Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show me some SLQ's!

I'll start with two of my favorites.
image
image
David

Comments

  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    image
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    What are the grades, JB?

    I'll guess AU55 and EF40.



    Here's the only one of my SLQ's I have a picture of

    imageimage
  • Options
    Both are ANACS. The 1918-D is an AU58FH. Although the luster is little flat, it is AU, and it has great details for a branch mint, and a nice full head. I agree with the grade. The 1919-S is an AU50. It may be a bit generous for this coin, but look at the shield detail on the inner and outer lines, and the remaining definition of the inner shield. Perhaps it got a little bump becuase it is a semi-key date in the series, and it's got some beautiful original toning with totally unmessed with surfaces. It may come back as a PCGS XF45, but I won't be cracking this coin.

    I guess Xpipe's is an MS64.

    Barry, that is one fine coin. Absolutely beautiful, and a total rarity to boot. Nice.
    David
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Mine is graded 65, but it's only NGCimage It has a bit more panache in person.


    Yeah, that 1918 is really great looking...nice detail and everything. And the toning on the 1919 is very neat! I was probably a little harsh with EF40image


    And Barry...is that 1918/7 yours? Yowza!
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorites. Barry great coin!image
    image
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Thanksgiving 2026 National Battlefield Coin Show November 27 & 28, 2026 at the Eisenhower Hotel Ballroom, Gettysburg, PA. No Early Bird passes for this show. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    1929 S FH

    image
    Mike Bottos
    coinpage.com
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image

    image

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.

    Xpipe - yes, it's mine. I bought it a few months ago. I'm not actively collecting SLQs now, but couldn't resist that one when I saw it. It's been posted in a few other threads, but not everybody reads every thread, so figured I'd use it for this one too.
  • Options
    Boiler,

    That would be one of my favorites too. Here's another of mine, it's raw, but has some nice album tone.

    image
    David
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coins! image

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's a little toning on this coin..

    image

    image

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options
    FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking coins!image
    image
  • Options
    WOW !! Great looking coins !

    Wish i had one to contribute image but i'm glad to just have the opportunity to look at them.

  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorites I bought raw in the early 90's and then had graded last year image


    “We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

    Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Fullhorn to thank for this beauty! Thanks Fullhorn!!!!

    imageimage
  • Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,649 ✭✭
    Here is my first full head Standing Liberty quarter. It is a 1929-S I bought from tonelover about 2 years ago. I showed it to him again when I was at the FUN show last January. He remembered the coin image


    For the quarter to be a full head, it has to have the 3 sprigs in the hair (type II), the hairline around the face, and the earhole. It it doesn't have all 3, it is just a good head. imageimage
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Here's your SLQ, Merc...


    imageimage
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    would someone PM me with instructions on how to post the pictures within the thread (instead of as an attachment) ...image


    “We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

    Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    No where as pretty as your guys' but she's mine and I like her:
    image
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Merc,

    Although I couldn't see the exact detail of the head of your 29-S...what what I could see from the posted photo, its a FH, not a marginal FH, but a dyed in the wool FH.

    Nice pick up. Jon of RCNH has a wonderful set himself, and glad he's sharing his dup's with us.

    Get that 29-S holdered, you'll be very pleasantly surprised.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

    New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Here's mine
    image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    The pride of my collection!

    image

    image
    image

    Okay, okay I'll be honest. Here is one thats a bit nicer:

    image
    image
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image

    image

    jom
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    jom...I hate youimage
  • Options
    Coinpage: Is your 1929-S really FH?

    Here is my contribution:

    image

    image
    Dave - Durham, NC
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,621 ✭✭
    image
  • Options
    Baley, nice coins. I especially like the toner, but I remember your thread on the 28, and have seen it in its new album home. Good stuff.

    MICHAELDIXON, cool coin. You don't see that color on Standing Libs very often.

    coinpage, I must question as well. Even if PCGS calls that a full head, it's lacking the earhole, so I wouldn't call that a full head coin. Nice color though.

    FullHorn, my very first SLQ looks like that, it was a VF/XF 17P I got on ebay about 4 years ago. I love the original grey surfaces. SLQs have been about all I collect starting and since then.

    Crackout, I'd be thanking FullHorn too, that coin is a beauty.

    Merc, a nice example of a white coin with a nice full head.

    Jason, I like original so I of course like your coin.

    Harbon, in my book, any SLQ is a nice SLQ.

    Theop, a nice coin for a 26-D. Very decent head for that year and mintmark. Most are totally flat or scooped out.

    Typetone, what can be said. Beautiful color.

    Okay, here's another from me. Minimal full head, but very nice original color, golds and russets. Would probably go higher than 63 if dipped, but who would do such a thing?

    image
    David
  • Options
    slickpickslickpick Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Here's mine!
    image
    "Truth is a torch but a tremendous one. That is why we hurry past it, shielding our eyes, indeed, for fear of getting burned." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692 ✭
    image

    image

    image

    Sorry, I don't own it anymore...but "I'll never forget her".
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    That 1919 NGC MS 68 is what I call an Anaconda ! What a monster ! It looks FH from the scan. It'd be a hard coin to forget.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

    New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    image

    image
  • Options
    Theop,

    That the way is was graded. The image came from greattoning, One of the images for this coin was was of the coin in a slab that graded it FH. Sorry I don't have that image in my database.
    Mike Bottos
    coinpage.com
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my one and only Standing Liberty Quarter -- It's a PCGS MS-64 FH

    imageimage

    Stuart

    Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

    "Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    Theop,

    Here's the auction for the coin ebay auction for 1929 s FH SLQ
    Mike Bottos
    coinpage.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file