Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

4th of July YN Contest Packages Mailed Today

Just wanted to let everyone know that I mailed the "goodie bags" out today -- Parcel Post. Each box is insured for $100.

Please let me know when they arrive. Also -- instead of thanking me with private PMs, please post Thank Yous on the Forum so that everyone can see them. If it wasn't for those who donated, I couldn't do this and they deserve much of the thanks!!!

If possible, snap a pic of your child with the goodie bag as well and post them. I think we would all enjoy seeing the look in their faces.

Everyones getting a pretty nice selection of coins!!

And I wanted to say my own personal thanks to everyone who donated!!!! All of you deserve

Michael

Comments

• Options
    I'll make sure to post my brother's entire response. I only wish I had a digital camera or a flat bed scaner to post pictures. I'll make sure to tell him that they got mailed today.
    ~Richard Dorrance
  • Options
  • Options
    Sadly, I didn't get to get in it. I think Im considered to old. Im glad the kids got stuff though, that makes me happy.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool.

Maybe the winners will drop Frattlaw a nice note through the Mail like a Young Collector did for me today.

Ken
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Cool FrattLaw,
    I missed this post on Monday. Either spaced or got busy.
    I'll take a pic and post thanks from the little one.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>4th of July YN Contest Packages Mailed Today >>

Are you sure? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Are you sure? >>

Absolutely, no fear they have all been mailed. It might take a while via Parcel Post, but they are on the way.

Trust me! (I'm a lawyer)

Michael
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Trust me! (I'm a lawyer) >>

imageimage
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    The yellow slip for my son's arrived yesterday. He's out of town on vacation for another week though...
    The Wegner ARRC Bingle Set

Looking for 1967 PCGS/NGC slabbed coins.
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Here we go! I arrived home today after a few days off visiting friends in another town. The wife and kids were down at the lake and I go to check the mail box. Oooh a package. I get things settled and run down to the post. I had just purchased a coin from Michael so the first thing that went through my mind was WOW, this coin is heavy for a .5 liberty. I open the top and I see, "FOR DAD", and I realize just what else the box contains. I save it by my side for two hours. The lock goes on the door and here comes my little man. I tell him he's a winner and to open his package. This kid is primed! He stares in awe, the wife stares in awe, the older sister stares in awe, and me, I really stare in awe! He is just esctatic and for someone who loves numbers, dates and coins he is in heaven. I, and now my wife can't thank the members of this forum enough. Having come here just over a month ago, and wondering if this was the right place I can say I made an intelligent decision. He sits on the floor as I type this looking over his mini hoard with delight. Here's a picture to share with the group. Your generosity and love through donations truly plant seeds that will last a lifetime.

Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Wow! What a forum. Great Job to all contestants, Michael, and all who donated.image

I look forward to hearing from all the other winners when they receive their packages.
  • Options
    Goober
    , they say, and correctly, that a picture is worth a thousand words!!!!.................image
  • Options
    Now that's just a great story. I am sooooooo happy that you posted that pic. It really makes it worthwhile!!

Thanks

Michael
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Super pic

Makes you wanna cry

Missed out on this giveaway will look for July 4th next year to give.

I should have lots of stuff by then

Rookie Joe

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Wowzer Mike, you really spoiled these kids lol. We should call them FrattBratsimage, nice going!----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    And by the way, I don't want Russ' head to swell any larger than it already may be but my boy's "Favorite Coin" was a Kennedy half, this suprised me the most.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    Recieved package today. Very nice... I was impressed with the variety. Three coins made a round trip(ones I donated). Some here went all out, or have a way bigger budget than I, and FrattLaw spent some scratch on shipping....Thank you.
    On to the pics.
    Went right for the slabs and mint set. He'll fit in nice here in a couple years.

That is 74 Ike. He also liked all the zeros on the Yugoslav. currency.

The 4 year old wants in on next years contest.
  • Options
    Dang...those kids' collections are better than mine...image
  • Options
    They got some nice stuff paigowjohnny.
    Thanks Frattlaw and donersimage
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Great Pics. The smiles are worth millions.
  • Options
    bumpimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file