Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone here have a lot of $$$$ tied up in Cole Hamels rookies??

More arm trouble. He is sidelined again after more elbow tenderness. That's a very bad sign for this projected phenom in the Phillies A system. He just got off the DL for the same reason. I never purchased a single card of his, but I know some others that have a boatload of $$$ in this guy. It may be time to sell if you have some....

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?

Comments

• image Bowchromeprospects image
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    No Hamels for me. I went with another great young player, Jose Reyes image Is he ever gonna play again?
  • All I got is a few PSA 10's left...
    e-mail me @ EHTHOCKEY@YAHOO.COM

Collecting all bowman chrome rc's from 2002 and 2003
  • JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    I love people who don't know facts from a hole in their ass. He has a little tendonitis; he's missing ONE start and will be back as normal. The Phillies are babying him like crazy to make sure nothing happens. HE has pitched WONDERFULLY this year, averaging almost 2 Ks per inning pitched and a 1.13 ERA.

Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I love people who don't know facts from a hole in their ass. >>

JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mike
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    yeah jmesq not everyone is as enlightened as you are.....
    Im thinking you only replied cuz Roach posted and your still bitter about what happened a few weeks back, now go and get your shine box!
    Good for you.
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    No Hamels for me. I went with another great young player, Jose Reyes Is he ever gonna play again?

Jose is playing in the minors on a rehab stint now. Mets expect him back next week, but we've heard that before!
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!

<< <i> Mets expect him back next week, but we've heard that before! >>

Mantlefan
    I agree. And that's the gamble with pitchers. Heck, I still have a stack of Brien Taylors somewhere!
    Mike
    Mike
    Mike, Jose Reyes plays 2nd base..............lol
    Good for you.

<< <i>Mike, Jose Reyes plays 2nd base..............lol >>

Sorry
    I took a break to sniff some glue! I thought we were talking about pitchers.
    Nevermind.image
    Mike
    edit: it's a good thing Chris Kuhlmann isn't around - he's real high on Jose and me overlooking him - well...let's just say I would never hear the end of it!!
    Mike
    oh I thought we were talking about facts and glutteousmaximus's
    Good for you.
    Actually, won't Reyes play SS for the Mets when he comes back?

• << <i>I love people who don't know facts from a hole in their ass. He has a little tendonitis; he's missing ONE start and will be back as normal. The Phillies are babying him like crazy to make sure nothing happens. HE has pitched WONDERFULLY this year, averaging almost 2 Ks per inning pitched and a 1.13 ERA. >>

Thank you WinPitcher. I really don't want to get into it again with this guy, but he is the guy that is wrong here. A little tendinitis??? Gee, then why the fire sale on all of your beloved Cole Hamels on Ebay right now? I love the description also. " He has a 1.5 ERA, averages 1.5 K per inning, INSANE! ". Good timing on the sales. What's his record right now anyway? Oh, he's like 1-0 or something like that right? Hmmmm, why such a low win-loss record? Maybe because he missed the whole beginning of the year with the elbow soreness, came back for like 2 starts, and was just sidelined again for the same thing.

I am very aware that I am not a doctor, but after missing much of the season with this injury, and then going right back on after only 2 brief starts, I would think everyone should be a bit concerned if they have $$$$ in his cards. That's what we do on these boards, we help out each other with news, prospect info, etc.. Just because you are looking to cash in now before everyone finds out he is back on the DL, don't blame me. He may come back just fine, who knows? I won't take that chance these days though. Good luck selling off your damaged goods.

I understand that maybe you and BeachBum have tons of cash tied up in this kid and may eventually lose a boatload, but I really wasn't targeting any one specific person when I made this news aware to people. Just letting people know who may not have access to Minor League stats/news what is going on. I usually post updates on stuff like this here and there. You read into stuff way too much. I have lots of $$$$ tied up in Hermida and Stokes. If you get any bad news on them, feel free to enlighten me, ok? Nothing personal.

If you want to talk more, I'll be happy to visit the Beckett boards again when these boards are a little slow. Bye!

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
    Actually, won't Reyes play SS for the Mets when he comes back? >>

He was a SS but with the signing of matsui the "plan" was for him to play 2nd base...............that is of course he doesnt fall down and skin his knee
    Good for you.
  • JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I love people who don't know facts from a hole in their ass. He has a little tendonitis; he's missing ONE start and will be back as normal. The Phillies are babying him like crazy to make sure nothing happens. HE has pitched WONDERFULLY this year, averaging almost 2 Ks per inning pitched and a 1.13 ERA. >>

