Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Jefferson pics.

mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
I've only got two decent Jefferson Nickels for type purposes. I liked the pics I got of it. Feel free to grade it. I'll post the grade later.

coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Comments

• Options
    nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭
    Great pics... PF68/69DCAM

EDITED TO ADD: Leaning more towards 68 maybe even a 69 but just maybe.
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    cant grade proofs worth a crap - but it's still gorgeous! image
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    HEY FRANKimage

pr68dcam

would go higher but to many specs flowlines (or nappy slab)

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    appears to be a PCGS PR68 DCAM
    Cam jeffs are way tougher than people think !
    on the flip side,if it looks like a CAM to you,it may be a deep CAM.
    PCGS and NGC, really are far more lenient on the CAM grades for JEFFS than for silver coins,the metal is so hard,(why do you think they made silver Jeffs in WWII ? Nickel is a stategic metal) it was difficult to get that cameo effect in the 50's and 60's.
    the mint technology has improved considerably since.

Proof
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS and NGC, really are far more lenient on the CAM grades for JEFFS than for silver coins,the metal is so hard,(why do you think they made silver Jeffs in WWII ? Nickel is a stategic metal) it was difficult to get that cameo effect in the 50's and 60's.

al h.image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    It's PR68 CAM. The crap around the upper rim on the rev is the holder. I think the frost is kinda lacking on the shoulder. and a little bit in the hair.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Excellent photography! image

Ken
  • Options
    Keets,
    could not tell if you were flaming me or agreeing with me !
    care to elaborate ?

Proof
  • Options
    Nice photo of a Jefferson proof. They aren't easy to photograph because the fields aren't totally flat. It makes them a real challenge. This one is especially nice!
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Nice coin ... here's guessing PR-68 CAM ... and, I will certainly disagree with any assertion the third party grading services are "lenient" on Jeffs. In fact, I think it the opposite ... easier to get the designation on silver than nickel ... check the pops.
  • Options
    RGL,
    much more lenient on Jeffs because the standards are so much higher.
    a Cam Jeff will not grade the the same as a Cam Frankie ! (that was ignorent,it will grade the same,the JEFF is much tougher in CAM)
    A Cam Jeff is a brilliant Proof Frankie or Wash and or Roosie.
    if you have a DCAM Frankie from the 50's or 60's it will be hands down more frosty than a Jeff CAM !
    The metal is just harder,i dont care about die prep,if you use the same strike pressure,it will not CAM !

just look at pix,even PCGS coins,PR68 CAM Frankies VS: PR68 CAM JEFFS,any comparison ?
    Heck No !

Proof
  • Options
    Does everybody here hate Jeff's ?
  • Options
    HootHoot Posts: 867

<< <i>Does everybody here hate Jeff's ? >>

Yes.

Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman
  • Options
    shameless self promotion !
    LOL

Proof
  • Options
    HootHoot Posts: 867

<< <i>shameless self promotion !
    LOL >>

Absolutely! image

Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Proof

i wasn't flaming or agreeing. i was laughing at your notion that PCGS/NGC grade Jefferson Nickels more leniently than any other coins. i think the different denominations/alloys just have a different appearance and that could perhaps be the reason for your opinion. after all, you shouldn't expect copper-nickel to look like silver to look like copper to look like bronze to look like gold to look like platinum, should you??

al h.image
  • Options
    Lenient was a poor choice of words.
    The standards are completely different for Nickel coinage !

Proof
  • Options
    nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>Does everybody here hate Jeff's ? >>

With a passion...image
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dag-blasted Jeffies are an addicting animal.

Seems once I saw one of the matte (1994P) coins, I had to get the other, and then attempt to

find regular circ strikes that had as smooth a skin on them as possible to attempt to approach the

understated beauty of the matte strike.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file