Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A circulation find...

I found this in a roll of quarters today at work. Can anyone tell me what it is? I think it's cool finding this stuff in change. image

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spain, 100 pesetas. That's a thick sucker to have been found in a roll of quarters!

Considering its color, I would have been less surprised if it appeared in a roll of Sac dollars.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    It's about the thickness of two quarters. That's what I traded for it so I could have it. image
  • Options

<< <i>It's about the thickness of two quarters. That's what I traded for it so I could have it. image >>

You made out OK - KM#826, Madrid Mint, [VF 75¢, XF $1.25 in the 2005 Krause.
    Roy

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    You need to post over here more often, you add class to the place!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>You need to post over here more often, you add class to the place!image >>

Thanks. image
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    Hi Traci! Nice to see you here image

• Options
    Nice coins!

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than Canadian, I have never found a foreign coin in change or a roll. I think those kind of finds are cool.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The little 1948 Netherlands 10c I got in change a while ago baffled me, since it's smaller than a US dime. Closer to half dime size, really, but it's been a while since half dimes circulated around here.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.