Thank you WinPitcher. I really don't want to get into it again with this guy, but he is the guy that is wrong here. A little tendinitis??? Gee, then why the fire sale on all of your beloved Cole Hamels on Ebay right now? I love the description also. " He has a 1.5 ERA, averages 1.5 K per inning, INSANE! ". Good timing on the sales. What's his record right now anyway? Oh, he's like 1-0 or something like that right? Hmmmm, why such a low win-loss record? Maybe because he missed the whole beginning of the year with the elbow soreness, came back for like 2 starts, and was just sidelined again for the same thing. I am very aware that I am not a doctor, but after missing much of the season with this injury, and then going right back on after only 2 brief starts, I would think everyone should be a bit concerned if they have $$$$ in his cards. That's what we do on these boards, we help out each other with news, prospect info, etc.. Just because you are looking to cash in now before everyone finds out he is back on the DL, don't blame me. He may come back just fine, who knows? I won't take that chance these days though. Good luck selling off your damaged goods. I understand that maybe you and BeachBum have tons of cash tied up in this kid and may eventually lose a boatload, but I really wasn't targeting any one specific person when I made this news aware to people. Just letting people know who may not have access to Minor League stats/news what is going on. I usually post updates on stuff like this here and there. You read into stuff way too much. I have lots of $$$$ tied up in Hermida and Stokes. If you get any bad news on them, feel free to enlighten me, ok? Nothing personal. If you want to talk more, I'll be happy to visit the Beckett boards again when these boards are a little slow. Bye! TheRoach

<< <i>

Let's see... he struck out the side in spring training -- the New York Yankees side -- including Jeter and Arod -- struck out Arod a few times in spring training - they worked him like a horse and he was shut down for a month in the beginning of the season... And -- here's the part about you not checking your facts -- he has -5- starts, not 2 starts -- in which he gave up a total of 2 runs -- and he has tendonitis, the same thing that every other pitcher has occasionally. The Phillies are babying him because he is going to be that damn good. Are you this lax in your personal life in checking facts? Of course, I guess that's why you put a $130 bid on a gold refractor card of a guy you didn't know anything about...

Further, the cards were listed before this tendonitis was 'discovered', and I'm dumping all of my stuff (out of 71 auctions, only 6- or so are of Cole) because I'm leaving this God-forsaken hobby/business. Too many people like you in it.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.

<< <i>Too many people like you in it. >>

Come on Jeff, that's not necessary! You came on and slammed him in an inappropriate way - you could've just as easily asked him "what was his point" and gotten the same feel. I understand you are a professional - well I really expect More from you. If you choose to leave the hobby, I really don't expect that one or two people would drive you out. Lawyers are not that thin skinned or that timid about themselves.
    This is a great hobby and has great personal rewards for many of us. But, the reward is in the Game, the Hunt and the Prize possession. Flipping cards for cash can only take you so far. And I am not disparaging the earning of money on cards or anyone who does it for a living - I'm just saying that as a hobby this is great stuff.
    So, on behalf of Roach, and I'm Not acting as his defense lawyer - just looking for fair play and balance - let's agree to disagree and try to get along - this is my opinion - and if I'm off base - you can PM me and LMK where I missed the boat.
    Sincerely
    Mike
    Mike
  • Facts schmacks, the guy has arm problems. I won't be surprised if he has Tommy John surgery sometime soon.

The GOLD refractor I put a bid of $130 on happened to be Daric Barton. You know this. Why don't you check my Ebay history from about 4-5 months ago or so. You will see that I purchased a total of 75 Daric Barton Bowman Chrome Draft rookies. I later sold them for a smaller profit. Although I do wish I had them now due to his recent "hype", I didn't just figure this kid out like everyone else is right now. I liked him, and invested in him long before he played his first game this year. Check Ebay Inspector Clusoe. Apparently you don't have all the facts. I am not a bandwagon jumper most of the time.

As for you leaving the hobby - Goodriddance!! I am sure there are lots of people who will NOT miss you.

TheRoach

• royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    TheRoach,
    Are you The Incredible Bulk on the Beckett boards?
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Not Cole, all my $ are tied up in Greinke auto'd rookies.

Good to see the Royals are offering offensive support at about JUST BELOW the 2 run mark per outing foir him (with dripping sarcasm)

• << <i>TheRoach,
    Are you The Incredible Bulk on the Beckett boards? >>

Yup. Are you one of the people that jump all over someone when they aren't involved in the thread, or are you just curious? I make some posts on the Beckett boards here and there whenever I feel like chatting and this board is slow. My last time was just the other day when I posted an opinion on Daric Barton. I listed stats, etc.. and just thought that the current Ebay prices were way overhyped for a guy in Single A ball. Most of the sellers on Ebay say "Expect a call up any day now!!", and I laughed about that because the kid is only 18 and at least 3-4 years away.

After that post, good 'ol BeachBum kinda slammed me and then I got defensive. Then, sure enough, here comes the cavalry to jump on in and incite the riot.

Honestly, I have nothing against 98% of the Beckett board people. It's just the way they operate sometimes. They enjoy the instigating as much as anyone else, but they refuse to admit it. Sure, I'm not perfect, but I do believe that the boards should not be taken too personal unless family gets brought in. Just words.

