Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How long do you wait to hear back from a winning bidder?

Okay, I had an ebay auction that ended this past weekend and every winning bidder has either paid or has sent me payment info with the exception of one. I have sent two invoices one from ebay and one from paypal and still haven't heard a peep. The winning bidder is a seller that pushes a lot of coins mostly in PCI slabs. How long would you wait until you hear back from them? I ask this because each time I have not heard from a winning bidder in at least 3 days I end up not getting payment or too much time has passed for a second chance offer and the under bidder has lost interest.

Just wonderingimage

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I wait ten days. Many people I have worked with don't send a message but do send a check or MO within seven days of auction end. Have only ever had two hiccups in that process.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    I send out invoices the day the auction ends, then I usually give them 7 days to respond. If they have not responded, I send them a reminder. If that doesn't get thier attention, I will send out a NPB notice 3-4 days after the payment reminder. I have only gotten this far once before and the bidder came thru. I have one currently that will get a NPB notice either today or tomorrow. If he does not respond to that within 72 hours, I will give him the neg and move on.
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    It's also that time of year when some people may take a week's vacation away from it all. Still, 10 days sounds fair before sending notice that the lot will be reposted again if no reply is received soon.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    I send a reminder invoice after 7 days. If a buyer does not contact me and make payment arrangements in 14 days, I fill out NPB report. image
  • Options
    Hi,

I wait until two days after the auctions end... I keep an Excel Spreadsheet and mark who paid with Pay Pal, who emailed me with "I'm sending a check" and who I've not heard from.

The third day I send an invoice to those I have not heard from, specifically asking if they could just write back and let me know how they will be paying.

After my first sent invoice reminder… I usually will send a second after 7 days.

I only had to send a third twice… both times I ended up having to fill out a non-paying bidder form (which is a pain) then Ebay sends a reminder… then I have to wait 7 days but not longer than 30 (or something like that) … then Ebay credits my auction.

Anthony

My completed auctions
  • Options
    yep, payment reminder after 3 days ..... I always initially say this to facititate correspondence from them:

Please let me know your payment preference.

or

Please let me know if you will be paying via Paypal or snail mail.

That way, I know how long I will be waiting.