Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Dark Side Slump

With the lack of Goetz Pattern coins on the market I am in a darkside slump. I have actually started to look at liteside bust halves as an alternative.

HELP!image
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Which thread will get more responses? This one or its twin?
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    This is the low time of the year for darkside material...at least from europe. They are all out playing, drinking beer, and picking mushrooms. Everything will pick up again in October. If I owned an auctionhouse you'd see me pulling the biggest annual auction in August when you had the attention of everyone because they had nowhere else to go...
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    You could start on some Morgans,,,maybe some PL and DMPL CC's image
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Check the other one.

That will keep somebody busy for awhile image
  • Options
    I plan on going to the coinshop this coming week. Perhaps I'll inquire about how to obtain some Goetz.
  • Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,333
    DH if you can find some please let me know.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    If I owned an auctionhouse you'd see me pulling the biggest annual auction in August when you had the attention of everyone because they had nowhere else to go...

You wouldn't necessarily have all this attention, or if you would, it would have been academic, not real bidders, especially in August. Like you said, season is over for European auctions, and collectors are used to this situation. The most important offerings usually show up in early October and May, so budgets are calculated accordingly. It's the time of the year for private trades and consignements for those who won't stop.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I'm kinda holding out for the ANA show in Pittsburgh, last big spend was Long Beach in June......
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill, go for a bust half. Like his Holeyness says, this coin looks good in any grade, especially dark toned VFs. I like them. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    I don't think everyone is sitting around restocking their coffers as you surmise...image
  • Options
    There's a big slump in my future. The extra job starts up again as of now and carries on until December. That and the big $$ we need to paint the house, re-do some rooms and work other house maintenance issues will keep me in selling mode for a while. That doesn't mean I won't buy the odd piece. I've already watched some great coins come and go this week.image
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405

<< <i>I've already watch some great coins come and go this week. >>

I feel your pain. With summer here it seems we are going on vacation quite often this year. Once in May, next week and then again in August. Fortunately not much in expense going on around the house, but we've also taken in quite a few concerts and other activities this summer. Can't wait for winter (can't believe i actually said that) so I have some money for coins again.
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for winter in Ann Arbor???? Not that's just not right. image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    imageimage
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    I couldn't pass on Aethelred's halfpenny, though. The wife will not be pleased.image
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>....The wife will not be pleased. >>

BTW, don't mention Terner to my Beloved!!! image