I'm well over the last fiasco, but apparently some of the others involved aren't. I purposely post on the BGS boards now because alot of people who post there feel that they own it and can run anybody they want out. It's impossible. It's a free board just like this one. Anyone is welcomed as long as they abide by the rules. Anyone that says that I haven't been, is lying. If not, why am I still on there.

I visit there like once a month, but when I do, I get into some kind of squabble with somebody. Oh well. It really doesn't bother me. Sticks and stones, ya know? I do like the boards enough to visit around here and there. Lots of opened was results to track. There is some enjoyment over there.

Later

TheRoach

• Hey I don't know why you had to trash me over on the beckett boards. It seems I'm much like you. Including the taste in prospects...had a TON of stokes, including 2 BGS 9.5 Gold Refs', but I sold them all at the beginning of the season. Now, I'm just loaded up on my boy Clint Everts, and I still got a ton of Dallas McPherson from last year...holding them until a call up. Good luck with Hermida, anyway, where HAS Hermida been??

• You're Shane right? I could care less what the other people on those boards say about you to be honest. I don't know you, and I really don't remember ever trashing you. Please let me know what I said. I know others have slammed you over there, but I have no reason to trash you if I don't know you. Unless I included you in the thread that says that you guys have the others like a Marionette with all the alt ID's and jokes towards them, I have no idea what you are talking about. Honest.

Anyway, Yes - we do seem to collect the same stuff. Stokes will be fine in my opinion. he may never hit above .260 or .270, but all you need these days is a few quick homers from any rookie, and you can cash in big time. As for Hermida, he's back already. Jupiter HammerHeads. Check WWW.MINORLEAGUEBASEBALL.COM and you could check the daily box scores by team. He's hitting like .340 or so. he was 3-4 the other day with a HR. He looks like a pure hitter.

Again, if I said anything about you, I shouldn't have. I don't know you, but I do see you have a pretty big reputation on the Beckett Boards for associating with notorious card trimmers. I have no proof though. When I used to speak daily with BeachBum aka Mike aka ModernCollector, he said he got burned by you with some Dontrelle Willis cards. That's all I know about you. It's all heresay though at this point. Did you sell him the '02 Bowman Chrome XFractor Dontrelle Willis BGS 9.5 for $1,500?? Was that you?

TheRoach

• Yeah you included me in with that moron Smel or whatever his name is. Either way I wasn't hurt by it, just wondering what I had done to you. I understand that it wasn't to be meant the way I thought it was. No comment on the honyltd stuff.

• Tsk, tsk,tsk......Roach

Your "cover" is clearly blown on the Beckett Boards where you just can't get past "go".

I see you invoke my name whenever things get a "little" slow; this type of baiting, whether Jeff or me is just that... you're thinly veiled excuses for posting on Hamels, where you don't own a single card, are just that....baiting.

Stick to your expertise in Garrard, Cota et al.

Your "appearances" on the Beckett Board are designed to instigate , not ruminate....anyone who knows how to read can come over and see for themselves.

Its easy to manipulate opinions over here in a vacuum of information....not so easy on the Beckett Board or I'd wager over here if your "friends" came over for a thorough read.....you play the victim quite well, but you are hardly the injured party.

As to "I really wasn't targeting any one specific person when I made this news aware to people", Shakespeare said it best, "Methinks thou doth protest too much".

I've been quiet as you still try to play to the crowd here, invoking my name as McCarthy labeled everyone a Commie in the 50's.

As I told you on the MB ,where everyone can clearly see behind the curtain, bashing Daric Barton in a Beckett post after you bid up the auction I'm high bidder in and then retracting the bid 24 hours later is, shall we say, "questionable", as are four posts in three days denigrating Daric Barton, including earlier tonight......after you bid $134 on his Gold refractor just 2 days ago????? So, whether you retracted your bid because , as you said on Beckett, "you didn't realize the seller didn't take Paypal", how does that explain your bid in the first place???? I mean, you have devoted much space to say he is a likely bust.....hmmmm?????

This is a big sports world Roach...lets see if you can find time to comment without trying to twist logic and perspective to bring me into your posts..... image
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    ·p_A·
  • Oh...I'm so offended by your comparison to Simon Cowell PAndrews.

I think the last time I was involved in a dispute and someone reacted as you just did, the retort was something like, nah, nah, nah ,nah nah nah.

Grow up dude.

Trying to distract and derail an honest response by your methods are worthy of the elementary school playground.....my point is clear enough to the person it was addressed to.
    i'm just messin with you dude.. no worries.. i'm drunk and Im going to bed.. peace out.. to be honest with you i didnt even read your post.. i saw big words and mention of Shakespeare, McCarthy & the Commies (no JoeStalin?) and i knew i was too drunk to read any further..

edited for grammar
    ·p_A·

• << <i>Tsk, tsk,tsk......Roach

Your "cover" is clearly blown on the Beckett Boards where you just can't get past "go".

