Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who thinks this Ebay seller can and will deliver "his" coin to the winning bidder?

Comments

• Options
    Do you know something we don't know?

New member with zero feedback, but the coin ships COD, so there is no money paid
    until the postman is on your doorstep with the coin!
  • Options
    Is Ed Lee the seller or is he just quoting another dealer?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Why are you bidding on your own coin? image Bad Mark bad! image
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Wow, I'm really confused now. This looks like the same coin I bid on in error previously and which the seller, Ed Lee (who was selling it for a client) was kind enough to excuse/forgive.

I see that my last name is part of the current seller's Ebay ID image- I hadn't even noticed that when I first saw this listing.

Maybe it is a perfectly legitimate listing by the owner of the coin? If so, he has set no reserve. I will see what I can find out and report back if I am able to verify "the rest of the story".....
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    With my last post, I just intended to tease you Mark.image But still, it`s an odd coincidence and Mark is one of the good guys on the boards here. He isn`t the kind of guy that would pull this kind of thing.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>but the coin ships COD, so there is no money paid until the postman is on your doorstep with the coin! >>

My understanding is that you cannot inspect a COD package before paying for it. There's a big loophole there. (Not speaking about this auction specifically, just COD rules in general.)

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Kranky is correct. Pay first, open later. Could be a box of rocks. However, if it's COD check, you're still protected. It takes at least a couple days for the check to get to the seller, (in the case of UPS, at least a week). Plenty of time to issue a stop payment.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm,you pay and may get an empty box??
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark,

If the coin comes to you from an address in the United Kingdom for the amount of the ebay winning bid, I will donate $25 to your favorite charity in your honor. I could offer more, but what's the point?
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I won't bid on it. I seen much nice barbers for about half the price. the photos aren't that good and it is a common date. I know it will trend for 3k but 0 feedback and fuzzy photos don't work for me.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    hmmmmmm. The seller's ID contains the name "Feld", and the buyer's ID contains the name "coinguy1" and this originator of this slam-thread is Mark Feld, aka coinguy1.

edited to add: image
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I must be dense. I don't get it.
  • Options
    Jade - I have NO argument with what you just documented. image

I did email the seller, asking him to explain how 1) someone else offered the same coin recently and 2) why he is making reference to that previous seller in his listing description - no reply to this point.
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Might be the old COD <-> empty box scam...

• Options
    Hey Mark, why don't you give Ed Lee a call???

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    coinmickeycoinmickey Posts: 767 ✭✭
    It makes no sense. Seller rattled on about the grader and how this coin grades just like this and that, BUT....it's in a PCGS holder. Why is the seller explaining all of this? He's talking like the coin he is selling is NOT the slabbed coin. Maybe I'm missing something....image

I concur with the posters above, something odd here.
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• Options
    Ed Lee is lee1913 on eBay, I've done business with him and I highly doubt that listing is his. 800-835-6000 is his gallery's number.
    Keith
  • Options
    Jade, I called Ed Lee's office hours ago to let them know. They were going to check on it.
  • Options
    hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    Looking through his feedback, "therealcoinguy1" appears to be into high-end walkers and proof half dimes (and has shelled out mucho $$$ in the past couple months.) This one doesn't seem to fit his recent activity, unless he's branching out.
    Mark
  • Options
    If the buyer on eBay is "therealcoinguy1", then who is "coinguy1"?? An imposter?? image

• Options

<< <i>If the buyer on eBay is "therealcoinguy1", then who is "coinguy1"?? An imposter?? image >>

-George
    42/92
  • Options
    hughesm1/Mark, I am the bidder you described.image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The English that this seller uses is a farce. What is a conniser of "fine coins." Is that related to a connisewer? Give me a break.
    A guy selling a PF68 barber quarter can't even string a legit sentence together.

Mark, if you are the "realcoinguy1" we have been bumping heads at times on ebay type coins! You are certainly a connisewer of impekable tayste.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>Mark, if you are the "realcoinguy1" we have been bumping heads at times on ebay type coins! You are certainly a connisewer of impekable tayste. >>

Roadrunner, I am indeed, "therealcoinguy1" AND "a connisewer of impekable tayste".image
  • Options

<< <i>Roadrunner, I am indeed, "therealcoinguy1" AND "a connisewer of impekable tayste". >>

I can vouch for that -- ask Mark about the Columbian Half he had for sale in LB last year -- great looking coin! image

Michael
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    I have a hunch that the guy will come to your house, give you a well sealed empty box, take the check/money order and go cash it right away. Then he will enjoy a nice relaxing vacation here in the States with your $4,500.

Just a hunch though. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file