Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone here have a lot of $$$$ tied up in Cole Hamels rookies??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Would that be Redneck U. ?image
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would that be Redneck U. ?image >>

That is correct, sir..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>Roach, sorry about the inappropriate picture. i meant no harm >>

Thanks Will. You would think that with my sick sense of humor, that I would be rolling on the floor, but I was actually thinking about some of the others. The concept was funny, but it's a touchy subject. Your open apology shows much class. You are definitely one of the better guys on these boards. Thanks!

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    p_A

You know you are a redneck if....

You think a Volvo is part of a woman's anatomy.

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    You might be a redneck if..

1. You've ever been arrested for loitering. - CHECK

2. You've ever shot anyone for looking at you. - CHECK (Had the desire to.. wont admit to actually doing it)

3. Your momma has "ammo" on her Christmas list - CHECK (She never would've ran out)

4. There has ever been crime-scene tape on your property - (See #2) (still wont admit to it)

5. You consider a six-pack and a bug-zapper high-quality entertainment - CHECK (throw in a bong and you got yourself a party)

6. Your favorite T-shirt is offensive in thirteen states - CHECK (probably universally offensive)
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I played against Cole in High School and he was over rated back then as well, should not have been a top 10 pick. Same issue with Matt Wheatland who was a top 10 pick as well who appears to be retiring soon, not to mention Scott Heard who already retired.

I would keep an eye on Jake Blalock though since he does have potential to be solid, maybe not as good as his brother but he could be solid.
  • Options
    you know you are a redneck if you have the word WIDJADIDJA in your vocabulary. example:

you didn't bring your dontrelle willis xfractor bgs 9.5 WIDJADIDJA? (for example purposes only-first card that came to mind)

or the word MANAISE. example:

MANAISE a lot of rednecks on the board tonite.

pandrews, i love you man (only in a card collecting manner though)!! you MY BOY!!
  • Options

<< <i>
    pandrews, i love you man (only in a card collecting manner though)!! you MY BOY!! >>

Thanks for the clarification, these people were probably hearing "Dueling Banjos" and picturing Ned Beatty (Deliverance)..

on the "widjadidja" note, I also find myself incapable of correctly pronouncing "Alright".. it just comes out "A-ight" (ah-ite)..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    PA-
    no problem. i would've hoped that the people on this board would have enough sense to know that the only luvin' rednecks get are from thurr family, and since we ain't no kin, they probably would've figured it out. but i clair-ah- fide it anywayz.

• Options
    well, this was an anti-climactic weekend squabble..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>PA-
    no problem. i would've hoped that the people on this board would have enough sense to know that the only luvin' rednecks get are from thurr family, and since we ain't no kin, they probably would've figured it out. but i clair-ah- fide it anywayz. >>

Two rednecks are walking down the street. One says to the other, "why don't you call your girlfriend and see if she'll show us both a good time, it's been awhile since I had a woman.
    The other says, "you go ahead and call her, she's your sister too!"

For those who believe in turn about as fair play - my heritage is English, Dutch, and Native American. Have fun with that one. No offense will be taken.

Actually I live in the heart of redneck country, or "hucklebuck land" as my wife calls it. She grew up here (we are not related by blood). Many of my friends are rednecks.
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    Found this thread by accident from a long, long time ago.

Was there a "good old days" at CU?

I'll let you guys decide - the rub between TheRoach and Beachbum were epic.

Some of these posts are longer than my college thesis!

Also names you haven't seen in ages and ages.
    Mike
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi Mike. Wow! Those guys were long winded. I saw you mention those names in a post awhile ago and wondered about them. I really like this board and kind of like reading some of the epic older threads that I missed as I am still somewhat of a newcomer. If you can think of any other memorable threads, I for one would be interested in reading.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    going back to original question, how much are his rookie cards worth anyways? he's almost to 150 wins over a 13 year career so he's not some scrub pitcher.......
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Ace pitcher for the AL's best team. Guess he turned out OK.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: craig44

hi Mike. Wow! Those guys were long winded. I saw you mention those names in a post awhile ago and wondered about them. I really like this board and kind of like reading some of the epic older threads that I missed as I am still somewhat of a newcomer. If you can think of any other memorable threads, I for one would be interested in reading.

Will do David.

We had some epic train wrecks in the early days of the CU board.

Mike
  • Options
    Originally posted by: alnavman

going back to original question, how much are his rookie cards worth anyways? he's almost to 150 wins over a 13 year career so he's not some scrub pitcher.......

That's a good point Al. I do have an auto RC of his - have no idea what it's worth?

But, let me give some context to that thread.

The OP had a hidden agenda.

Beachbum was "cornering" the market on his auto RCs. Roach was busting balls.

If I can find it - there was an epic battle between the two over a PSA sub that went on for some time.

Beachbum - his first name Mike - was very intelligent and could easily run circles around Roach in a debate. Of course you know where that was going?

If you notice Winpitcher was very active back then. Steve has an incredible memory and probably remembers way more than I. I miss Steve.

Mike
  • Options
    I remember winpitcher id....your right you don't see a lot of the names from the past posting anymore....I had many conversations with bug in rug way back when, mostly about the 84 donruss registry
  • Options
    Let me add.

Due to guys like Kallmalonesay, Beachbum, TheRoach...our forum had loads of discussion about the modern card markets.

Beachbum followed the minor leagues closely and like to talk about the next Pujols e.g.

This is pretty much lost in a forum - now - that seems to have a vintage emphasis?

I also miss Perry Andrews aka pandrews - for those who remember him - this embodies his humor/flair here:

Mike
  • Options
    Originally posted by: craig44

Hiya David

When ya get a chance, check this THREAD by Collector222.

I thought it was kind of funny - especially when someone pinged him and found out he lived in a dorm at a college!

Mike
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike ...did that Jose Reyes kid ever make it as a pitcher in the Bigs? lol
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Haha, mike,

I've read that before. Freakin' amazing!
  • Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    This is craziness - a thread from like ... 12 years ago?! I don't think I ever even visited an online collecting forum back then! I believe my first exposure to one was SCF back in '07 iirc.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    what a thread, never heard of NGS....remember PGS vaguely....are they still around
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Pandrews, sure do miss some of his posts. The old "Open Forum" got so bad they finally had to shut it down.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Stingray

Pandrews, sure do miss some of his posts. The old "Open Forum" got so bad they finally had to shut it down.

One nite I get a PM from Mike aka Beachbum to go over to the Open Forum - one of our members was posting in haiku and driving the coin guys nuts.

I never laughed so much.

Mike
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭

I was right.

...and I didn't leave.

:)

Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2021 11:14AM

I had to look it up, he actually pitched in a game in 2020.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001