I see you invoke my name whenever things get a "little" slow; this type of baiting, whether Jeff or me is just that... you're thinly veiled excuses for posting on Hamels, where you don't own a single card, are just that....baiting.

Stick to your expertise in Garrard, Cota et al.

Your "appearances" on the Beckett Board are designed to instigate , not ruminate....anyone who knows how to read can come over and see for themselves.

Its easy to manipulate opinions over here in a vacuum of information....not so easy on the Beckett Board or I'd wager over here if your "friends" came over for a thorough read.....you play the victim quite well, but you are hardly the injured party.

As to "I really wasn't targeting any one specific person when I made this news aware to people", Shakespeare said it best, "Methinks thou doth protest too much".

I've been quiet as you still try to play to the crowd here, invoking my name as McCarthy labeled everyone a Commie in the 50's.

As I told you on the MB ,where everyone can clearly see behind the curtain, bashing Daric Barton in a Beckett post after you bid up the auction I'm high bidder in and then retracting the bid 24 hours later is, shall we say, "questionable", as are four posts in three days denigrating Daric Barton, including earlier tonight......after you bid $134 on his Gold refractor just 2 days ago????? So, whether you retracted your bid because , as you said on Beckett, "you didn't realize the seller didn't take Paypal", how does that explain your bid in the first place???? I mean, you have devoted much space to say he is a likely bust.....hmmmm?????

This is a big sports world Roach...lets see if you can find time to comment without trying to twist logic and perspective to bring me into your posts..... image >>

Hey BeachBum!! What's new? After reading your most recent reply, I have to respond. I have come to understand that you STILL think the world revolves around you. That is not the case, Mike. Are you upset because I outbid you on that Jamie D'Antona '03 Chrome Refractor PSA 10 about 10 days ago?? Give it up man! I was scooping him up long before you. You just happened to be bidding also because Beckett made a jump in his cards this month. You're a bandwagon bidder, but hey, to each his own.

Anyway, to clear the air, the others in this forum could vouch for me that I quite often post threads stating news about prospects and how they are doing. Just helpful info. When I learned that Hamels went back on the DL, I thought it would help to relay the info to this board. I don't believe I ever mentioned your name, or even hinted at your name, in my initial post. Go look, it's right at the top. So please, get off your high horse and go back to bidding on the overhyped cards on Ebay.

I'll visit the Beckett boards any time I choose. Anyone else could also. Because you sink tons of $$$$ into every single prospect out there ( terrible investing method if I may add because only a small % will actually make it ), that doesn't mean that every time I give my opinion, good or bad, I am in any way referring to you. My post on the BGS boards about Daric Barton was completely innocent. Go ahead and cut and paste, Mike. I have nothing to hide. I don't understand? I simply stated that Barton was selling way too high on Ebay at th moment for a Single A player who hasn't played the whole year. I said that he will come back down to earth soon and the values will be better a month from now. ( His average has dropped about 40 points since my post last week ).

And even if you do think I am baiting you in any way, just think like a fish - ignore the flashy, silver hook. Get real man. Am I attacking you personally? Am I swearing? Attacking your family? Sending you computer viruses? Stalking you? I don't get it? I am talking about prospects on another message board and you take it personal. Whatever.

Now go log onto the Webster's message board where your big words and Shakespeare references may be appreciated more. Nobody is impressed that you may have aced your English class. I aced Gym, so right back at ya!!!!

TheRoach

• Jim....perhaps you haven't noticed , but I spend much less time on the boards, Beckett and CU.

But I am bemused when as a "lurker" on either I see you making references to me all the time....don't embarrass yourself to play the coy ignorant fool, which you clearly are not; when things get slow, you come over to stir up trouble...a pure instigator no matter how you would like to "innocently" present yourself.

As to your accuracy in stating several issues in your last pronouncement, many things are immediately apparent...it is you who can't seem to let go.....I bid on literally hundreds of auctions by your own admission; whether you happen to win an auction I've bid in, more power to you...its a free world and you know what to expect from me when I'm paying attention to my bids and what that usually means; I only saw as an afterthought you won...believe it or not I was happy for you!

However, I must correct one bit of overstatement on your part....it was me Jim who collected D'antona either before or contemporaneous with you; after winning all of Mr. Mem's auctions which predate your first purchase, we were both bidding on the lot you eventually won, remember? I don't know why you feel you must create an impression that you are the investing genius and I'm the bumbling fool who needs a flashlight to get out of my own way.

You speak of cut and paste? I could do that with 5-6 of your posts on BGS, where you know I've been inactive as well ( the whole board thing has lost its luster for me ) where your strongly worded opinions are thinly veiled attempts to get my attention. You actually come as close as you can in the middle of your denials with your "FISH" and hook analogy....you do come to bait...

