Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Thank you, Mr. & Mrs. RareCanadian!!!

Today I had the great fortune of meeting Sid and Alicia, two of our esteemed forum members. I had a delightful time, as they were gracious enough to allow me a few hours over delectible lunch in the Old Town here in Warsaw. I must say that I'm astonished by the amount of knowledge and passion they possess for our hobby. Certainly, Alicia has a keen interest in the highest quality rare coins, and knows tons about their history as well as the history of the societies that produced them. Sid, too, is an avid and dedicated Darkside collector. I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity to meet such a wonderful and amiable couple!

Thanks again and we welcome you guys to the forum on a more regular basis!!!

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    It's always a treat to meet other Darksiders!! imageimageimageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Sounds like an excellent afternoon.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    That is a lunch I would have enjoyed being at.

Sounds like a good day. image

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    Sounds wonderful, 1jester! I would've loved to visit with them and you and find out all that you know and could spew out over lunch about Canadian coins!

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    It's moments like this , that make this hobby worthwhile. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • << spew out over lunch about Canadian coins!>>

imageimage
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭
    Dimitri summed it the meeting up nicely.

Alicia sounds like my kinda girl. image

It's nice to hear of couples who share the same keen interests, especially when those interests are coins. image
  • Thank you 1Jester, the pleasure was all ours, we look forward to a long and enjoyable frienship. Thank you for the gift of lovely Polish coins that will be a very welcome addition to our collection.
    Sid and Alicia
  • Cool things happen, there, Mike! There you are, I mean image
    N. N.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    "...we look forward to a long and enjoyable frienship." --Sid and Alicia

My sentiments exactly!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22