It was here this morning, now I can't find itimage-----------BigE
I'm glad I am a Tree

Comments

• Options
    Deleted by PCGS for an unknown reason.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was very interesting, maybe there was something Top-Secret in itimage--------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Great story....maybe he wasn't supposed to let anyone know he helped out or carried coins???? Too bad it was a great storyimage
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    Uh oh. They killed Jeremy!
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted by PCGS for an unknown reason.

Nothing evil. Just politics. Let it die. It's for the best.

On the other hand, I'm still kinda pissed that my "Dirty Socks" post got pulled a couple of weeks ago. Sheeeze!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Uh oh. They killed Jeremy!

Oh well. Nothing evil. Just politics. image
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    I'll bet airplanenut locked himself in the vault with an 1804 dollar and you guys can't get him out 'till the morning----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Perhaps someone can explain how a discussion of helping take down a museum exhibit could remotely be construed as political?
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    That dirty socks thread was funny!

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Deleted by PCGS for an unknown reason. >>

Nyah, nyah. We already read it.

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Has he posted any since this morning?
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    That dirty socks thread was funny!

Cameron - I was 110% convinced that you were responsible for having it pulled. Now we have a REAL mystery!
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    I hope Jeremy still can post his images from that post here, it would be a shame if that's not the case. I'm thinking there were protocol issues that made his post disappear, and if that's the case his enthusiasm for the hobby is the only thing to blame.
  • Options
    Maybe I am David Hall Mr. Lustigimageimage

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    I know I want to finish it, started, got about half way, then the boss says, "What you reading?" Whammo, on the big X, "Oh nothing." image
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    Maybe I am David Hall

Cameron - If he can live with that, so can I.
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    LOL. image

Post some sample slab pics and get this thread on topic!image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    This thread is on topic, whens airplanenut getting out of the vault?----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    Odd...no emails or pm replies...its like he never existed. Smoeone should alert the authoritiesimageimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    i never originally read it or saw it where can i read it??

does anyone have a copy of this original thread ? that can pm it to me or send to my e mal?

michael
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The black helicopter came for Jeremy late this noon. The men in black took him

to you know where. For the rest of you "Please look at your screen, while an eye test is administered.".
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Interesting. The thread started by astrorat (Lane Brunner) is still on, but airplanenut 's thread is gone. Both threads are about the same thing, IMO.
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice to get an explanation, if indeed an error was made, to keep us all from the same unfortunate situation.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I'm still kinda pissed that my "Dirty Socks" post got pulled a couple of weeks ago. Sheeeze

Can somebody "in the know" give me a summary of what the dirty socks thread was about?? I must have snoozed through that one......
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Maybe there is a pair of '33 Saints missing and a pending investigation... the mystery continues...

• Options
    RWWRWW Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    AirplaneNut made the same post on the NGC boards and it no longer exists there as well.

What could have been so political that would have caused it to have been removed from both boards?
    Traveling Consultant
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I was traveling earlier this week, so I have completely missed the thread. It sounds like it would have been interesting. Anyone have any info on it they can share through PM?
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Fortunately for me, I saw the post. Nothing about it was in anyway a threat to the security of the United States. I truly hope that Jeremy will be allowed to tell us what the problem is. But believe me, there WAS a problem with what Jeremy posted as far as somebody was concerned. Since both NGC and PCGS removed the post it must have had something to do with the Smithsonion (sp) and the US Government. JMHO. Steveimage
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭

<< <i>The black helicopter came for Jerimmy late this noon. The men in black took him

to you know where. For the rest of you "Please look at your screen, while an eye test is administered.". >>

Jerimmy...

Now that's one I haven't heard before, Bearimage
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    waddaya mean by political?
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Actually, I want to know what happened to airplanenut *himself*.

I've not seen a peep from him since this thread was scrubbed.
  • Options
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    How come it's always politics on this board. image

It does explain the change in the threat level though.

-KHayse
  • Options
    Possible that some security procedures were divulged inadvertantly? Or as someone jokingly mentioned Maybe there is a pair of '33 Saints missing

Could be that something did come up missing and the thread was pulled for investigation. Hmmm....have to see how this pans out
  • Options
    Seriouly What did happen to Jeremy and his tread, PMs welcome to satify my curiosity
    Michael
  • Options
    You guys sure do like living dangerously. It is going to be awful quiet around here when the black helicopters come and pick up everyone who posted in this thead.

This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds...

Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    Michael
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I guess its just better to hide under ones bed, untill all the dust settles.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Contact made with Jeremy and appears everything is OK

Terrible connection however. Alot of bystander clutter with loud latin music in the background so didn't have time to explain anythingimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    Alot of bystander clutter with loud latin music in the background so didn't have time to explain anything

Jeremy has been abducted and is being held hostage by a gang of biker chiquitas in Tijuana? image

Good for him! image
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because there isn't really a NNC. It's been faked by the government on a sound set in Area 51! image
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

never mind - just notified TOP SECRET >>>>>> LEFT >>>11 >>>>> GAMMA RAYS >>>>>>>> Section 4 only! >>>>>>>>>> SUBJECT: JEREMIA AKA JEREMY>>>> DOUBLE AGENT >>>>>>>>>>>>EL AL AIRLINES >>>>>>>>>>>> CAMMY IS OK, NOT! >>>>>>>>>>>> MESSAGE END!
  • Options
    read in another post here that now the articles's out, but that doen't explain everythingimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options

<< <i>I'll bet airplanenut locked himself in the vault with an 1804 dollar and you guys can't get him out 'till the morning----------BigE >>

You forget, it's Friday.....vault doesn't open till Monday!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were there some copyright issues with regard to posted photos? Seems someone had exlcusive rights to take pictures at the dismantling so could be a turf issue. If not a problem with the photos, would like to have Jeremy at least repost the pictures.

Then too, maybe Jeremy pulled the posts himself to make some corrections and they will be back soon?
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll make a few points, then I'd prefer this thread to die--please PM me with questions, as opposed to topping this:

-No pictures
    -The post had some issues--they've been cleared up
    -Numismatic News ran my article in the 9/28 issue--I'm waiting on the word from Coin World

--END
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    The government - give me a break. I pay taxes, and as far as I am concerned, we all should have a right to at least talk about the Smithsonian's coins. WE ALL OWN THEM, so what's wrong with talking about them? NOTHING we all own should be a secret. I wish I could make my income a secret, if they want to play that game. Jeremy was lucky but WE all SHOULD be able to hold those coins too. Free of charge. Pull the troops from IRAQ, and we should have plenty of reserves (money, not troops) to hire workers to display them to us individually. Another thing I can only nod my head to..

What do you mean NO PICTURES!!!! THEY ARE MINE! I have a right to view them. ????????
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file