But do that as well if you want...like you say its a free country.....what motivated me to write you is the one thing you didn't answer in your last "editorial"...( oh, and don't use that old populist ploy like I'm some geek because I use big words....oooohhh, can't trust them big word usin guys )....why Jim , after bashing Daric Barton for days on end, did you bid $134 for his Gold 03 Bowman Chrome refractor???? I can think of a few reasons which would go right to the heart of your credibility....like because I was high bidder, maybe? Its you Jim, whose jealousies are projected through everything you say. You are not in my head as I bid, thats for sure, but I can't say otherwise.

Why don't you tell the good people here why you are trashed the moment you step foot into the Beckett Boards??? Oh, I know, it must be my mind control, lol....from someone who has posted only 6 times in 6 weeks. How about the fact that you come over there looking to stir the pot...you have even admitted as much as you try to lure me into one of your one-sided "debates".....in your own words:

I never purchased a single card of his, but I know some others that have a boatload of $$$ in this guy. ( speaking of Hamels )

I understand that maybe you and BeachBum have tons of cash tied up in this kid and may eventually lose a boatload...

I purposely post on the BGS boards now because alot of people who post there feel that they own it and can run anybody they want out...

And what are your posts like on BGS??? I could sit here all day and cut and paste and leave it to others here to see if you are such a "victim" of hostile treatment.

But what about this post Jim regarding Daric Barton:

I understand that he is on fire right now on the field, and Ebay now. But c'mon, the kid is only 18 years old and in SINGLE A ball. Lots of people tear up SINGLE A ball and then never hit the other levels. I do think he will be good, but when you really look at his stats they aren't exactly "earth shattering".

HMMMMMM? Strongly worded opinions.....But just how do you reconcile that post that day with this on the same day :

Bid History

03 Bowman Chrome DP Daric Barton Gold Refractor /50!!!! Item number: 5101954421
    Currently: US $138.05
    First Bid: US $9.99
    # of bids: 11
    Time left: Auction has ended.
    Seller: accrules( 156)
    Quantity: 1
    Started: Jun-12-04 19:40:25 PDT
    Ends: Jun-15-04 19:40:25 PDT

View page with email addresses (Accessible by Seller only) Learn more.

Bidding history (Highest bids first)
    If you and another bidder placed the same bid amount, the earlier bid takes priority
    Date of Bid Bid Amount User ID
    Jun-15-04 19:40:12 PDT US $138.05 honyltd( 1025)
    Jun-15-04 14:07:37 PDT US $135.55 basebprospects( 109)
    Jun-14-04 00:29:58 PDT US $132.00 honyltd( 1025)
    Jun-13-04 15:09:58 PDT US $125.55 basebprospects( 109)
    Jun-14-04 00:29:43 PDT US $111.00 honyltd( 1025)
    Jun-13-04 16:43:58 PDT US $90.00 cdiprima( 369)
    Jun-12-04 23:39:11 PDT US $78.00 honyltd( 1025)
    Jun-13-04 02:23:50 PDT US $44.00 ekards( 1771)
    Jun-12-04 23:22:36 PDT US $12.00 scorpio-23( 1945)
    Jun-12-04 20:10:32 PDT US $11.00 lbblock( 1092)
    Jun-12-04 19:59:42 PDT US $9.99 newsnowtires( 381)

Bidders: You can retract your bid under certain circumstances only.
    Sellers: See how to cancel bids if you need to.

Bid retraction and cancellation history
    Date of Bid and Retraction Action / Explanation User ID
    Bid: Jun-14-04 05:39:26 PDT
    Retraction: Jun-15-04 05:52:06 PDT Retraction: US $138.05
    Explanation: Entered wrong bid amount pedroks20( 917)

HMMMM... on the same day you bash Barton, how do you explain your bid on his card...a Gold refractor no less. Could it be I was the high bidder??

Being the long-time Ebay user you are you are aware that bid retractions are to be
    immediately replaced by the proper bid amount, assuming the person acting in good faith made a simple mistake.

Your bid retraction took 24 hours Jim !

Once again, even if you give any credibility to your excuse on the Beckett Board that you retracted because the seller did not take Paypal ( I guess that wasn't too obvious or do you want me to cut and paste his ITEM DESCRIPTION where he states he doesn't accept Paypal ) ....how does that still explain your bid in the first place....especially in light of your simultaneously bashing him?????

Again, there is only one explanation which is why I've wasted another good 20 minutes of my life to respond to your "protests of innocence". You can bid whatever you like Jim whenever you want...you can come on BGS where I hardly ever post as well and feel free to be bashed by people who have their own agenda against you, most notably as a trouble maker.

But I'm here to repeat what I said there, though without the death threats you made to me several weeks ago....I strongly suggest you find amusement other than my life and bids and collecting interests....and the next time I see such a flagrant abuse of Ebay policy such as the bid retraction 24 hours later on a card of a player you bash and have no interest in and in which I am a bidder, it will be reported...no threat Jim....just a promise.

I've succeeded in moving on with my life, but bidder and Ebay interference demand my attention and proper response.

