Home U.S. Coin Forum

Check out my new and hard to find Sac Dollar!

SemperFISemperFI Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
I had to buy a lot of cheerio cents to get this but it was worth it. I wonder how many of these were opened up and spent.

It was actually better than buying the 30+ boxes of Cheerios the guy I bought them off of had to get to find the SAC Dollar.

Comments

• I wonder how many of those cents are the wide AM variety?
    - -

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.

• << <i>I wonder how many of those cents are the wide AM variety? >>

None are reported to be found in the Cherio's packaging.
  • SemperFISemperFI Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I was wondering the same thing. Too bad they did not add a window for the reverse so you can see.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    The wide AM cents came out much later in the year so there shouldn't be any in the Cheerios packages.
    Aaaaaand...11 years later, I am putting it up for sale. Added it to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum and ebay. Why? Brand New Baby Boy!

I love the story behind this coin though which makes it very difficult to part with.

2000-P SAC$1 "Cheerios" Dollar MS67 FS-902 - "OLD FS-401 HOLDER" Certification# 11932509

PCGS Population is at 25. There are 8 other Cheerios Coins in this grade that are not the Pattern, but counted as a Cheerios coin.

2000-P "Cheerios" Lincoln Cent MS66RD Certification# 11932510

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Cherrios cents worth anything? Anything that makes them different?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
    I see the Cheerios Cents being sold online anywhere from .01-$60. There is no difference between a Cheerios Lincoln Cent and a Lincoln Cent from your pocket change. The only novelty is when they are in the original holder or when it is paired with the Cheerios Dollar. Though they are difficult to find in higher grades.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw two Cherrios cents this last week in a junk box and passed on them.

Should I go back and get them?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
    Keyman64, Only if you like them and can get them for a $1 or less.
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang, I only have the cent on the card
    Frank

BHNC #203

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. One, on the find. Two, on the score. Three, on the windfall…. and four, on the birth of a child. That's the reason I bought one. For my first grandchild. Now there are four grandchildren… and my second opportunity arises.

That's a great tale, and tail to tell.
  • USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the birth of your son! Oh and I give your handle a big thumbs up image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your new son!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still look for these at yard sales and antique shops.... no luck so far... however,

I am sure there are a few languishing in sock drawers or junk drawers just waiting

to be cleaned out...image Cheers, RickO
    Thanks all for the congrats. My sons name is Kepler. Yes, I am interested in astronomy as much as coins. Lol

Ricko, yes I too and always on the hunt for the Cheerios dollar. There really aren't that many graded /found out of the 5000 minted. A very tough find.
    Also, not sure how many people noticed, but this post was originally posted back in 2004. image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SemperFI

Also, not sure how many people noticed, but this post was originally posted back in 2004. image

Which was back before I finally proved that the Cheerios dollars had the pattern reverse. See the story in www.smalldollars.com

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CaptHenway
    Originally posted by: SemperFI

Which was back before I finally proved that the Cheerios dollars had the pattern reverse. See the story in www.smalldollars.com

TD

Which is probably what led me to join here, as well as puchase mine in 2005. Oh what influences others have image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file