if you are now practicing bolshevik activities, I can place you on my blacklist free of chargeimage
    Furthermore, to get off the blacklist, since you call yourself atarian, you must defeat me in Defender and in Pitfall Harry. I doubt you could do either, and no cheating, none of that modern fancy stuff, Just using the Atari 2600, no fancy stuff!!!!!image
  • Options
    defender Yawn i beat htat in my sleep good ole atari cartridge CX2609 . ( yeah go check it up) ;-) um pitfall i hated that and pacman. no patience ( lore and behold) for those games. yet i was a HUGE asteroids fan. mucho astroidal nutcase
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I guess the honeymoon's over on that improved grammar/spelling thing, huh?

• Options
    Sorry, I think this is gonna be a hard habit to crack. Perhaps even harder than the time I broke out of the Old Age of games and excepted the fact to be a true gamer I would also need to own newer games. And , thus the day i opened the door from Atari and earlier systems to Nintendo and everything that has been out since. Nearly doubled thou's collection it did.
  • Options

<< <i>defender Yawn i beat htat in my sleep good ole atari cartridge CX2609 . ( yeah go check it up) ;-) um pitfall i hated that and pacman. no patience ( lore and behold) for those games. yet i was a HUGE asteroids fan. mucho astroidal nutcase >>

I still use my Atari TT030 daily to crank out my timesheets for work.
    Member Steamfitters Local 614
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

It's truly funny, no make that truly sad, that people in this day and age are so wrapped up in their own little world that they refuse to try and teach someone else the correct or accepted way of doing things.
  • Options
    How much would your company want for the Old Atari TT030. i would be interested. i could swap it for an old PC or an atari 800 . if its an atari basic program you use.
  • Options
    I found that the best way to rack up points on Asteroids is to shoot all but one small fragment and just hang out popping the spaceships that will keep coming out. I could give you some tips on Centipede too, high score of just over 300,000. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is there anything i can do to get on everyones good side again? >>

I didn't realize you'd gotten on anyone's bad side? image

<< <i>Is this better? I can use my capitals, lower case, and punctuation better. Now all I need to do is learn to spell and I'll be set. lol >>

Whoa! It's like a whole other person typing, there! image

Who are you and what did you do with atarian? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    You'd be amazed what 15 minutes, a shovel , a hefty bag, and a big back yard can do. Answer, make miricles happen baby!
  • Options

<< <i>

I'd probably win hands down!!

Fortunately, this isn't a popularity contest. Recently, the flamers were dilligently working to see if they could bait me to cross the line so I would be banned from "their" board. I just let 'em flame away. After awhile, they looked very silly and were self-defeating. Heck, if a**holes could fly, this place would be an airport.

Say your piece, but be prepared for a barrage. I doubt that there are many statements that could be made here that would not be controversial. The flamers will pick at every word, look for nonexistant nuances, and do their homework. In my case, the even began to look for hidden meanings in my handle (given to me by a 9 year old), used me as a target for lawyer bashing, brought out obscure history ("60 emails to withdraw feedback"--didn't mention that 55 of 'em were ebay forms), and used every trick in the book to bait me. Best of all, several said they would block me as an Ebay bidder (I hope they did so), which I see as a big plus because I wouldn't want to do business with them if they were the only coin sellers on the planet!

I suspect this flamers, who are very good at their trade, drive many good folks into becoming lurkers. Unfortunately, this impedes free speech and discourages open communications. Personally, I don't mind stirring the pot over a hot flame. However, if you can't stand the heat, better get out of the kitchen.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Just go out and score a Rockabilly cd, then everything will be fine...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    " Are you now,or have you ever been a member of the Darkside ? "

"U.S. Coin forum"

Panel Member

Proof

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file