My friendly advice.... move on....that is all I want .
    here we go again..................
    Good for you.
    Steve, I was thinking the exact same thing, man...image
    ·p_A·
    ·p_A·
  • LOL, PAndrews.....

Tell me, do you really think I look like that....I don't think so.

And whether I do or not, do you go around trying to discredit people if they are disabled or based on their appearance?

Is that the best support Jim can muster?

Thanks, I'll take Jeff N anyday over the likes of your "insightful" responses......I could stoop to your level, but then thats not my style...I let the facts speak for themselves.

Enjoy talking amongst yourself boys.....I've got a wife and baby to get back to...too much wasted time on those who don't deserve it around here.

Hey Pandrews...Nyah, nyah , nyah ,nyah nyah......

<< <i>LOL, PAndrews.....

Tell me, do you really think I look like that.... >>

yep..
    ·p_A·

i'm all set for the battle, are you?
  • You were closer with Simon Pandrews....sorry to disappoint you....oh well, there goes the lucrative money of celebrity lookalikes...sigh...guess I'll just have to content myself with cards......

Don't squeeze that bong too hard tonight...remember, say NO To Drugs!
  • I vow to leave this thread after no more than 3 total posts from here on out. Below is word for word what my Daric Barton thread stated on the BGS boards. Nothing more, nothing less than what I post here. Stats, opinion, etc.. The name of the thread I started over there was DARIC BARTON - OVERHYPED SO FAR! Here ya go:

I understand that he is on fire right now on the field, and Ebay now. But c'mon, the kid is only 18 years old and in SINGLE A ball. Lots of people tear up SINGLE A ball and then never hit the other levels. I do think he will be good, but when you really look at his stats they aren't exactly "earth shattering".

.422 ( this is impressive )
    27 RBI's ( Very low. I can name a ton of other guys with about 100 points lower of an average with more RBI's )

6 2B's and 0 3B's. ( This means that he pretty much hits singles ).

8 HR's ( Pretty decent, but I do not think he will keep it up. His average has dropped about 30-40 points over the last couple weeks or so I believe. )

My point is that everyone jumps all over this guy and OVERPAYS for his cards when in all reality, he is about 3-4 years away from ever joining the Cardinals. Most of the Ebay sellers say "Get ready for the call up any day now". Yeah right. He's got a long way to go.

Right now you will be overpaying due to the hype. Once everyone realizes that he isn't going anywhere for awhile, his cards will come down again. I'd only invest in this kid if he is still hitting well in a few years. Otherwise, you will be sinking your $$$ into some cards that may not move again for a few years. If you could afford to do that, more power to ya.

Carlos Quentin, Jesus Cota, Dallas McPherson, Ian Bladergroen ( young, but tons of potential ), Jeremy Hermida, and Jason Stokes are good investments now because they are due to get called up much sooner than Barton.

I preached up and down about overpaying for Alexis Rios and Adam Laroche when people were going crazy. Now after paying on average $150 and $60 respectively for their ELITE rookies, lots of people would be lucky to see half that. They both stunk it up in the majors so far. Rios more than Laroche and he was almost 3x as much!!!
    At the most, Rios will be an average player in the Majors. Just my opinions...

Jim

I can't find a single thing wrong with that. But then ModernCollector aka "BleachCum", decides to come and razz me because I happened to bid on a gold refractor of Barton that I then retracted the following day when I went over my auctions that were ending that day. I realized after looking more closely that the guy didn't take Paypal and I retracted. Probably my only 1 retraction in 3-4 years on Ebay. My bid was $7 more than BleachCums', and I really gave a crap that he was bidding on it at the time. If I wanted to sabotage him, wouldn't I have tried to outbid him? I'm lost at Mike's angle here? I realized the next day that I wouldn't have the $141 cash to send the guy for the card if I would have went on to win it, so with 13 hrs left, and still within the 12 hr window to retract, I pulled the bid. It then went back down to Mike as the high bidder, $7 less than what I had. You would think that he would be happy. ??? BleachCum has a big head and thinks that I am trying to sabotage his auctions because I happened to bid on one oout of the about 50 different auctions he happened to have a bid on. That's ridiculous. We used to speak all the time Mike, we shared almost the exact same interests. Is it to hard for you to believe that I might end up being interested in a card you are also here and there? Only one auction out of like 50 you are bidding on isn't that bad for me to walk in on.

Did you ever think that maybe I thought twice about paying that much for the card ( even though that wasn't the actual case )? Didn't I explain to you on the BGS boards that Ebay only gives you 3 choices to choose from when you decide to retract a bid?? The other 2 weren't even close to the truth, so I chose ENTERED THE WRONG BID AMOUNT. If retracting a bid was against the rules, they wouldn't allow us to do it. I've done it once, maybe twice. Didn't I prove to you that I wouldn't screw with your Ebay account when I went back and pulled the negative feedback I left you and then left you positive remarks and stated it was an error on my part? What are you trying to get at here?????? Try answering some of the questions I just asked you, Mike.

