Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Should the Emotionally Challenged be Allowed to Submit Coins to PCGS?

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
Should those with a emotional weakened state of mind* and/or mentally issues (Dealers excluded) be allowed to submit coins to PCGS? Can PCGS be held liable if they continue to allow disfunctional collectors to do so?

And, if PCGS continues to turn a blind eye toward this potential debacle, should warning labels be imprinted on the back on slab inserts warning collectors, "The Grade On This Slab Is Potentially Damaging to Your Mental Wellness"?

*This idle suggestion came to me after I received notification my health plan doesn't cover the above scenerio. image

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat:

This is a trick question, isn't it?

I mean, anyone who does submit to PCGS eventually becomes emotionally challenged!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can PCGS be held liable if they continue to allow disfunctional collectors to do so?

There are other types of collectors?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Should the Emotionally Challenged be Allowed to Submit Coins to PCGS? >>

Yes, otherwise I'd have to get someone to do it for me....
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140

<< <i>Can PCGS be held liable if they continue to allow disfunctional collectors to do so? >>

I thought we were all disfunctional - that's why we wound up here!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Can PCGS be held liable if they continue to allow disfunctional collectors to do so? >>

I thought we were all disfunctional - that's why we wound up here! >>

Anyone up for a class action lawsuit?! image

peacockcoins

• Options
    Speaking of dysfunctional, anyone seen or heard from Marty lately?.image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean Marty has to fill out a different form for submitting,than we do?image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a big negatory!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    What a stupid question!!!!
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat
    Have you thought about a new health plan,that allows PO1'simage
  • Options
    I come here to be nurtured and supported. If I were no longer ridiculed, ignored and abused by PCGS, I would no longer feel afraid, cynical or depressed and may no longer come here which would undoubtedly make me depressed, cynical and afraid.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I come here to be nurtured and supported. If I were no longer ridiculed, ignored and abused by PCGS, I would no longer feel afraid, cynical or depressed and may no longer come here which would undoubtedly make me depressed, cynical and afraid. >>

I agree!
    Ken
  • Options
    I think the real question is, if the Emotionally Challenged should be allowed to collect coins at all.

Actually, it would probably a pretty small hobby if that were the caseimage
    God bless America image

• Options

<< <i>Should those with a emotional weakened state of mind* and/or mentally issues (Dealers excluded) be allowed to submit coins to PCGS? Can PCGS be held liable if they continue to allow disfunctional collectors to do so? And, if PCGS continues to turn a blind eye toward this potential debacle, should warning labels be imprinted on the back on slab inserts warning collectors, "The Grade On This Slab Is Potentially Damaging to Your Mental Wellness"? *This idle suggestion came to me after I received notification my health plan doesn't cover the above scenerio. image >>

i don't understand the question
    anita...ana #r-217183...coin collecting noob
  • Options
    I'm just a little bit crazy !!!!imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Vindication!

My health plan now does cover such a scenario!!

peacockcoins

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>(Dealers excluded) >>

phew. i lucked out again.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Should the Emotionally Challenged be Allowed to Submit Coins to PCGS? >>

No, I guess they shouldn't.

But how's PCGS to psychoanalyze their customers beforehand?

Hmm. I think it will require a questionnaire.

Who's gonna write the exam? I wanna see what some of the questions will be. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mental health and special education are both still in the dark ages.

While I think pcgs should avoid allowing some people to join, I agree with Dennis' sentiment and every pathological OCD order refresher can't be banned as they are created with the first order in.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the guy that is suing McDonalds for $1.5 million because he only got one napkin in to go sack (he also quit his job because he was so stressed) would sue PCGS if he didn't get the grades he wanted. This guy is more than emotionally challenged but he did find a lawyer.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Should those with a emotional weakened state of mind* and/or mentally issues (Dealers excluded) be allowed to submit coins to PCGS? Can PCGS be held liable if they continue to allow disfunctional collectors to do so?

And, if PCGS continues to turn a blind eye toward this potential debacle, should warning labels be imprinted on the back on slab inserts warning collectors, "The Grade On This Slab Is Potentially Damaging to Your Mental Wellness"?

*This idle suggestion came to me after I received notification my health plan doesn't cover the above scenerio. image >>

Why are dealers excluded? Would they need to be if this policy passed???
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    if they can stomach being paid to grade the same coin ten or fifteen times, im guessing they don't care where the money comes from as long as there is a check in the envelope
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading this forum for the last thirteen years, I can only conclude that your question is moot - since the forum postings indicate a plethora of emotionally challenged members.... OCD, Bi-polar, depressed, manic etc.... in abundance.... image Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file