Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Great day at Dalton today, even with FC57Coins there.

Had a good time today. Talked to a few members and picked up a few coins to fill the holes in the ol' Dansco U.S. Type book. Some of the more common junk and then a few of the better ones:

1834 Half Cent

1851 Half Cent It has a crack in it the holder calls a planchet lamination (I think that's what it says, handwriting is a bit rough) It's not a term I've heard before.

1843 Seated Liberty Dollar It's probably AU but it's been whizzed so I got a huge discount and it will look just fine in that Dansco hole.

1871 Seated Liberty Dollar It has a bit of wear but a nice natural looking tone. Still a nice piece to look at.

1918 Lincoln Commem

1900 Double Eagle

Some world 1/10 oz gold pieces

Probably doesn't do much for most of you but it was fun for me.
Glock: the original point and click interface.
The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and liberals.
Criminals love gun control, it makes their profession safer.
If guns are outlawed can we use swords?
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Comments

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Coincop,

It was great to meet you today. Looks like you were very busy after I left. Nice haul.image
  • Options
    thanx, "everything I said in the fatmans' thread"image
    gravity--it's the law.
  • Options

<< <i>thanx, "everything I said in the fatmans' thread"image >>

oops.. I didn't see that one. Sorry. Please don't scold me Camster.
  • Options
    I was there today and really enjoyed it, as it was the first larger coin show I have attended. It did seem crowded, and I didn't think the isles between tables were wide enough to accomodate all of the traffic. But all the dealers I spoke with seemed helpful and cheerful, so I guess business was good. Lots of raw and slabbed coins, and I agree that NGC predominated over PCGS, but there was a whole lot of SEGS and PCI slabs. I think SEGS is based out of Chatanooga, TN, 15 minutes away.

Actually, the only board member I met was FC57Coins and I enjoyed talking with him. I even purchased a 1909VDB 1c from him. His example pictures looked great.

Speaking of ACG (in FatMan's other post), I was somewhat surprised as I walked by a table and it was Alan Hagar himself, set up with Robert Johnson (isn't he centsles ??). They were packed up and gone by about 3pm, but seemed to be selling mostly PCGS and NGC slabbed moderns including commems and bullion. There was a display case full of ACG stuff as well. He had a few copies of the Accugrade grading book on hand, but I didn't buy one. image

All in all I picked up 5 new coins for my 20th Century type set, and I updated my web page tonight with those newps. Unfortunately, my wife is out of town with the digital camera, so no pictures till Tuesday.

It was worth the 5 hours of driving round trip. I am glad I didn't get lazy and decide not to go. It's still going on tomorrow, but I wonder how many fewer dealers will be there. I overheard several who mentioned they would be driving back home tonight.
    Dave - Durham, NC
  • Options
    Actually, the only board member I met was FC57Coins and I enjoyed talking with him. I even purchased a 1909VDB 1c from him. His example pictures looked great.

I'm offended. I almost gave you that 09vdb at double the face value and you don't even give me honorable mention! imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Seated Liberty Dollar >>

Ah..the no motto Seated Liberty dollar..the last one I need for the Dansco....but I'm not doing the gold pages...
  • Options
    Oops, I met coincop and didn't realize it image

Ok, I met two forum members and they were both great guys.

Actually, I think you offered to give away the 09 VDB, but I offered twice face since I believe the dealer needs his profit too!
    Dave - Durham, NC
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    It was good meeting you too Theop - Corncop can be something of a nuissance at times but we put up with him image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file