Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Whos YOUR dealer.

Your guy. Your main man. The one who when he calls, your wife immediately starts to cry. The guy that always comes through - Who do you do the most business with?

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eald Deathlic Cyning, the Olde Dead King himself.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Jon RCNH
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    BustmanBustman Posts: 1,911
    Legend.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Jason!image , Russimage and a huge dealer network that shall go un-named!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    I am part of Madmarty's unnamed network.image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deal with many dealers...and never, never give a want list. Want list equals inflated asking price. This is the voice of experience speaking.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    ebay & a fellow in my area.image Oh, and a guy named Jack.....that goes by the name tmusky @ eBay. If you're a Morgan dollar fanatic, see him.image I figured I'd throw a little PR his way.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    JB Love
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    David Lawrence Rare Coins, always have treated me first class when buying OR selling.

Greg
  • Options
    dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    Laura of Legend. She's a legend in her own right.
  • Options
    Jon at RCNH. Always a positive experience, and he treats you like an important customer.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Hmmm... no one really... I've only bought 1 coin from almost all of the places I've bought coins. I think the only repeat was JJ Teaparty, but that was two coins at the same time... image But, the two dealers I get a lot of advice from and who look out for me, are Cameron and Jade... image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Sarasota Frank...but he's been holding out on me lately image
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    I buy primarily from auction, but the one dealer I respect most is Dave Wnuck of Coin Rarities.

1) Expert.

2) Totally honest.

3) No hype.

4) Nice guy.

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Mike Printz at Whitlow. We both share the camera/photo bug.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a scary thread....
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Pinnacle
    Legend
    Whitlow

For moderns, I shop around more.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Does RCNH have a web site? If so, would appreciate the link.
  • Options

<< <i>Does RCNH have a web site? If so, would appreciate the link. >>

Rare Coins of New Hampshire

603/673-9311

1-800/225-RCNH (7264)

ask for Jon Rosenthal
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options

<< <i>Sarasota Frank...but he's been holding out on me lately image >>

yo! Ask, and you shall receive.
  • Options

I wouldn't necessarily say MY dealer as he has many other bigger fish, but Andy Skrabalak at Angel Dee's is always available and willing to talk Lincolns. He is probably the most forthright, straight-shootin' dealer I have come across.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a dealer. I'm so poor they all laugh at me.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Coast to Coast
  • Options

<< <i>Coast to Coast >>

You're kidding, right?

BTW, thanks for the link to RCNH.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Nobody, really. No dealer wants to "service" me. I do most of my buying via eBay, Teletrade, and Heritage.
  • Options
    nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    Some of the dealers at the Anaheim show,Koopman,David Lappin.Those two are the ones I go to first.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Reeded Edge
    Wondo

• Options
    puffpuff Posts: 1,475
    THe two dealers in my sig line are my main dealers, and occasionally Heritage.....

But I hope to be doing business with Mark Feld as soon as he has coins to offer.image
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    When I lived in Miami, I used to buy ALLOT, I mean ALLOT, from Miami Rare Coins. I will tell you I got some of my BEST deals from them. Very professional, etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Nobody, really. No dealer wants to "service" me. I do most of my buying via eBay, Teletrade, and Heritage. >>

Bob,
    Judging by your ebay feedback I think you're the one doing the servicing image
    (in case you can't figure it out, see feedback from tthenomad, currently 6th ftom the top)
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the guy reading that book in those ebay ads....forgot his name ...whateverimageimage He Rocks!!!

Marc
  • Options
    I'm too easy I guess. No matter who I've tried as a newbie I've ended up paying for it over and above what I later have found in the auctions. Think it's time to sell my slabbed Morgans, learn from experiences and try something different.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Coast to Coast
    Did you move on to Coast to Coast after starting off with Littleton Coin Co.?? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file