In the absolute worst case scenario, let's say that I did bid on a Barton GOLD refractor, and then proceeded to bash him on the BGS boards like he was never going to amount to anything ( which wasn't the case at all - read the post above again, MIke!! ), that would just make me a hypocrite. I have been called worse. You got me Mike. I am so embarassed now.

In the future, remember that I would never try and outbid you on any particular auction that I realized you were in. I would have never come close to the $1,500 bid that you placed on the '02 Bowman Chrome Dontrelle Willis XFractor BGS 9.5 I wouldn't have come even close man. I know you have twice as much $$$ as me, and are willing to piss it away at any cost. I'm no competition for you.

TheRoach

• And finally, here is what I said to Mike after he came and accused me of sabotaging his auction after I posted the original Daric Barton thread that is in my previous response. Again, pretty cool about everything and quite honest. There was no reason to hide anything. I may have gotten a bit testy this time around because I had to defend myself from the false accusation, and other board members on Mike's side. Here ya go for those still reading: *******************

Well, look who it is. It's ModernCollector. Good to hear from you. Mike!! To be honest, I was never trying to drive a bid up, I jumped on the bandwagon before looking at his stats. Then I was going to keep the bid intact until I realized that he didn't take Paypal. Total error on my part.

As far as the explanation for the retraction, Ebay only allows you to choose one of three choices. The other two were much further from the truth then the one I HAD TO CHOSE.

Nah Mike, I am done arguinmg with you. I thought we hashed that out awhile back? There is no conspiracy, and you didn't catch me trying to pull a fast one by anyone here by stating my opinion AFTER a bid retraction either. It was as simple as me not having the available cash to pay for the card. Oops. If paypal was accepted, I would have owned it today.

Maybe the fact that I mentioned Alexis Rios and Adam Laroche pissed a few people off. Sorry. Nobody told you to go and spend $150 a pop on this "Can't miss phenom". Boy, Rios and Laroche are starting to remind me of another "crash" situation that someone I know went through with Dontrelle Willis not long ago. LOL. You would think that after spending literally thousands of dollars on Dontrelle, that the same person wouldn't put all of his eggs in one basket again. Oh well, some people must just have lots of cash to throw away. Just think of how all of that cash lost could be used by the family.

Good luck ModernCollector with the Laroche and Rios poor investments. Buying one or two is one thing, but 10-20 of each at their most inflated prices? Absurd. Your problem has always been trying to show off and win every auction that has the "hot card of the week" in it. Much like the 2 Daric Barton Gold Refractors you just won. You did it with Dontrelle and got burned, you did it with Rios and Laroche and got burned, and you will more than likely get burned time and time again until you learn how to collect.

I'd be happy to coach you once again considering how many times you told me that I taught you alot back in the day. I definitely didn't teach you to throw your $$$ away. I want no credit for that. You mastered that all by yourself.

David Haddad - You are the best man. Please, pretty please, don't remove me from your auctions. I promise to never have another bid retraction ever again. Your Ebay stuff is the bestest in the whole world, and I would never want to miss out on anything.

Jim

Sorry that this junk makes it way over here once again. I appreciate the support Stone, I know you would never ever falsley judge. I'm not looking for allies, I just want to clear my name after BleachCums' accusations ( once again ). I want to show that my posts on the BGS boards are in no way attacking BleachCum from the start. Once he attacks, I defend. That's all I have to say. Some can believe, some can disagree. I actually don't think that many people here care about what happens on another board anyway.

TheRoach

I actually don't think that many people here care about what happens on another board anyway.>>>>>

Amen brother

Good for you.
  • I guess you shot your load Jim so I can respond...go try to sell that pap on the BGS Board...tough sell wasn't it...why don't you just link the whole page like I will so your version is not out of context.

Also, if sincere, why the need for dripping sarcasm Jim, "Beachcum"...have you taken a page from the Pandrews school of debate? Why do you go out of your way, if people want to look at your "friendly " past "helpful" posts, to talk only about prospects on all the players you know I collect?

You have exposed yourself Jim...you have proven what I said all along...that your efforts are not in good faith...nothing but pure cheap bait to try to lure me into an argument.

That isn't why I finally put in an appearance Jim...it was the retraction and you seem to have received the message so thats all I have to say......Cole Hamels who is in my sig line, Alex Rios, Adam Laroche & Dontrelle Willis....funny, with all the prospects out there these are the ones you choose to speak about....no matter what you tell these nice folks, we both know why...as to Stone's belief that we were past friends, what was that you said in your last e-mail to me....that you only pretended to be listening to me when I spoke....that I was your "golden cow" who paid you top dollar and thats why you were so nice....Nice, Jim.

Oh yeah...you are "The Incredible Bulk" on BGS.

"WinPitcher" and you say the opinion of another Board doesn't matter.....so why do you state over and over you will go there to post?

Post #1

Post#2

Trying to bait me and Jeff

no offense to special kids!

• << <i>image

no offense to special kids! >>

That wasn't too funny Will. I did get your point though. Try and be a bit more considerate though. There may be some people on these boards with mentally challenged family members.

TheRoach

• Just a few points since I have better things to do than watch people bicker on a message board. Please note my comments are GENERAL comments and NOT inspired by ANY single poster.

1. If someone so vehemently thinks a prospect is overhyped/not worth ‘overpaying’ for, why would they even place such a high bid on the prospect’s cards? I thought rios was overpriced at $150+, so I did not buy any cards. I may have bid, but my bids were nowhere near $150 (nor $100). To bid such a high amount on a prospect you think is so overhyped/overpriced and then to retract it claiming ‘entered wrong bid amount’ seems suspicious to say the least.

2. There is a HUGE difference between ‘reporting the facts’/news and launching personal attacks. Why threads on BOTH boards continually turn into personal attacks is beyond me. Reporting the news is one thing; attacking someone is quite another. Why not just paste the BA blurb on Hamels (like someone did on BMB)?

3. Some collectors seem to think they are ALWAYS ‘on’- ALWAYS ahead of everyone else, NEVER losing money on ANY prospect, etc. Sorry, but that is just NOT reality. Anyone who has been in the hobby for any period of time has LOST some money on SOME prospects- guys who got hurt, guys who did not match up to the hype, guys they overpaid for, etc. I do not see why posts have to turn personal and mention what others paid for certain cards.
  • Rainman,

I know very well that you and BeachBum are good friends, but I will not believe that you are favoring him. Even if you are, you are entitled to your opinion. No problem. I don't recall ever bringing up what someone else says on another board unless someone brings that garbage over here first ( BeachBum ). I could look at any one post on these boards and try to find a way that it "involves" me. I'll make something up if I have to.

Like I said, Ebay allows you only 3 choices as to why you are retracting your bid. The one I chose was the closest to the actual reason. The other 2 were not even close. And even if I do retract a bid, isn't that my business? Why would Mike bring that up over here? Can you quote the post on these boards that would justify that. Was it something I started? If you choose to argue that a bid retraction is from Ebay, a public access site, then I will counter by saying that any one person pays for any single card is also public accessible, right? The only card I mentioned that Mike paid $1,500 for was the Dontrelle Willis. he even joked about that plenty of times on this board. Anyone of us could do a search and find out exactly what I spend each month in under 30 seconds. It's public info unfortunately.

As for you saying that my retraction was fishy, oh well. Like I said, if retracting a bid before I bash the same prospect on the BGS board makes me anything, it's a hypocrite. Big deal. Anyone that knows me will tell you that it isn't true. I went to Ebay because I heard a quick buzz on Daric Barton, went right to the most popular card ( Gold Refractor ), and made a bid. It was later that I actually looked up his stats and found that he hadn't played in as many games as I thought he had, and people were overreacting. Top it off, I didn't have the cash to send. tell me that you have never made a quick bid without reading through all of the nonsense. I bid on the pic in this instance. Guilty as charged. I have lost money on plenty of players. I never said I hadn't. Lots of lost $$$ here. I do not buy high and sell lower though. I never buy into the hype of Single A players until I see them play. Felix Pie, Alexis Rios, Rickie Weeks, etc.. come out in the book so high that there is hardly any room for profit.

If Mike wants to bring up a cheesy bid retraction as some major crime that nobody really cares about, I will laugh at some of more senseless investments. It's called picking my weapon. Just get the point across to your buddy Mike that nobody cares what happens on the BGS boards. These are the CU boards. I only copy and paste when needed in defense.

No offense taken on your opinion. I have read your posts in the past, and I have never had a problem with you. Thanks.

TheRoach

• Roach, sorry about the inappropriate picture. i meant no harm

<< <i>Sorry that this junk makes it way over here once again >>

Roach
    Hope this settles down, I was thinking that this is getting to be 'high maintenance' and as I have said before that I am embarassed a bit for watching the train wreck and even throwing in some humor - I do believe there are two sides to this - I would still have liked for you two to have patched this up - yes - as Beach would say - just call me Mr. Naive. But if you guys need a little more work out, I've got it covered.
    Your friend
    Stone13
    Mike
    "WinPitcher" and you say the opinion of another Board doesn't matter.....so why do you state over and over you will go there to post?

hmmm id like for you to show everyone where Ive made that remark BUM I think your dreaming..........first off I was simply replying to another post in which the person said " that many could care less what happens on other boards" and my reply was AMEN BROTHER......all opinions matter bum, just not yours in this case anyway...
    Good for you.

<< <i>Also, if sincere, why the need for dripping sarcasm Jim, "Beachcum"...have you taken a page from the Pandrews school of debate? >>

actually, he called you "BleachCum", which coincidentally, is closer to being from the Pandrews school of debate..
    ·p_A·

<< <i>Roach, sorry about the inappropriate picture. i meant no harm >>

it was funny
    ·p_A·